Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

house bulldozed

house bulldozed

Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

wilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nice
Default house bulldozed

Please coud someone give me the utube link for the family that had there house bulldozed in front of there eyes, I think the man had a heart attack watching it happen.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

wilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nice
Default Re: house bulldozed

sorry found the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q89mu1xehhs
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:16 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Originally Posted by wilki
Please coud someone give me the utube link for the family that had there house bulldozed in front of there eyes, I think the man had a heart attack watching it happen.
do he didnt have a heart attack why would you be intrested in some one having a attack? dont understand
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

I put heart attack , because I thought the family when I watched it last thought the man had a heart attack, sorry I got it wrong,
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

It happened in January 2008. Since then, Len and Helen Prior have lived in a garage, with a hose and an electric cable from the neighbours. They've built themselves a dunny and there they are - enjoying their retirement in Spain.
They will, of course, be dead from old age before the courts decide who will have the honour of compensating their children...
And, do you know - there is hardly a Spaniard who knows about this, as the Junta de Andalucía hands out massive 'institutional advertising' to the various media to keep 'em quiet.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:56 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I must say that I know quite a few Spaniards who do know of it and are ashamed of it. They're also ashamed of the many other instances where foreigners have been cheated by Spanish 'entrepreneurs', from developers to bankers to mayors.

If you're ashamed of something, you don't really want to be reminded of it, constantly.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I was sure I had read that they had won their case and were going to be compensated.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

The 'demolition' has been ruled 'unlawful'. It's now under appeal.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

angnfrank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wilki
How sad, regardless to the fact you have found it or apologise for saying you thought he'd had an heart attack, what possible pleasure or reason could you have for wanting to re-watch a poor couple have their home bulldozed? Very strange or morbid not sure which

Each to their own I guess!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:19 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angnfrank
How sad, regardless to the fact you have found it or apologise for saying you thought he'd had an heart attack, what possible pleasure or reason could you have for wanting to re-watch a poor couple have their home bulldozed? Very strange or morbid not sure which

Each to their own I guess!

Well it's a sober reminder as to what happened. The couple were actively seeking publicity to illustrate their plight, so I am guessing that any extra airing on forums they will be quite happy about
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:20 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well it's a sober reminder as to what happened. The couple were actively seeking publicity to illustrate their plight, so I am guessing that any extra airing on forums they will be quite happy about
I hadn't actually seen it before - & you're right - the more publicity for them the better I reckon
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting bit HERE I know it`s sad to have bought with dodgy papers, but this will make a mockery of the past planning laws.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lenox
The 'demolition' has been ruled 'unlawful'. It's now under appeal.
The demolition was not ruled as unlawful by the Constitutional Court in Madrid. What was ruled as unlawful was the fact that the Priors had not been informed in 2003 that planning permission had been rescinded so they therefore had no chance of appeal. When no appeal was lodged, the bulldozing went ahead.
The Constitutional Court decided that the Prior's rights had been ignored and that the case should be reopened.
They now have to go back to court and argue their case that they had all the correct papers to prove their house was legal and prepare a legal defense. The outcome of that will determine whether the actual bulldozing was unlawful or not. Only then, if it is proved to have been illegal, can the Priors apply for compensation.
By their own admission in the recording, the Priors say their lawyer told them 5 years ago there were problems about the legality of the house but they also said they thought it would take years for any action to be taken, so did nothing. Personally I would never believe a lawyer who said that to me!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bottom line. They will be living in their garage until the Lord returns on the back of a White Elephant, and the Heavenly Choirs play something tuneful on their trumpets.
Spain has lost billions* of Euros in foreign investment. All because some small-time politicians wanted to make some attack against their rivals. It has nothing to do with Len and Helen Prior: they are just victims.

*Yes, billions. We have, we are told, 11,000 'illegal houses' in Almería - most of which, for a consideration, can be 'put right'. At the same time, if each family who comes here to live buys a house at 200,000 euros (plus car, washing machine and so on, plus creating a job for a gardner or a painter or a buildrer), then five families equals one million euros.
Five thousand families equals one billion euros. we've already got over two billion euros of 'illegal houses' in this province alone. 3.8 million people watched 'Paradise Lost' (the show about illegal homes in Cantoria). How many of these will be buying in Almería?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:49 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lennox,

There are 15,000 illegal homes in Chiclana alone; 10,600 MAY be legalised if current plans come to fruitition. At an average IBI of 200 euros, 2 million euros is "going missing" to the system.

Yes the Priors were very unlucky and my heart goes out to them; but I believe it is the tip of an iceberg that the EU must come to grips with.

Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.