British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Household help in A Coruna province (Sobrado) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/household-help-coruna-province-sobrado-915493/)

tubastyles Jul 30th 2018 8:48 am

Household help in A Coruna province (Sobrado)

Hello All

We have, or rather are in the very final stages (completion this week...) of purchase of a wonderful, quiet and secluded house close (5 kms) to Sobrado dos Monxes. All well and good, but we (at least at this point) won't be living there permanently, we will need some assistance with the running of the place- at the present moment, although not yet a priority, we need someone to occasionally cut the grass- there is a large meadow which would require a "rough cut" maybe 2-3 times a year (guessing on this one....) and a fine cut of the lawn closer to the house, also what will be a priority will be pool maintenance during the periods when we are not around.

Further we are thinking of renting the property out as a holiday let at some point, so if anybody can advise on letting agencies, or other ways forward, then we'd be very grateful to receive your advice.

With many thanks in advance, for all thoughts and assistance

Helen and Simon

Casa Santo Estevo Aug 1st 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Household help in A Coruna province (Sobrado)

You need the house to be resisted before you can let the property out.
The law.
I hope your house can meet the standards required. Once registered you can list your property with any of the websites that one can normally use. Who to use to clean ? You will have to find someone locally.

obd Aug 7th 2018 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by tubastyles (Post 12540680)
Hello All

We have, or rather are in the very final stages (completion this week...) of purchase of a wonderful, quiet and secluded house close (5 kms) to Sobrado dos Monxes. All well and good, but we (at least at this point) won't be living there permanently, we will need some assistance with the running of the place- at the present moment, although not yet a priority, we need someone to occasionally cut the grass- there is a large meadow which would require a "rough cut" maybe 2-3 times a year (guessing on this one....) and a fine cut of the lawn closer to the house, also what will be a priority will be pool maintenance during the periods when we are not around.

Further we are thinking of renting the property out as a holiday let at some point, so if anybody can advise on letting agencies, or other ways forward, then we'd be very grateful to receive your advice.

With many thanks in advance, for all thoughts and assistance

Helen and Simon

Hi Helen and Simon
Congratulations on your new home :)

I’m moving to A Coruña in October and would like to meet expats in the area so please stay in touch. Happy to pass on any local knowledge.

cheers

mcasalap Aug 10th 2018 10:05 pm

Hi ,

British and living in La Coruña. Wanted to know if there ara other Brits in the area.

Maria

Hannah2 Aug 26th 2018 11:50 am

Hi Maria,

I am British, living in La Coruña. I’ve just arrived. I’d like to meet some other people in a similar position.

Hannah

mcasalap Aug 26th 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Hannah,

that would be great. Perhaps we can meet sometime for a chat. Wherabouts are you based.

woodypup Oct 29th 2018 9:11 am

Hi

we are hoping to relocate to A Coruna too, we are a family of four with a small dog, coming from the uk. May I ask if you used a relocation expert or something alike to this to help with the sale, and all the other paperwork etc......

many thanks