Hosepipe ban

Old Sep 7th 2016, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hosepipe ban

I'm not sure if I'm the victim of a wind up or whether it's true.

I have been washing my car (occasionally ) in the car park (private/communal ie not public) using an expanding hose. I am on metered water and so I pay for the water used. I have been told that I could be denounced as it is illegal to use a hosepipe outside your own premises. Is this true?
Old Sep 7th 2016, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

RandCatcalpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hosepipe ban

Not sure where you are but I was reading the back of my water bill and it stated that the use of hosepipes was banned even within your property boundaries for garden watering and car washing etc. I'm in Benissa but it may be different where you are. Read the back of your water bill.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 8:34 am
Just Joined

brie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, there might be a restriction for using water for even garden watering...
You should ask the town hall / water company, or just listen to the locals
Old Sep 8th 2016, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have heard this not sure if urban myth or fact but car wash places are very popular and they recycle the water. Suggest check with your water company or inquire in your town hall.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be an idea to recycle your grey water to wash the car.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I'm not sure if I'm the victim of a wind up or whether it's true.

I have been washing my car (occasionally ) in the car park (private/communal ie not public) using an expanding hose. I am on metered water and so I pay for the water used. I have been told that I could be denounced as it is illegal to use a hosepipe outside your own premises. Is this true?
Whoever told you maybe mixing with the prohibition on washing your car in the street. This is a local, municipal issue not national law. Based on environmental protection grounds it is not permitted to wash your car in the street in case you wash chemicals from the shampoo into the public drains or dirty the street .
Alternatively not sure where you live but a few years ago the Catalan government prohibited the washing of cars even on private property with a hosepipe due to water shortages.
Old Sep 10th 2016, 8:00 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Not here. Never heard of such a thing.

However, in Germany it's illegal to wash a car yourself on the street (soap and chemicals draining into the environment). You can only wash your car in a licenced car wash with proper drainage and water recycling.
Old Sep 10th 2016, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

RandCatcalpe is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose at the end of the day what we should all consider is irrespective of the law,
Should we really be using water for things that could be deemed as not absolutely necessary? Whether it be garden,car or washing down your terrace we all need to be very careful. I like a clean car but fresh water is a precious commodity.
Old Sep 10th 2016, 8:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Not here. Never heard of such a thing.

However, in Germany it's illegal to wash a car yourself on the street (soap and chemicals draining into the environment). You can only wash your car in a licenced car wash with proper drainage and water recycling.
Same in my area.

Rosemary
Old Sep 10th 2016, 10:04 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The Spanish only have themselves to blame. They seem to have no idea how to distribute the huge supplies of water that do actually exist in the country.

Down here in the south of Granada, they built a huge dam a few years ago at huge cost (one of the largest ever built in Spain - Google Rules Dam if you are interested) to trap the water coming from the snow on the Sierra Nevada. After only a year of operation there was a huge lake created holding billions of gallons of water. What happens to it? It gets let out slowly when the lake fills and flows out into the sea.

They did not bother to install any system to distribute the water to the local region which produces huge amounts of produce for distribution across Spain and Europe.

The local wells and other reservoirs are now in a critical state and farmers are going out of business. The local authorities have declared a state of emergency and nothing is being done. The lake is so big that about 3km of motorway actually crosses it. It will cost billions to install the distribution system, if they ever actually get round to it!

You really couldn't make it up it you tried. What a bunch of complete idiots! It's about the same as the UK building HS2 and not bothering to order any trains to run on it.

Last edited by Fred James; Sep 10th 2016 at 10:10 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
The Spanish only have themselves to blame. They seem to have no idea how to distribute the huge supplies of water that do actually exist in the country.

Down here in the south of Granada, they built a huge dam a few years ago at huge cost (one of the largest ever built in Spain - Google Rules Dam if you are interested) to trap the water coming from the snow on the Sierra Nevada. After only a year of operation there was a huge lake created holding billions of gallons of water. What happens to it? It gets let out slowly when the lake fills and flows out into the sea.

They did not bother to install any system to distribute the water to the local region which produces huge amounts of produce for distribution across Spain and Europe.

The local wells and other reservoirs are now in a critical state and farmers are going out of business. The local authorities have declared a state of emergency and nothing is being done. The lake is so big that about 3km of motorway actually crosses it. It will cost billions to install the distribution system, if they ever actually get round to it!

You really couldn't make it up it you tried. What a bunch of complete idiots! It's about the same as the UK building HS2 and not bothering to order any trains to run on it.
Oops! Memo to self - remember to order some rolling stock. Simon Kirby (CEO HS2)
Old Sep 11th 2016, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's about the same as the UK building HS2 and not bothering to order any trains to run on it.

Or aircraft carriers with no planes (who would do that?)
Old Sep 11th 2016, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

....or water desalination plants with no electric supply? Or airports that have no planes?
Old Sep 11th 2016, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Bo S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Oops! Memo to self - remember to order some rolling stock. Simon Kirby (CEO HS2)
He's gone.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I have read Rules Dam feeds into the domestic water supply for Motril and Salobrena also it is used for agricultural needs in the area. It was also designed to reduce down stream flood damage and of course emergency water for fire fighting like most dams.I think there has been or is a regional dispute re transferring water from it to malaga region.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.