Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House for sale website

House for sale website

Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile House for sale website

Hi All,

Recently I was just browsing the threads and one had a web address given which was highly praised for a) being free and b) selling the house in question in two weeks for the asking price.

Now my sister has said she wants to put her house up for sale on the web. We all know the big ones such as rightmove and so on but this one was less well known but the description was very promising so I would like to recommend it to my sister.

Could anyone who saw it tell me where to find it or give me the address.

Thanks in anticipation,

John.
</IMG>
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: House for sale website

Is this in Spain or the UK?

There was an article on Moneybox at lunchtime today about selling UK properties online:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ox/6578993.stm

And this is a Spanish one that I know people have used with great success:

http://www.iberhomes.com/
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Is this in Spain or the UK?

There was an article on Moneybox at lunchtime today about selling UK properties online:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ox/6578993.stm

And this is a Spanish one that I know people have used with great success:

http://www.iberhomes.com/
Hi Beachcomber,

Sorry she lives in (and wants to sell her house in) Wales.

Regards,

John
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

There are some websites mentioned on the Moneybox link.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link, a friend of ours wants to put his house up for sale, and I knew a link had been posted in the past....Great Timing !
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

jaldridge is an unknown quantity at this point

I am really curios as to how iberhomes are able to sell property successfully. They don't appear to get much traffic and don't seem to rank for anything.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't know the answer to that but I have a friend who sold his property for the asking price a week after putting his ad on the site. No advertising fees or commission, no lying estate agents, no double dealing lawyers, just one very helpful notary's clerk, one very happy seller and one very happy purchaser.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
no lying estate agents, no double dealing lawyers
I take it you don't like agents and lawyers much then
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now what gives you that idea?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:59 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaldridge
I take it you don't like agents and lawyers much then
who does

they do very little work for gigantic profit

We dont need them anymore , all you need is a PC on the internet you can browse propertys all over the world , from the comfort of you own chair..

They do guess work on valuations , only open 9-1 and 2-5pm , if you want mortgages they always push whats the best commision they get ! . if you want to view you ring them they ring the client , they ring you back .

I would hazard a guess within 10 years 80% of properties will be sold online ,as you can even have virtual tours ..

I put my property online myself on www.mypropertyforsale.co.uk and on www.homesonline.co.uk its sold now waitting for the chain to complete ..
and it hasnt cost me a penny ..although i am now advised both these now charge £99 ...it was free last year when i did mine..

Whats the alternative ?
Pay a agent to stick a pic in his shop window , and give him a few thousand quid for that ?

I am sure most estate agents will say "oh we will put it on our web site" But the reality is they do not get in the top 2 pages in the search engines and we all know if your not first few pages then you may just as well not bother ..

Because of the volume of propertys in these upcoming new websites , they will be in top searches as they have lots of content and a ever changing website which search engines love ...

The argument of the For sale board is valid but even that is supplied by the websites !!

So what do estate agents do ?? answer = Nothing that you cant do yourself
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:05 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: House for sale website

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,

Recently I was just browsing the threads and one had a web address given which was highly praised for a) being free and b) selling the house in question in two weeks for the asking price.

Now my sister has said she wants to put her house up for sale on the web. We all know the big ones such as rightmove and so on but this one was less well known but the description was very promising so I would like to recommend it to my sister.

Thanks in anticipation,

John.
</IMG>
Hi John and Kath! Don't know if the following two websites would be of interest to you, but we have our house on both. We are also selling in Wales. The first, my sister sent a newspaper clipping which advised the seller had been trying to sell his house for nearly a year with an agent without luck, an put it on this site and had a viewer around within 2 hours who purchased over the asking price. This was www.eureka247.com but have had no luck. The other is www.homesell.co.uk and again little or no response.
But the way I see it, is that it is not costing us a penny, but still gives us coverage on two extra sites. You can attach photos to your site, and also write your own description. Both are very easy to use. Good luck to your sister!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Big Pete, I think you are tarring all agents with the same brush. It's like in any industry, there are good ones and bad ones. You get good teachers and bad teachers, good plumbers and bad plumbers, etc.

A couple of good freinds of mine are agents and they are excellent. They work incredibly hard and go out of their way to assist their clients. They are for sure a minority.

Yes, you can do it yourself but some people still, and will always, prefer to have someone reliable to show them around and hold their hand throughout the process.

"For sale by owner" websites are still in their infancy here and it will take a while before they catch up with the standards like they have in the US. Many of these websites don't rank in the search engines and the companies generally don't have much money to market the sites so they generate very few enquiries. I know several people with these types of sites and that's what they tell me.

Good agents will always be around, it's the crap ones which we're now starting to see getting left behind, especially in the current market.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:52 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaldridge
Big Pete, I think you are tarring all agents with the same brush. It's like in any industry, there are good ones and bad ones. You get good teachers and bad teachers, good plumbers and bad plumbers, etc.

A couple of good freinds of mine are agents and they are excellent. They work incredibly hard and go out of their way to assist their clients. They are for sure a minority.

Yes, you can do it yourself but some people still, and will always, prefer to have someone reliable to show them around and hold their hand throughout the process.

"For sale by owner" websites are still in their infancy here and it will take a while before they catch up with the standards like they have in the US. Many of these websites don't rank in the search engines and the companies generally don't have much money to market the sites so they generate very few enquiries. I know several people with these types of sites and that's what they tell me.

Good agents will always be around, it's the crap ones which we're now starting to see getting left behind, especially in the current market.
Well you may have a valid point as the big chains with clout will survive ..
All i know is when i am looking for propertys i have a choice ?

1. Get up early ring every estate agents and hope they send details of what they have ?
2. Get up even earlier park in the town and walk to every estate agent in the town i wish to buy in ?
3. Get up not so early and buy the local Newspaper and see whats available in the area i want ?
4. Get up and spend a whole weekend driving around areas looking for" For Sale" boards and then write down the agents phone numbers and wait til Monday to ring them and get them to send details .
5. Put a small advert in seeking Propertys and hope to god someone replies ?

As you can see , this is like back in the 1960 era !!!

Now my method

1. Get your bestest "Peak District" Souvenier Mug , boil the kettle ,put a tea bag and 2 sugars in when kettle boils pour it in , add a splash of milk and sit down in your favourite chair with the Lap Top in situ ..
Turn the Hi Fi on , select a classic Album like "Life in the Fastlane Soundtrack on them Peaky peaks of the Peak District volume 3" adjust volume and turn your PC on..
Go to Google and type in "House for sale in Clacton with 3 beds and a Pond" and see what comes up !!
Hey presto several pages should appear (assuming the people have done there adverts correctly !! ) . Click the links and view to your hearts content , view the propertys and when you find the Direct advert , it will have a email address a phone number which will normally be evenings ! as against estate agents who only work part time daytimes
Then i would email or ring and ask more about it ! If it sounds good i say "Well it sounds good , whens convenient to view ?" They would then set a time etc.. When i have then viewed if i like it i say "Ok tell you what , leave the fish in the pond and that new cooker and i will buy it !"

Then we simply exchange Solicitors names etc.. and its job done ..

regarding the needing holding hands i reckon this would only apply to first time buyers !! So i grant will always be a market but still estimate its going to diminish big time Which is good news in my book..
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

I like your method

I think this place will be much better once all the crappy agents are out the way who have done more harm than good to this market.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,

Thanks in anticipation,

John.
</IMG>
Bump? Are you out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.