Reload this Page >

Hot Water Heaters

Hot Water Heaters

Old May 16th 2021, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Daniel.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hot Water Heaters

Hi,
I was looking for some Advice regarding a Hot Water Heater for off grid, do these need to be fed with much water pressure if so would i need a pump,

Many Thanks
Daniel
Old May 17th 2021, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot Water Heaters

According to leroy merlinĀ“s website, the minimum pressure for a butane water heater is 0.1 bar.

https://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/819770...l#fichaTecnica
Old May 17th 2021, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

0.1 bar may well be sufficient to trigger the boiler but it isn't going to be any use as far as getting a shower? I was advised by a plumber when I put my water onto mains pressure to reduce it to around 2.5 - 3 bar in order to obtain sufficient pressure for a decent shower. That's exactly what I did and it's been fine for last 12 years. The pressure from the original deposito system was rubbish it was a dribble really rather than a shower.
Old May 17th 2021, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daniel.C
Hi,
I was looking for some Advice regarding a Hot Water Heater for off grid, do these need to be fed with much water pressure if so would i need a pump,

Many Thanks
Daniel
If you are 'off grid' then why not use a solar water heater, you can back this up with a low voltage pump system to produce the pressure needed for showers.

The 'solar' well its a series of tubes that the sun warms and the water passes into larger tank. I dont know why these are not as popular here, they should really be fitted on all new builds to be honest, as the whole of the Caribbean seems to have them.
You dont need pressure for a heater, you will for the usage. Hot water boilers (gas) use a small pump as its a closed system if running to a tank ( the water in the boiler runs through a pipe and heats by transfer in the tank).
If you stick the tank 6m up there should be enough 'head' for most usages.

https://maximumoffgrid.com/off-grid-...-water-heater/

A video and a good guide.
Old May 19th 2021, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the UK my central heating/hot water is gas or from a woodburner, With solar and a woodburner your only running a pump and controller which is not heavy on watts.