Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Horses with their front feet tied together!

Horses with their front feet tied together!

Old May 5th 2008, 12:13 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Horses with their front feet tied together!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have hobbled loads of horses before, and twitched them. Sometimes its the only way to do anything with them.
What is twitching them?

And why did you tie their feet together?
Old May 5th 2008, 12:15 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
What is twitching them?

And why did you tie their feet together?
So the feckers don't kick you.

Twitching is putting a noose around the end of their noses and twisting it until its tight. The initial pain releases a massive dose of endorphins and masks the pain they are about to receive.
Old May 5th 2008, 12:16 am

So the feckers don't kick you.

Twitching is putting a noose around the end of their noses and twisting it until its tight. The initial pain releases a massive dose of endorphins and masks the pain they are about to receive.
OMG..........I wished I had never asked!
Old May 5th 2008, 12:18 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

OMG..........I wished I had never asked!
how else do you do some of the things you have to do with an animal of that power and size?

I have seen a horse kill someone at our vets practice, when they blow they take no prisoners.
Old May 5th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

how else do you do some of the things you have to do with an animal of that power and size?

I have seen a horse kill someone at our vets practice, when they blow they take no prisoners.
I got called all sorts of names and all I suggested was bull fighting is cruel and that Pete has some dodgy mates.
Old May 5th 2008, 12:19 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

......, when they blow they take no prisoners.
Too many beans ?
Old May 5th 2008, 12:21 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I got called all sorts of names and all I suggested was bull fighting is cruel and that Pete has some dodgy mates.
Is bull fighting cruel?
Old May 5th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Is bull fighting cruel?
I wouldn't like to be the bull in that instance, but these things are all relative to custom and values I suppose - who am I to comment?
Old May 5th 2008, 12:24 am

Is bull fighting cruel?
In my view, yes it is cruel!
Old May 5th 2008, 12:27 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I wouldn't like to be the bull in that instance, but these things are all relative to custom and values I suppose - who am I to comment?
Yet no one cares that over a billion battery hens live 5 to a box just to provide cheap eggs.

Some would say that all that happens with the bulls is that the meat is being tenderised before its eaten.
Old May 5th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Is bullfighting not also cruel to the horses in the arena? do the horses not risk a goring from the bull? Maybe the bull should have little padded cosies on its horns ??

Like on our chucky eggs at breakfast time?
Old May 5th 2008, 12:31 am

Yet no one cares that over a billion battery hens live 5 to a box just to provide cheap eggs.

Some would say that all that happens with the bulls is that the meat is being tenderised before its eaten.
Originally Posted by DebsyW
Is bullfighting not also cruel to the horses in the arena? do the horses not risk a goring from the bull? Maybe the bull should have little padded cosies on its horns ??

Like on our chucky eggs at breakfast time?
But I cannot physically do anything to help these poor animals!!

I started this thread about the horses that arent too far away from me that I have to see jumping around rough terrain because some cruel bastard has tied their front legs together.........and if I can help them I will!!
Old May 5th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

I started this thread about the horses that arent too far away from me that I have to see jumping around rough terrain because some cruel bastard has tied their front legs together.........and if I can help them I will!!
But the farmer comes along and unties them and lets them have a gallop around....
Old May 5th 2008, 12:34 am
Straw Man.

and so you should, I will say that I have never once twitched or hobbled a horse then walked away, and neither should you.

What ever you do with animals needs to be done with responsibility, they are too stupid to understand what is going on so you have to be the one to think!

Good on you SD.
Old May 5th 2008, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by DebsyW
But the farmer comes along and unties them and lets them have a gallop around....
For five minutes ever so often!

They shouldnt be tied up in the first place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.