Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hospitals in Spain

Hospitals in Spain

Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hospitals in Spain

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
one important note you won't be eligle for private healthcare so that means the public one and you are very unlikey to find English speaking doctors which means you need to have a reasonable level of Spainish.
I speak spanish whereas hubby doesn't. Hubby was fine when I wasn't there....there was always someone on duty who spoke english. When we were going to have a 'conference' with the surgeon, I booked an interpreter, just in case my spanish wasn't up to the medical jargon.........I needn't have bothered........the surgeon spoke very good english!

This was not at a private hospital, but 'NHS'.

I know someone about to have a baby.......she has booked a private hospital thinking they will have english speaking staff/midwives. They have told her that they cannot guarantee to have eglish speaking staff available...........the unpredictable nature of childbirth timing I suppose. She speaks virtually no spanish...........could be interesting.........

Last edited by lynnxa; Apr 16th 2007 at 1:07 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hospitals in Spain

A freind of ours went into Torrevieja hospital for a major op. she speaks very little Spanish, neither does her husband, but there were so many peoiple working there who did speak english that she had no problems, all her Drs and surgeons spoke very good English.