British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   hotel in Ibiza (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/hotel-ibiza-482647/)

spain Sep 21st 2007 12:14 pm

hotel in Ibiza

can anyone recommend a family hotel in Ibiza - for a weekend getaway ? planning on jumping on the ferry next weekend and getting away for a couple of days

silverchick Sep 21st 2007 1:14 pm

Re: hotel in Ibiza

Montemar Apartments in Cala Llonga
I stayed here a few years ago and found it very nice, walking distance to the beach, lovely pool, really nice.Cala Llonga is a lovely little spot, gorgeous bay with lovely family restaurants, very reasonable prices.
AM SO JEALOUS! Think you should take me, tis my birthday after all!!:rofl::rofl:

spain Sep 21st 2007 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by silverchick (Post 5337944)
Montemar Apartments in Cala Llonga
I stayed here a few years ago and found it very nice, walking distance to the beach, lovely pool, really nice.Cala Llonga is a lovely little spot, gorgeous bay with lovely family restaurants, very reasonable prices.
AM SO JEALOUS! Think you should take me, tis my birthday after all!!:rofl::rofl:

youre more than welcome to come - mind you at this rate we wont be going anywhere, price I found for the ferry Denia-Ibiza is 500€, cant be right :eek: so just on the phone to them now

spain Sep 21st 2007 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by spain (Post 5338113)
youre more than welcome to come - mind you at this rate we wont be going anywhere, price I found for the ferry Denia-Ibiza is 500€, cant be right :eek: so just on the phone to them now

well thats the right price, seems a bit steep to me - phoned them up and the cheapest price I got was 427€ on the normal 4 hour crossing, thats with a car, without a car its 258€

going to England in a few weeks, paid 220€ for the 3 of us return with easyjet :blink:

MnM Sep 21st 2007 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by spain (Post 5338156)
well thats the right price, seems a bit steep to me - phoned them up and the cheapest price I got was 427€ on the normal 4 hour crossing, thats with a car, without a car its 258€

going to England in a few weeks, paid 220€ for the 3 of us return with easyjet :blink:

You'll probably find it's cheaper to fly to Ibiza from the UK (on a late deal) rather than taking the ferry from Denia...:rofl:

Fuzzlepop Sep 21st 2007 6:57 pm

Denia to Ibiza without a car is normally 22euro per person.

spain Sep 21st 2007 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by MnM (Post 5338496)
You'll probably find it's cheaper to fly to Ibiza from the UK (on a late deal) rather than taking the ferry from Denia...:rofl:

youre not wrong there :ohmy:

spain Sep 21st 2007 7:57 pm

have scrapped the Ibiza idea, now going to drive to Barcelona instead - so looking forward to that :thumbsup:

silverchick Sep 22nd 2007 8:16 am

Originally Posted by spain (Post 5339225)
have scrapped the Ibiza idea, now going to drive to Barcelona instead - so looking forward to that :thumbsup:

much more cultural!!:D Have a wonderful time!!

hellokittty Sep 22nd 2007 8:29 am

You could always do both :D Click Air do flights from barcelona to ibiza for just 20 euros...!

Although having said that, it is raining here today...:ohmy:

adeibiza Sep 22nd 2007 8:44 am

just woke up to it pishing it down - its stopped now though ;)

the suns now come out and in half an hour everyone will wonder what the fuss was all about....

hellokittty Sep 22nd 2007 8:49 am

I actually felt COLD for the first time yesterday since moving here :rofl:!! Hope the sun comes out later!

spain Sep 22nd 2007 9:15 am

Originally Posted by hellokittty (Post 5340572)
I actually felt COLD for the first time yesterday

yeah I said that and actually put a jmper on last night

only going for a couple of days away to wont be doing Barcelona-Ibiza this time. Do want to go though so perhaps we will arrange somehting for next year

spain Sep 22nd 2007 9:19 am

Originally Posted by silverchick (Post 5340524)
much more cultural!!:D Have a wonderful time!!

do you mean clubbing in Ibiza for 3 solid days isnt cultural :rofl:

really looking forward to it and also looked up yesterday and they do tours of Barcelona FC :blink: should keep the little fella happy anyway

hope you had a fab burthday :thumbsup: !!!!

silverchick Sep 22nd 2007 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by spain (Post 5340617)
yeah I said that and actually put a jmper on last night

only going for a couple of days away to wont be doing Barcelona-Ibiza this time. Do want to go though so perhaps we will arrange somehting for next year

count me in!!:D

spain Sep 22nd 2007 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by silverchick (Post 5342775)
count me in!!:D

:thumbsup: