Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House sitter - Recommendations needed

House sitter - Recommendations needed

Old Aug 20th 2011, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Pamelakaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House sitter - Recommendations needed

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? We're looking for house sitters to start in around 4 weeks time (maybe sooner), the person who usually looks after things in our absence can't do it anymore so thought a house sitter might be the answer. The finca is in the mountains but only around 25 minutes from Malaga City centre and the airport and is near to the white villge of Casabermeja. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:02 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House sitter needed

Originally Posted by Pamelakaren
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? We're looking for house sitters to start in around 4 weeks time (maybe sooner), the person who usually looks after things in our absence can't do it anymore so thought a house sitter might be the answer. The finca is in the mountains but only around 25 minutes from Malaga City centre and the airport and is near to the white villge of Casabermeja. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
I will be available from middle of Oct but would travel down from Granada

travel thru the threads and make a few postings and clock up at least 3 and then u can send me a private message

the only other person I know of at present lives is in Salobrena

rgds
Dom
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Dom, but I think mid October will be too late for us,however,I'll do what you recommend and get back to you.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of Brits in the general vicinity; do you not know anyone apart from the previous 'caretaker' you'd trust to keep an eye on the place for you? (or any other nationality, for that matter!).... why isn't this in Spain?
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sharon, but we are down a 1.7k track and it seems that everyone we know is reluctant to make that effort even though we have offered to pay! We concluded a house sitter would be easiest all round.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House sitter - Recommendations needed

I'm not volunterring unfortunately, but some more details might be helpful. Length of stay, what's involved, pets to look after etc?
Old Aug 21st 2011, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Yes of course I understand, do you know someone who might do it then? We have 2 campo dogs who don't live in the house, they just need feeding, watering and a little tlc. The stay would be for a minimum of 3 months upto a maximum of 5 months. The only other things would be to keep the housenince and clean and to water out plants.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 6:42 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I would never trust my pets/house to someone on an internet forum. I am sure some are very genuine but there are a lot of nutters out there...beware.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 6:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I would never trust my pets/house to someone on an internet forum. I am sure some are very genuine but there are a lot of nutters out there...beware.
I find it amazing how many people will trust in strangers that they meet on forums.

Rosemary
Old Aug 21st 2011, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

This may come as a shock but some of us here on these forums are actually really nice people. Not out to nick the family silver or hold parties in peoples homes. I also understand that there are some who are maybe not but I would assume that they would meet who ever it is they are leaving their home to before they go and they are the best judge of character, even if you reply to an add you can not always know who you are getting. Have a little faith in people, you may actually get a surprise.

Had it of only been a week or so I may have been able to help out but with my parents coming I can not help. Do have a friend that does house sitting but not sure they would do 3 - 5 months. Good luck with your search
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
This may come as a shock but some of us here on these forums are actually really nice people.
I believe you, I'm convinced! Being honest and trustworthy myself, never been in any form of trouble, I'm sure I'm not alone in joining you in your club!!! Equally, I'm sure the OP would not hire someone without checking them out first. 5 months is a long time though, but it might suit someone.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:28 am
Just Joined

housesitter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, while searching for a long term house/pet sit position we came across your ad. We would be delighted to help you out; five months is perfect with us.

We are a late 30s/early 40s couple and have extensive experience as sitters/caretakers and have excellent references from previous assignments.
If interested, we have a CV with all details incl. our picture and testimonials for consideration,

We look forward to hear from you,

Kind regards,
Mirjam

Last edited by housesitter; Aug 23rd 2011 at 9:31 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 10:38 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by housesitter
Hi, while searching for a long term house/pet sit position we came across your ad. We would be delighted to help you out; five months is perfect with us.

We are a late 30s/early 40s couple and have extensive experience as sitters/caretakers and have excellent references from previous assignments.
If interested, we have a CV with all details incl. our picture and testimonials for consideration,

We look forward to hear from you,

Kind regards,
Mirjam
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham