Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hotmail - Multiple Addresses

Hotmail - Multiple Addresses

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hotmail - Multiple Addresses

Is anyone a computer geek out there? I used to have a second hotmail address linked to my main one. In the last week or so it has disappeared when I try to add it again it says my POP isn´t correct or something like that. Tried googling but nothing is working. Very frustrating.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotmail - Multiple Addresses

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Is anyone a computer geek out there? I used to have a second hotmail address linked to my main one. In the last week or so it has disappeared when I try to add it again it says my POP isn´t correct or something like that. Tried googling but nothing is working. Very frustrating.
Can't help, but if you don't get answered here, try The Lab. All geeks there! (nice, helpful ones....)
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:15 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not quite sure what you mean, at least, I didn't know that you could 'link' multiple hotmail addresses.

I have multiple hotmail addresses (but under the live banner - @live.com, @live.co.uk etc). I then use MicroSoft Outlook as my mail client and have all my emails arrive in the one email inbox.

The only downside to this approach is that when I am away from my PC (internet cafe or the likes), I have to browse my email boxes separately.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I'm not quite sure what you mean, at least, I didn't know that you could 'link' multiple hotmail addresses.

I have multiple hotmail addresses (but under the live banner - @live.com, @live.co.uk etc). I then use MicroSoft Outlook as my mail client and have all my emails arrive in the one email inbox.

The only downside to this approach is that when I am away from my PC (internet cafe or the likes), I have to browse my email boxes separately.
This is the same except it is hotmail.com rather than live.com. I also tried a system restore and now I have lost Firefox!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

This is the same except it is hotmail.com rather than live.com. I also tried a system restore and now I have lost Firefox!
Any possibility of a virus?
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Got Firefox back by re-downloading. But lost my hotmail shortcut on the tool bar - any idea how to restore?
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

madinmex31 is an unknown quantity at this point

With gmail you can link multiple addresses to a final address (I have many) the big problem with this is that spam messages are not sent through and occasionally you have to go back and check the spam from the different addresses there are some times that gmail classifies genuine mail as spam.

Hotmail is (IMO) terrible for spam.

You may already have an answer from the lab but I can verify that since Firefox 6 was installed I have had nothing but problems and now use Chrome. Not sure what browser you have. Hope you find an answer.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by madinmex31
With gmail you can link multiple addresses to a final address (I have many) the big problem with this is that spam messages are not sent through and occasionally you have to go back and check the spam from the different addresses there are some times that gmail classifies genuine mail as spam.

Hotmail is (IMO) terrible for spam.

You may already have an answer from the lab but I can verify that since Firefox 6 was installed I have had nothing but problems and now use Chrome. Not sure what browser you have. Hope you find an answer.
What is the web address for the "lab" couldn´t find anything.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

madinmex31 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99

If you scroll down (on the forum page) past the different country boards you will come to the various topics, one is the lab
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Go back to BE main page, it's down the bottom after Lounge, Take it outside, etc. (ie it's part of BE)
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:56 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Click on Discussion Forum (top of page) and browse to the Lab
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

OH reckons that if you have hotmail addresses and dont use 1 or more of them for a while then they are deleted.

Probably to keep unused accounts to a minimum.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

My gmail account is supposed to forward my mail from several places ...it did for a while then stopped. I have more spam on my yahoo than hotmail. Hotmail has not deleted an old address I have even though it was not used for nigh on a year. I logged into it, clicked re activate and went straight in. I am sure after 30 days no use they de activate it. They may have changed now it was some years ago.

I am finding hotmail has many blips just now as does yahoo.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:42 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
My gmail account is supposed to forward my mail from several places ...it did for a while then stopped.
It's a great system when it works but it does depend on the orther ISP allowing you to do it and that permission might change and you then no longer get the mail forwarded.

I use Gmail a lot and have multiple accounts. The best thing about Gmail is their Spam filters which are 99.9% efficient.

If you want to ensure that the filter doesn't zap your real contacts just make sure that all your contacts are in Gmail - particularly important if you use Gmail through a POP server to Outlook/Outlook Express/Windows Mail rather than using it online.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:46 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I have 4 hotmail accounts - all linked

one of them I have only used once since I set it up in april

I just checked - thay are all working & still all linked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.