Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House Insurance?

House Insurance?

Old May 20th 2008, 2:08 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House Insurance?

Can anyone recommend an insurance company for our house and contents insurance?

Ours is up for renewal in a few days and they have put the cost up quite a lot even though we havent claimed!

Thanks
Old May 20th 2008, 2:22 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Insurance?

You could try Linea Directa (Direct Line) as they now do house insurance.

www.lineadirecta.com
Old May 20th 2008, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Who are you with now SD?
I too am looking for insurance deals. LD have put their motor policies up quite alot recently and the house insurance I have with MAPFRE so far.
Old May 20th 2008, 3:26 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Same Difference

Ours is up for renewal in a few days and they have put the cost up quite a lot even though we havent claimed!

Thanks

Try here www.expatinsuranceinspain.com
Old May 20th 2008, 3:27 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Thanks
I am with SegurCaixa from La Caixa bank and found them great. Had to claim recently and was paid out in 7 days. In full.
Old May 20th 2008, 4:55 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Linea Directa saved us loads a money with our car so I would give them a go, when we are up for renewal that's where I am going, but is always good to get a few quotes.
Old May 20th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

we're with ges seguros - saved us a packet, although i may try LD now if theyre doing house as we've already got car insurance with them.....
Old May 20th 2008, 5:04 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Try Intasure
http://www.intasure.com/holiday-home...roducer=299995
Old May 20th 2008, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
That is who I am with and it has gone up by €200 in the last two years and I havent claimed!
Old May 20th 2008, 5:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Mapfre.

I may pay a bit more, but I like to know that if anything happens they'll actually treat the claim quickly.

I made one claim on the house ins so far for those locks I had glued and they paid out without a fuss in literally a week of me putting the claim / invoices in.
Old May 20th 2008, 5:26 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Do what you would do in the UK and go to a broker, we do that.
But if they have sent you a notice they will take out the money from your bank account any day now. Do the insurance companies require some days notice that you no longer want the policy with them? Even if it is due for renewal.
Old May 20th 2008, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Do what you would do in the UK and go to a broker, we do that.
But if they have sent you a notice they will take out the money from your bank account any day now. Do the insurance companies require some days notice that you no longer want the policy with them? Even if it is due for renewal.
They havent got my bank details because I give them my debit card details each year to renew it. They are phoning me each day now to see if I want to renew it but I am just saying I am looking for more quotes.

They want €461 for 12 months and I think that is quite dear.
Old May 20th 2008, 6:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

They havent got my bank details because I give them my debit card details each year to renew it. They are phoning me each day now to see if I want to renew it but I am just saying I am looking for more quotes.

They want €461 for 12 months and I think that is quite dear.
I pay €100 less than that for house contents and bricks and morter with Mapfre who are supposed to be expensive
Old May 20th 2008, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I pay €100 less than that for house contents and bricks and morter with Mapfre who are supposed to be expensive
Can you give me a link or contact number please?
Old May 20th 2008, 6:32 pm
Senior Moment

Can you give me a link or contact number please?

Just walk down the main street, you'll probably find about 3 Mapfre offices. There are two in Oliva town centre!

The web sites are in Spanish, but there are English speakers in both the offices here and they are really friendly

http://www.mapfre.com/seguros/es/doc.../info_esp.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.