House types

Old Nov 9th 2019, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

m2m2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House types

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Being a 30's american car will it fit down village streets?
The length of my 1930s car is less than a VW Golf; not all cars from that era are huge.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: House types

Originally Posted by m2m2012
Although not new, the 5 houses I found that meet my criteria all seem to be in good condition; and they don't seem to have been patched up to sell. Here's one of them. When the time comes I most definitely will visit Spain take a good look at all the options and check out the village and have a lawyer check out the paperwork.

The house looks great .I noticed there were no radiators on the walls you will need a heating system if you are going to live here full time.It might be sunny and warm outside but the house will be very, cold very cold just a thought to bare in mind when buying.Good luck

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 10th 2019 at 8:59 am. Reason: Photo´s removed
Old Nov 10th 2019, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it necessary to quote the whole load of photos?
Old Nov 10th 2019, 9:01 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
Is it necessary to quote the whole load of photos?
I have removed the photo´s for El Collado Kid, he is very new to using the internet but is learning fast on here.

Rosemary
Old Nov 10th 2019, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by el collado kid
The house looks great .I noticed there were no radiators on the walls you will need a heating system if you are going to live here full time.It might be sunny and warm outside but the house will be very, cold very cold just a thought to bare in mind when buying.Good luck
In a photo above it shows what looks to be a wood stove heater in the living room. Bedrooms have electric heaters, see photo below.
Off topic I think, but in the same photo above showing the wood stove heater, what are those two white square objects on the wall? Speakers?

Old Nov 10th 2019, 12:09 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

One is a socket and the other is a light switch.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
One is a socket and the other is a light switch.
Are you looking at the bedroom or the living room? Look at the large white squares objects halfway up the wall in the living room photo further up the page.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

The ones that look like extractor fans.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 4:25 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I think he is referring to the two vents on either side of what appears to be a wall mounted TV. These are too big for electrical junction boxes and don’t look like air vents.

My guess is that they could speakers for the TV or audio system. When we built our house all the Audio/TV surround speakers were buried in the walls. We did the same with the music systems to two sets of wall mounted outside speakers behind vents.

Of course it may not be a TV, just a picture, in which case I have no idea! If it is a TV it appears to be on the wrong wall and I can’t see any evidence of the control equipment.

Last edited by Fred James; Nov 10th 2019 at 4:33 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2019, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I bet the TV is close to the dining table on the left. Normally is.
Also, I can't remember normally seeing a room that big, especially in a village house. It looks to me more like a garage that has been converted. Is it just me though?
Old Nov 11th 2019, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
I think he is referring to the two vents on either side of what appears to be a wall mounted TV. These are too big for electrical junction boxes and don’t look like air vents.

My guess is that they could speakers for the TV or audio system. When we built our house all the Audio/TV surround speakers were buried in the walls. We did the same with the music systems to two sets of wall mounted outside speakers behind vents.

Of course it may not be a TV, just a picture, in which case I have no idea! If it is a TV it appears to be on the wrong wall and I can’t see any evidence of the control equipment.
That's just a picture, but there is an old TV on the opposite side of the room. If those white objects are speakers it's surprising they are surround sound with such an old TV.

Originally Posted by Mark604
I bet the TV is close to the dining table on the left. Normally is.
Also, I can't remember normally seeing a room that big, especially in a village house. It looks to me more like a garage that has been converted. Is it just me though?
No TV close to dining table. That room is not on the ground floor so it cannot be garage, plus photos above show that the garage on the ground floor is still a garage. Not all village houses are the same and not made in the same era as I've found a few of them with this type of setup.

Old Nov 12th 2019, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I see better now.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking about garages, just yesterday a smaller property came up on idealista in our area with 2 garages. I've actually never seen this before, as it's usually only one garage if it's a smaller home and the homes with 2 are huge. Unfortunately in the wrong area for you, but this is probably what you were talking about?

Old Nov 12th 2019, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Speaking about garages, just yesterday a smaller property came up on idealista in our area with 2 garages. I've actually never seen this before, as it's usually only one garage if it's a smaller home and the homes with 2 are huge. Unfortunately in the wrong area for you, but this is probably what you were talking about?
Perhaps lack of money and/or the hassle of getting a permit is why people don't have a double garage, and maybe because 20 years ago few families owned two cars. I have read that people in Spain don't look after cars like in other countries; if true they probably don't see the need for a garage.

As for me, I'm not interested in a detached house. I don't want a yard, driveway, etc. to maintain plus I think a village house or townhouse is less likely to be broken into.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by m2m2012
Perhaps lack of money and/or the hassle of getting a permit is why people don't have a double garage, and maybe because 20 years ago few families owned two cars. I have read that people in Spain don't look after cars like in other countries; if true they probably don't see the need for a garage.

As for me, I'm not interested in a detached house. I don't want a yard, driveway, etc. to maintain plus I think a village house or townhouse is less likely to be broken into.
I live in a large town and quite a lot of townhouses do have very large garages on the ground floor with the living accommodation above, like the one in your picture. The garage floors are beautifully tiled, too! There does seem to be demand for offstreet parking amongst Spanish car owners, we rent the parking space which comes with our apartment to a Spanish person as we don't have a car ourselves. Maybe less so in villages where parking is not so difficult as there are fewer vehicles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.