Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hotel Music too loud?? Not anymore.!!

Hotel Music too loud?? Not anymore.!!

Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Hotel Music too loud?? Not anymore.!!

I work in a Hotel running Entertainment in Benidorm. In the summer we currently work outside and all music is controlled by a limiter which is put in place by the police. In the last 2 months the Police have been called out 3 times by the same person who lives in an apartment nearby and each time the police have adjusted the limiter to make the sound lower. The last time they came (2weeks ago) they said I could play music but could not use the microphone. Ridiculous!!!!!. The hotel is all inclusive and people expect you to put on bingo,karaoke,singers etc. After 3 days of not using the microphone I was getting complaints from the guests so I decided to use it but very low. Within a week the police came again due to that ONE person that keeps complaining and now they have adjusted the limiter so low that a portable radio is louder.(and that is no exaggeration)
I found out that the guy who keeps complaining works for the Ajuntamiento and I think the whole situation is disgusting. I would understand it fully if the whole nearby residential block was complaining but it is just one man that has put in a denuncia. The police have sided with this man and not given the hotel any leeway in the matter and 300 guests each week are now suffering really poor 'unatmospheric' entertainment and extremely low music. It is now impossible to put on any evening games or karaoke in the summer times simply because now people who are more than 10 meters away from the music system cannot hear. From the next summer we have to resort to just music as it is now impossible to do anything else.!!

Would this type of thing happen in the uk (ie listen to one person complaining)? I think its wrong!!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel Music too loud?? Not anymore.!!

Originally Posted by spainboy
I work in a Hotel running Entertainment in Benidorm. In the summer we currently work outside and all music is controlled by a limiter which is put in place by the police. In the last 2 months the Police have been called out 3 times by the same person who lives in an apartment nearby and each time the police have adjusted the limiter to make the sound lower. The last time they came (2weeks ago) they said I could play music but could not use the microphone. Ridiculous!!!!!. The hotel is all inclusive and people expect you to put on bingo,karaoke,singers etc. After 3 days of not using the microphone I was getting complaints from the guests so I decided to use it but very low. Within a week the police came again due to that ONE person that keeps complaining and now they have adjusted the limiter so low that a portable radio is louder.(and that is no exaggeration)
I found out that the guy who keeps complaining works for the Ajuntamiento and I think the whole situation is disgusting. I would understand it fully if the whole nearby residential block was complaining but it is just one man that has put in a denuncia. The police have sided with this man and not given the hotel any leeway in the matter and 300 guests each week are now suffering really poor 'unatmospheric' entertainment and extremely low music. It is now impossible to put on any evening games or karaoke in the summer times simply because now people who are more than 10 meters away from the music system cannot hear. From the next summer we have to resort to just music as it is now impossible to do anything else.!!

Would this type of thing happen in the uk (ie listen to one person complaining)? I think its wrong!!
Yes it would.

Alton Towers were threatened a few years ago by a couple who live nearby and made strenuous complaints about the noise coming from the theme park. They have been dogged for years by complaints and court actions (admittedly many failed).

Now this year they had to change part of the Nemesis ride as lots of complaints had been received
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:17 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

My husband plays in a band in the UK and they're only allowed to play in places that have been granted a special licence by the council and if the council get complaints then the licence can be revoked. There is one place where the doors and windows have to be closed while bands play and of course, very few venues in the UK would want to play outside, even if it were allowed which it isnt!!!??

Jo xxx
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:22 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Croft motor racing circuit lost their appeal, following complaints from one family, who I understand bought a property 4 years ago some 300 metres away. See here > http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new..._noise_appeal/

Who would buy a property near a race track, then complain about the noise?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:26 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

And who would buy a property close to a Benidorm hotel
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:31 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
And who would buy a property close to a Benidorm hotel

A guy who works for the ayuntamiento who has some "power"!!!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to the man that complained

Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

I wish I could put a limiter on the soppy howling tart that lives next door, and the motos.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:09 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Yep! I had a pub in the UK. It was already a live music pub when I bought it and continued to be so. A guy bought the house next door precisely BECAUSE it was next door to his local and he even used to DJ in it one night a week. He began to complain about the noise levels, I had to install a noise limiter, keep the doors and windows closed during performances. He tried to get our live music licence revoked before a council hearing and failed but continued to complain so that in the end I gave up with amplified music and we had to become an acoustic venue. That is how one single whinger was behind the loss of one more (amplified) live music venue.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:34 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Yep! I had a pub in the UK. It was already a live music pub when I bought it and continued to be so. A guy bought the house next door precisely BECAUSE it was next door to his local and he even used to DJ in it one night a week. He began to complain about the noise levels, I had to install a noise limiter, keep the doors and windows closed during performances. He tried to get our live music licence revoked before a council hearing and failed but continued to complain so that in the end I gave up with amplified music and we had to become an acoustic venue. That is how one single whinger was behind the loss of one more (amplified) live music venue.
What a miserable git - I hope you sacked him as the DJ
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We live up in the mountains a bit and they built a Holiday hotel complex on the seafront road and the first year you could here the twat on the mic as if it was next door, been fine since the police intervened.

There also used to be a booze and dance cruise boat used to go along the coast about 23.00 till 03.00. I think someone torpedoed it.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:06 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
We live up in the mountains a bit and they built a Holiday hotel complex on the seafront road and the first year you could here the twat on the mic as if it was next door, been fine since the police intervened.

There also used to be a booze and dance cruise boat used to go along the coast about 23.00 till 03.00. I think someone torpedoed it.

Oh god you is such a miserable git aintcha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - love ya loads jdr - dont ever change will ya
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Oh god you is such a miserable git aintcha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - love ya loads jdr - dont ever change will ya
No I ain`t, if i want to play bloody bingo i can go in a Brit bar an suffer it, I don`t want the twat shouting out numbers and asking everyone if they are enjoying their holiday from 4 klms away.

I love the right sort of noise.

He ain`t dead either.

Last edited by jdr; Sep 10th 2009 at 7:15 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:24 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Spain and noise are like Hansel and Gretel, they go hand in hand. My nearest pub is half-a-mile away, and I can hear the awful karaoke on most clear nights.

Having said that, I used to run a disco in a busy town and disturb most of the inhabitants four nights a week.

We get more intolerant as we get older, that’s all there is to it.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:21 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=HBG;7920973 My nearest pub is half-a-mile away, and I can hear the awful karaoke on most clear nights.
.[/QUOTE]

Them perishin Japs certainly have a lot to answer for.
Destroyed real music as we used to know it with them thar karioki machines.
Bring back the old honky tonk piani in the corner of the pub lounge, I say.....Real singers with good voices back then......and never bothered anyone......apart from a little sing-song on the way home....."Nelly Deeeean"....

Let them stick their fancy, noisy eelectronic gadgetry back from whence it cometh!.........no necessito!........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.