House types

Old Nov 12th 2019, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House types

Originally Posted by m2m2012
Perhaps lack of money and/or the hassle of getting a permit is why people don't have a double garage, and maybe because 20 years ago few families owned two cars. I have read that people in Spain don't look after cars like in other countries; if true they probably don't see the need for a garage.

As for me, I'm not interested in a detached house. I don't want a yard, driveway, etc. to maintain plus I think a village house or townhouse is less likely to be broken into.
Well, I would think that a larger 3 storey house is a lot harder to maintain than a smaller bungalow and especially for people who get older, walking up and down stairs will be a problem. You can get somebody to cut a lawn for a tenner, but a larger townhouse further inland will need more heating than a smaller detached house near the coast during winter. Then you have to consider other things like distance to supermarkets etc. Of course it will depend on the village but some areas will always be more prone to burglaries than others, even if it is townhouse. You also need a permit for everything in Spain, so buying a prefab steel frame garage from a registered company will not be more hassle than wanting to change tiles. You still have to get the permit in both cases.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Are the garages and floors there because extended family stayed on upper floors and animals stayed on the ground floor originally?
Old Nov 18th 2019, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

theres loads of houses like this in alhaurin el grande. Our first house was this way, I had my classic car in there when I arrived.

Idealista is rubbish because the estate agents are lazy. - When you "upload / list" a house there is a series of boxes to click on the features that the house has. garage, garden, parking, lift, etc. If the agent clicks on garage instead of parking.. the house comes up in the searches..
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

m2m2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
theres loads of houses like this in alhaurin el grande. Our first house was this way, I had my classic car in there when I arrived.

Idealista is rubbish because the estate agents are lazy. - When you "upload / list" a house there is a series of boxes to click on the features that the house has. garage, garden, parking, lift, etc. If the agent clicks on garage instead of parking.. the house comes up in the searches..
Idealista is certainly not as good as Zillow in the USA that's for sure.

In the custom area I drew on the Idealista map had over a thousand village or town houses that had a "garage". I looked at everyone of them (!) and found just over fifty had a 2 car garage that I consider big enough for my needs in my price range; so rare but not impossible to find. A handful of places had huge garages. There was one village house with a 200sqm garage at ground level underneath the house like the one above. I think the owner owned farm land in the surrounding countryside and stored his tractor and equipment there. Seek and ye shall find ( Matthew 7:7).

Last edited by m2m2012; Nov 22nd 2019 at 6:06 am. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

In the custom area I drew on the Idealista map had over a thousand village or town houses that had a "garage". I looked at everyone of them (!) and found just over fifty had a 2 car garage that I consider big enough for my needs in my price range; so rare but not impossible to find. A handful of places had huge garages. There was one village house with a 200sqm garage at ground level underneath the house like the one above. I think the owner owned farm land in the surrounding countryside and stored his tractor and equipment there. Seek and ye shall find ( Matthew 7:7).
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Monty Python 19:75)
Sorry, just couldn't resist........
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Monty Python 19:75)
Sorry, just couldn't resist........
Mentioning Monty Python on a BritExpat Spain forum is a dangerous game! Remember Manuel from Faulty Towers? Spanish delegates at the 1979 Montreux Television Festival complained that the Spanish character Manuel was "an insult to the Spanish people". see:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/andr...04-gt3fwv.html
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: House types

Mentioning Monty Python on a BritExpat Spain forum is a dangerous game! Remember Manuel from Faulty Towers? Spanish delegates at the 1979 Montreux Television Festival complained that the Spanish character Manuel was "an insult to the Spanish people". see:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/andr...04-gt3fwv.html
I wonder if Faulty Towers is the reason why the Guardia Civil are allegedly targeting British plated cars in Spain???
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: House types

I wonder if Faulty Towers is the reason why the Guardia Civil are allegedly targeting British plated cars in Spain???
I think you will find a lot of british plated cars are illegal or their owner does not have a correct licence or paper work.Hench the rush for a spanish drivers licence which can now take up to six month's. and the police know this.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

I´ve been looking for a "villa" with double garage for ages. its literally my "ideal home / dream". I´m also a classic car enthusiast,(vw beetles) and it makes me so annoyed when it says garage and there isnt. I´ve emailed a few of the agents to ask for pictures and plans just to make them feel silly

Originally Posted by el collado kid
I think you will find a lot of british plated cars are illegal or their owner does not have a correct licence or paper work.Hench the rush for a spanish drivers licence which can now take up to six month's. and the police know this.

good. get them all off the road. I **some** of the foreign plated cars are my customers, but i have no sympathy. know the law or not, nobody would consider driving a car in the UK without MOT or valid insurance, so why on earth would anything be different in another European country.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

I´ve been looking for a "villa" with double garage for ages. its literally my "ideal home / dream". I´m also a classic car enthusiast,(vw beetles) and it makes me so annoyed when it says garage and there isnt. I´ve emailed a few of the agents to ask for pictures and plans just to make them feel silly
How about this:
https://www.idealista.com/en/inmueble/82708223/
Plenty of room for your bugs here, plus a fireplace to keep you warm while working on your cars in winter.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

How about this:
https://www.idealista.com/en/inmueble/82708223/
Plenty of room for your bugs here, plus a fireplace to keep you warm while working on your cars in winter.
I would love that, but I work at Malaga Airport
Old Dec 14th 2019, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

I would love that, but I work at Malaga Airport
So where are you storing your bugs now?
Old Dec 14th 2019, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

So where are you storing your bugs now?

I've no bug right now *big sad face*.. Im in the market for another one.

but if i had one and i didnt have room.. We have 40 thousand square metres at work.. I could have 20 and nobody would notice.. *ideas* hahah