House Sitters

Old Sep 20th 2011, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute
Default House Sitters

I was just wondering wether people in Spain ever needed house sitters.. I was planning to come and live in Spain but plans are on hold now due to my pooch getting run over,, her vet bills were astronomical and sucked up all my Spain fund (and more).
I still yearn for Spanish scenery and warmth and wondered if house sitters were ever used..
I am 54, have no children at home, hubby works near to home so dogs not neglected..
if anyone knows how I would go about this, please give me any info..
Cheers Amigos.
Jan x
Old Sep 20th 2011, 2:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Sitters

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
I was just wondering wether people in Spain ever needed house sitters.. I was planning to come and live in Spain but plans are on hold now due to my pooch getting run over,, her vet bills were astronomical and sucked up all my Spain fund (and more).
I still yearn for Spanish scenery and warmth and wondered if house sitters were ever used..
I am 54, have no children at home, hubby works near to home so dogs not neglected..
if anyone knows how I would go about this, please give me any info..
Cheers Amigos.
Jan x
Hi Jan

Good to see you posting again but so sorry to hear about your pooch.

Do a search because someone on here was recently looking for a house sitter for 5 or 6 months (I think). Apart from asking in the way that you have or siomeone saying that they want a sitter I do not know how you would go about it but wish you luck with it.

Rosemary
Old Sep 20th 2011, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hi Jan

Good to see you posting again but so sorry to hear about your pooch.

Do a search because someone on here was recently looking for a house sitter for 5 or 6 months (I think). Apart from asking in the way that you have or siomeone saying that they want a sitter I do not know how you would go about it but wish you luck with it.

Rosemary
The one Rosemary's talking about is this: (I remembered cos it's reasonably close to us) Housesitter - Recommendations needed. Can't figure how to post a link, sorry. Search the whole phrase or Casabermeja, which was the nearest village and mentioned in the thread.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen this mentioned before on similar threads, but no personal experience of it. If you search, there are more similar sites out here.
http://www.mindmyhouse.com
Some Spanish one's here.
http://www.mindmyhouse.com/sitters/o...php?country=63
Old Sep 20th 2011, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies and also for the links.. very much appreciated.. this is something I will definately be looking into...
Old Sep 29th 2011, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi again All,
I have made a small attempt at setting up a facebook page regarding my foray onto house sitting..
Bearing in mind that I am a complete amateur in advertising, I would appreciate some feedback on the page, so if any of you have a facebook account would you like to have a look at Ex-Pat (Spain) house-sitting service and let me have your opinions.. also if you know of anyone who needs a house sitter at all, can you let me know... I hope this doesn't break the advertising rules but I am not doing this for payment as such,, just to see a bit of Spain while helping out...

Also if this needs to be moved to a better spot can the mods please do so for me
Old Sep 29th 2011, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

Are you thinking of charging for house sitting? There are a lot of people (including ourselves) that do it for free. We used to have an agency in the UK that dealt with house/pet sitting and we did earn a lot of money from it. We tried it over here and it didn't work. So we now do it for free as it gives us the chance to see new areas of Spain.

good Luck
Caz
Old Sep 29th 2011, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Caz, No I am not charging for it but would need to be picked up at the airport and returned to airport at the end of my stay.. however if the owners should choose to help with my air fares then I wouldn't refuse..
I really just want to see a bit of Spain without the hassle of booking holidays as being a single traveller I have to pay hefty charges. also it would be nice to help others out when they need it without it costing them a fortune for dog sitters etc..
Old Sep 29th 2011, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dorishaslop
Hi Caz, No I am not charging for it but would need to be picked up at the airport and returned to airport at the end of my stay.. however if the owners should choose to help with my air fares then I wouldn't refuse..
I really just want to see a bit of Spain without the hassle of booking holidays as being a single traveller I have to pay hefty charges. also it would be nice to help others out when they need it without it costing them a fortune for dog sitters etc..
I hope it works out for you, there are a lot of people who can't afford kennelling for there animals, do you look after farm animals and horses too? If we get any enquieries that we can't do I will put them on to you.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Caz, I would prefer to stay away from looking after large farm animals as I don't have much experience of them, but all domestic pets will be fine, I have owned just about all since my younger days, including a 12foot Boa Constrictor..
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi again all, I was just wondering about this housesitting venture... If I should get short assignments I'm sure I could treat the stay time as holiday,,, but what if someone wants me to stay for five or six months... do I need extra documents or permission to stay longer... don't want to be half way through a stay and then get hoofed out of the country..any help gratefully appreciated
Old Sep 30th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

I think you can stay for 6 months in one year. I doubt anything would happen if you stayed longer. If you are on UK benefits this would cause a problem. We live here so no problem for us.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

There you go.... Interest already!!
Old Sep 30th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grebo
We would love a house sitter for the odd week here & there, we have two dogs who have never been in kennels & a moggy, and would love to escape from them, now & again.

Have you got any references ?

Feel free to PM me.

Suzi
Hi Grebo,, that would be great, getting references will be no problem, My past work was as a carer for old and disabled people and I loved the job and many of my oldies loved me very much... I have two dogs of my own and they are treated like my babies.. I've had cats before and I love them but we live too close to a road and I couldn't bear to lose a cat to traffic.. any time you are thinking of a break just let me know and I'll get the broomstick out of mothballs
Old Sep 30th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cazzy1
There you go.... Interest already!!
Many thanks Cazzy xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.