Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Houses in Zurgena

Houses in Zurgena

Old Nov 5th 2014, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houses in Zurgena

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks everyone it is really good to have different input, and we certainly have to do some further thinking on this.
We could probably up our budget a bit, but we are currently paying for an extension on my parents house and didn't want to stretch ourselves too much.
The dream of retiring to Spain has been constantly in our minds for the past 10 years or so, and to be honest I am thinking if we don't make some move now , then it may never happen,However at the same time we certainly don't want to rush into something that we later regret.
Said it before, but when buying we looked at what we can afford, what do we want and what's available. My partner also didn't want an apartment and buying a bigger detached house was too expensive for us. The obvious choice was either get a small property that you can extend later on, or buy a plot where you have no maintenance. In my opinion what's the point of buying a nice fancy house now if you're not living there permanently and in 20 years it's an old house. For holidays a small property does the job and should we live there later we have enough options to upgrade but can also easily sell.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 4:33 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi All,
This is my visit to the forum and would be most grateful for any advice.
My wife and I are looking to purchase a small town/village house around the Zurgena / Arboleas area.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thank you
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:05 am
Just Joined

sharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to beholdsharpee is a splendid one to behold

Hi Trev
We have a holiday property just outside Zurgena and love the area.
There is a straight-talking lady in Zurgena that does conveyancing and general legal services who tells it as it is! Might be worth seeing if she can find out about those properties, or any others you are looking at.
Just in case you are not aware, there is a long-standing dispute between the town hall and the Regional Gvmt so although you can buy & sell in the area, it's not straight forward at this time.
There is a lot of illegal property in the area so you do need to take great care.
Best advice would be to rent or BnB for a while to give you a chance to ask around and check things out.
Do get in touch if you want any more info.
Wishing you all the best.
Pete
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
Hi Trev
We have a holiday property just outside Zurgena and love the area.
There is a straight-talking lady in Zurgena that does conveyancing and general legal services who tells it as it is! Might be worth seeing if she can find out about those properties, or any others you are looking at.
Just in case you are not aware, there is a long-standing dispute between the town hall and the Regional Gvmt so although you can buy & sell in the area, it's not straight forward at this time.
There is a lot of illegal property in the area so you do need to take great care.
Best advice would be to rent or BnB for a while to give you a chance to ask around and check things out.
Do get in touch if you want any more info.
Wishing you all the best.
Pete
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 7th 2014, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Zurgena is one of the small number of 'problem' towns in the Almanzora Valley (mainly because the mayor, during the time of the 'illegal houses', was from a minor political party. He has since been barred from office). See here.
Indeed, two homes in nearby Cantoria, owned by Brits, are due to be demolished later this month.
You can check locally - the AUAN is a British-run organisation that knows the form and will give you a proper lawyer.
Many, many retired Brits are living in misery, with no water or electric (hosepipes and generators), thanks to their homes' paperwork not being in order.
Old Nov 7th 2014, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
Zurgena is one of the small number of 'problem' towns in the Almanzora Valley (mainly because the mayor, during the time of the 'illegal houses', was from a minor political party. He has since been barred from office). See here.
Indeed, two homes in nearby Cantoria, owned by Brits, are due to be demolished later this month.
You can check locally - the AUAN is a British-run organisation that knows the form and will give you a proper lawyer.
Many, many retired Brits are living in misery, with no water or electric (hosepipes and generators), thanks to their homes' paperwork not being in order.
Sounds quite depressing and also had a look on street view. Area looks a bit boring to be honest and with so many bargains around I'd pick a nicer area (Just my opinion).
Old Nov 7th 2014, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, Zurgena has a British councillor called Jim Simpson who is an ex-policeman. Jim has a blog on local town hall stuff here.