House Sitters

Old Sep 30th 2011, 12:33 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of
Default Re: House Sitters

OOps sorry, undelete that message..

Will get in touch.

Suzi

Last edited by Grebo; Sep 30th 2011 at 12:35 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 2:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
Hi again all, I was just wondering about this housesitting venture... If I should get short assignments I'm sure I could treat the stay time as holiday,,, but what if someone wants me to stay for five or six months... do I need extra documents or permission to stay longer... don't want to be half way through a stay and then get hoofed out of the country..any help gratefully appreciated
Originally Posted by Cazzy1
I think you can stay for 6 months in one year. I doubt anything would happen if you stayed longer. If you are on UK benefits this would cause a problem. We live here so no problem for us.
You are supposed to register at the local national police station after 3 months if you want to stay in Spain.
You should also sign on the padron so that the council get their dues for the local services provided.
After six months you need to register with the Spanish tax system, I expect your service would be on their payable tax list as a perk.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

garyingwent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...this is my first time entering a forum but it is not the first time I have housesat. I too am about to move and do house sitting in different areas but Spain was not one that I had in mind...interesting though. If anyone has any experience in Greece or the Greek Islands I would be really interested to know. If I can give any advice on house sitting please just ask.