Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House Demolished

House Demolished

Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Demolished

Originally Posted by Nige
Satellite imagery is now so sophisticated that you don't need a chopper to study details on the ground. Just a desk and access to the latest pass from the satellite. Google Earth has images that are not updated very often. The imagery that planners have is updated weekly.

Ah, but google earth does give a base time and situation photograph from which to monitor change.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:37 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Ah, but google earth does give a base time and situation photograph from which to monitor change.

But its not updated very regularly. Our place is still showing an image from 3 years ago
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
But its not updated very regularly. Our place is still showing an image from 3 years ago
Thats my point.
With that three year old photo a new photo would show any changes.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: House Demolished

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Thats my point.
With that three year old photo a new photo would show any changes.
Hi All,

Can I hijack this thread for a moment.

Costa Esuri has had one update in the time I have been looking at it. When I first looked 3-3.5 yrs ago it was an early photo with very little building showing and no access viaduct. The current one say 1.5-2 yrs old shows the first wave of completed property and a nearly complete access viaduct but the first golf course is just discernable and the second looks like a moonscape.

Can you request an update if later photos are available, who has them, the cadastral website uses the current google photos. From my past life I know that there will be later and better military and civilian satellite photos but where can you view them?

Regards,

John.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:19 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,

Can I hijack this thread for a moment.

Costa Esuri has had one update in the time I have been looking at it. When I first looked 3-3.5 yrs ago it was an early photo with very little building showing and no access viaduct. The current one say 1.5-2 yrs old shows the first wave of completed property and a nearly complete access viaduct but the first golf course is just discernable and the second looks like a moonscape.

Can you request an update if later photos are available, who has them, the cadastral website uses the current google photos. From my past life I know that there will be later and better military and civilian satellite photos but where can you view them?

Regards,

John.
That is difficult to answer really.
I would think the local council would have them as they pay the local police to police over all the local building works.
Then again with the alleged corruption involved in building permission a lot of the investigation has now been handed over to a new Guardia Civil department.
If they are not available at the council offices then you could possibly have a problem getting access to them. ;-)
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

You can obtain a recent photograph of your immediate area from Catastro but you have to pay for it.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: House Demolished

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
You can obtain a recent photograph of your immediate area from Catastro but you have to pay for it.
Hi Beachcomber,

Thanks for that, do the Catastro have more recent info than that kept on the Cadastral website? I take a look at: -

http://www.maps.data-spain.com/cadastral/

from time to time and I think it is a great site with easy access to lots of information but the base photos seem to be google earth and have not changed since I found the site.

I would prefer to find something online if it exists with public access so that I can dip in from time to time to update myself on what is changing.

Would I be able to get the recent Catastro photos from my local Catastro office in Ayamonte when I am over there?

Regards,

John.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

No, the updated photographs which have been taken by the Junta are not available online. You have to apply for them from Catastro and pay a fee.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Mark Paddon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rachelk
It's a horrible situation, but what else can they do to stop illegal building?

Developers will only stop illegal builds if people stop buying them.

People will only stop buying them if they fear they won't get to keep them anyway.

It would be nice to think that they could retrospectively allow permission for those homes already bought and that then illegal development would miraculously stop - but it wouldn't. Developers and buyers would hope for another amnesty in the future.
I agree entirely. Some people have lost out by buying illegal builds but invariably they or their lawyers did not do enough home work. More people are now using surveyors which helps to highlight common issues to would be buyers. Though I recommend clients seek independant legal advice, I am often able to spot 'questionable' situations.

Importantly lawyers should be asked to check that a property complies with the regional 'normas' (planning regulations). Just because a property has a licence from the town hall does not mean that it complies with the normas which specify details such as distance from boundary, living space volume, number of liveable floors etc. A lack on control from the town hall can often result in plans being passed but a larger property being built.

There are plenty of good, legal properties in Spain and demolition of the illegal ones is essential to protect and encourage legal sustainable development . I'ts very sad, but if this were happening in the UK (especially if the owners were immigrants) us Brits would probably be cheering the bulldozers on. Unsustainable development simply cannot be permitted. I do feel that the Govt should compensate (funds have been set aside) as they should have ensured that town hall planners did their job by the book (that's actually the only reason they are employed). Failure to control will obviously allow for corruption will creep in. I honestly don't think that the Spanish are any more corrupt than the Brits, but they are in a culture which is used to families building houses for themselves on land they own and one way or another sorting out the paperwork later (taking the risk onboard personally). This was fine on a small local family scale, but obviously causes problems when they use the same principal to develop on mass and sell on to third parties or build an individual house, when an area already has more than enough.

Most illegal family builds are now carried out so as to save on fees and initial land costs, but these people are damaging the local housing market, reducing the demand for legal houses and hence devaluing local legal houses. Most of them can afford to buy a normal sized house for their needs (e.g. a young couple could buy a 2 or 3 bedroomed house or flat) and many already have a decent house, but fancy an extra one for the weekend, often in an area that they don't even live. Despite no real need, greed drives them to build a 5 bed illegal palace. I personally don't feel too sorry for all the 'poor' youngsters that can't get on the housing ladder or anyone else that has built on rustic land illegally. If you take our local village as an example, half of all the young couples have built, or are in the process of building, large illegal homes with electric garage doors, luxury bathrooms, the works! This development has also unrealistically upped the demand for labour, materials etc and hence costs. It makes a mockery of all those that have invested in a proper legal urbanisation. Most houses have cropped up very recently in a rush before control tightens.

It should now be made clear to all involved that illegal building is over, and should never be supported, for the benefit of the majority of law abiding owners.

Last edited by Mark Paddon; Jan 22nd 2008 at 12:43 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Mark - I have experienced different so called experts in Andalucia ranging from ´legal´to ´building´. All have been difficult to determine whether they are really sound and with whom I could trust. You have letters after your name so presumably you have a professional approach to your business : BSc Hons Building Surveying. MCIOB. However in Spain you cannot rely on anyone unless they come with plenty of personal recommendations. For example, if you employ an Architect to advise you on your nice new house, the average English person would perhaps assume that the architect in Spain would be able to understand and advise you oin local planning regulations etc. In my personal experience, an Architect in Spain is a person who uses CAD and likes drawings. Sometimes or probably very occasionally interpreting your ideas into relaistic buildings. Also in SPain, it does depend on asking the right questions. Don´t ask vague questions but be very very specific. To the point of being boring. You may just be able to get an answer but not invariably. Even with the answer you may always find that the law changes overnight making the answer outdated.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

i am now more confused than ever..we are at present selling ur house in the uk and cming t spain hpefully to rent first befre we buy...but we d have ur eye on a property in aljeraja..sp???a village rustic near to heurcal overa.
my estate agent say the house is legal and their solicitor has checked their escurita..etc..but seeing that house in vera going down..it makes you wonder...

i have read all the posts but i am confused as to who t ask and who t trust for the right info...i hear about solicitors that are nt t be trusted by persnal recc but thers say the same slicitr was a good one.

what do we d
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

'Rent before you buy' sounds sensible.
There are loads of legal and happy home-owners here. This case is just a special one. You can check up on the legalities by yourself without too much difficulty - or see a good lawyer: there are plenty of them.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madcarole
i am now more confused than ever..we are at present selling ur house in the uk and cming t spain hpefully to rent first befre we buy...but we d have ur eye on a property in aljeraja..sp???a village rustic near to heurcal overa.
my estate agent say the house is legal and their solicitor has checked their escurita..etc..but seeing that house in vera going down..it makes you wonder...

i have read all the posts but i am confused as to who t ask and who t trust for the right info...i hear about solicitors that are nt t be trusted by persnal recc but thers say the same slicitr was a good one.

what do we d

Find yourselves a Solicitor that isn't linked to the estate agent would be a very good starting point.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

ne of my concerns is that in the news they say that thwere is a list of houses still t be demlished in the almeria artea...
is this list anywhere that i can see it..
carole
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just foreginers, and not just unknowns it happens to

http://www.informativos.telecinco.es...a/dn_60480.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.