British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   House purchase (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/house-purchase-872589/)

fififiat Feb 16th 2016 2:42 pm

House purchase

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to purchase a home in Spain if your a cash buyer.
Thanks

snikpoh Feb 16th 2016 2:51 pm

Re: House purchase

Originally Posted by fififiat (Post 11869196)
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to purchase a home in Spain if your a cash buyer.
Thanks

It all depends but it can be as little as a few days.

Make sure you use a professional gestor/abogado though, PLEASE.

fififiat Feb 16th 2016 2:54 pm

Really that quickly ! We hope to be out looking for a month in April and yes will most certainly be using correct legal professionals. Thanks for your reply 👍 Is the process of purchasing a car easy ?

spainrico Feb 16th 2016 2:55 pm

Depends on the property and the sellers. If there are no complications it can be done in days, if there are problems with outstanding debt (IBI etc) or missing papers (ie Energy cert) it can take longer.

The seller should be organised with all the relevant papers and bills paid an be ready to sell and sign but if they are absent (live abroad etc) or there are many people to sign at the notary it gets more complicated.

This is worth a look
New Guide to Buying a Property in Spain Available Now | Spanish News in English - On The Pulse of Spain

and always take qualified professional independent legal advice.

fififiat Feb 16th 2016 3:02 pm

Thank you we will

Originally Posted by spainrico (Post 11869227)
Depends on the property and the sellers. If there are no complications it can be done in days, if there are problems with outstanding debt (IBI etc) or missing papers (ie Energy cert) it can take longer.

The seller should be organised with all the relevant papers and bills paid an be ready to sell and sign but if they are absent (live abroad etc) or there are many people to sign at the notary it gets more complicated.

This is worth a look
New Guide to Buying a Property in Spain Available Now | Spanish News in English - On The Pulse of Spain

and always take qualified professional independent legal advice.

Rosemary Feb 16th 2016 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by fififiat (Post 11869196)
Thanks

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

fififiat Feb 17th 2016 7:38 am

thank you Rosemary

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 11869370)
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Kenwoodlad Feb 17th 2016 8:04 am

We saw our house on 18th December 2011. We put in an offer and paid a deposit on 20th December. We owned the house on January 5th 2012.

Good luck.

johnnyone Feb 17th 2016 8:06 am

Do not jump in feet first! Fully research the area etc. It's easy to fall in love with a property and not see the pitfalls.Buying (c.13%) and selling is not cheap so don't make a mistake. Look ahead and consider if the area/property will suit you in the years to come and not just now.
Good luck.

fififiat Feb 17th 2016 8:22 am

Thanks great sound advice

Originally Posted by johnnyone (Post 11870015)
Do not jump in feet first! Fully research the area etc. It's easy to fall in love with a property and not see the pitfalls.Buying (c.13%) and selling is not cheap so don't make a mistake. Look ahead and consider if the area/property will suit you in the years to come and not just now.
Good luck.

fififiat Feb 17th 2016 8:23 am

Thank you

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad (Post 11870013)
We saw our house on 18th December 2011. We put in an offer and paid a deposit on 20th December. We owned the house on January 5th 2012.

Good luck.

Bigmomma1 Feb 17th 2016 8:26 am

Took six weeks for us, start to finish. Once we had found our property and paid a deposit we needed to return to UK, our Spanish (English Speaking) Solicitor kept in touch with us via Email and Text and arranged everything for us, Opening Bank Account, Connections to Utilities, Building & Contents Insurance.

fififiat Feb 17th 2016 11:01 am

Yes I had heard your solicitor could take care of the business.... Where a outs do you live we are looking in the Murcia region and hoping to view several properties mid April if they are still on the market of course

Originally Posted by Bigmomma1 (Post 11870026)
Took six weeks for us, start to finish. Once we had found our property and paid a deposit we needed to return to UK, our Spanish (English Speaking) Solicitor kept in touch with us via Email and Text and arranged everything for us, Opening Bank Account, Connections to Utilities, Building & Contents Insurance.

Bigmomma1 Feb 17th 2016 12:09 pm

We are further South, on the Coast in the Malaga Region. It is far enough away from the really busy 'tourist' areas but close enough to visit if we desire, which we often don't !!

fififiat Feb 17th 2016 12:49 pm

Sounds great

Originally Posted by Bigmomma1 (Post 11870191)
We are further South, on the Coast in the Malaga Region. It is far enough away from the really busy 'tourist' areas but close enough to visit if we desire, which we often don't !!