Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Horses with their front feet tied together!

Horses with their front feet tied together!

Old May 4th 2008, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

bertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nice
Default Re: Horses with their front feet tied together!

Originally Posted by leighbloke
No it wasn't, it was that it is unlikely that in Spain (a country where killing bulls is a national sport) it is a bit of a stretch to assume the bobbies would give a stuff about some horses with their legs tied together, if it is a legal practice. - And that in your neck of the woods (based it seems on me believing what you post) the locals aren't averse to a bit of cruelty to humans?

Oh, and unless you haven't realised I don't care at all about animal cruelty - I feel no remorse about this - nor do I understand people that do - Animals are sources of food and other peoples pets to me.
I would just like add my comment to your post.

I DO care about animal cruelty, but I would make an exception in your case, as I would love to see and even be prepared to pay to see somebody like you being put in a bullring. I feel no remorse about this either.

Yours sincerely,
Albert.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:09 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bertibassett

I DO care about animal cruelty, but I would make an exception in your case, as I would love to see and even be prepared to pay to see somebody like you being put in a bullring. I feel no remorse about this either.

Yours sincerely,
Albert.
You tell him, I personally think he is a cock!
Old May 4th 2008, 12:15 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You tell him, I personally think he is a cock!
Good to see you back on Matt! Leighberk's been running round the board making a right twat of himself!
Pity you were never made a Mod.....it wouldn't have happened on your watch!
Old May 4th 2008, 12:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
Good to see you back on Matt! Leighberk's been running round the board making a right twat of himself!
Pity you were never made a Mod.....it wouldn't have happened on your watch!
That's exactly what I thought mate, and the amount of begging e-mails and text messages I have received from the harassed ladies on BE made me realise I just had to return.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:00 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got this reply from the horse rescue charity I emailed.

Thanks for your message. I know it is cruel, but unfortunately the animal protection law of 2003 is not against "hobbling", which means, yes front legs can be tied, or horse can be tied by headcollar and long enough rope to prevent wandering off.Of course is horrible and would be better if they were properly fenced in and free inside.What you can look for is: are they getting onto a main road like this? then pretend you (nearly) hit them and call the seprona (environmental police) or municipal police. They are obliged to move then, so make sure they do. They have then to check the micro-chip of the horse, find the owner and give him a (large) fine for being on the road.Second possibility is if the tying of the legs causes severe wounds on the legs or colics. Then call a vet (this will cost you anywhere between 30 and 60 euro), to make an inform that these horses need medical care. Vets are by law obliged to act when a horse needs medical treatment, if they don't then you can report the vet himself. With this report you go to the police and they are then obliged to act.Sorry that I don't have better and easier news for you, but we do a large amount of cases ourselves a year and we are a small private organisation, without government help. Only perseverance works (and money obviously).Hope the above gives you something to work with. Don't let the police discourage you, if the horses approach a road, they have to act.Kind regards and good luck!
Old May 4th 2008, 2:41 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Just got this reply from the horse rescue charity I emailed.

Thanks for your message. I know it is cruel, but unfortunately the animal protection law of 2003 is not against "hobbling", which means, yes front legs can be tied, or horse can be tied by headcollar and long enough rope to prevent wandering off.Of course is horrible and would be better if they were properly fenced in and free inside.What you can look for is: are they getting onto a main road like this? then pretend you (nearly) hit them and call the seprona (environmental police) or municipal police. They are obliged to move then, so make sure they do. They have then to check the micro-chip of the horse, find the owner and give him a (large) fine for being on the road.Second possibility is if the tying of the legs causes severe wounds on the legs or colics. Then call a vet (this will cost you anywhere between 30 and 60 euro), to make an inform that these horses need medical care. Vets are by law obliged to act when a horse needs medical treatment, if they don't then you can report the vet himself. With this report you go to the police and they are then obliged to act.Sorry that I don't have better and easier news for you, but we do a large amount of cases ourselves a year and we are a small private organisation, without government help. Only perseverance works (and money obviously).Hope the above gives you something to work with. Don't let the police discourage you, if the horses approach a road, they have to act.Kind regards and good luck!

Oh my god - i am so appalled by that SD - its bloody cruel and thats the end of it - well just hope the owners get knob or ninny rot and it rots away very slowly and painfully
Old May 4th 2008, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bertibassett

Yours sincerely,
Albert.
Now you see, that is interesting. Though I am ambivalent to animal cruelty I would never imagine of doing it myself or paying someone to it for me - not only are you a bit of an hypocrite but also a coward.
Old May 4th 2008, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Oh my god - i am so appalled by that SD - its bloody cruel and thats the end of it - well just hope the owners get knob or ninny rot and it rots away very slowly and painfully
Its just bloody shit...........end of!! :curse:
Old May 4th 2008, 4:44 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Now you see, that is interesting. Though I am ambivalent to animal cruelty I would never imagine of doing it myself or paying someone to it for me - not only are you a bit of an hypocrite but also a coward.
Ahhh, the master speaks. Empathy on and off at the flick of a switch.
Old May 4th 2008, 5:04 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you are wrong this thread is about SD wanting to know if the act of tieing horse legs together was illegal in Spain, and if so where she should report it.

The fact she found it distressing is secondary to this issue.
Actually, I had posted relevant information before about that. I was talking about the thread disintegrating. Don't start having a go at me, you've got lots of others to choose from.

JJ
Old May 4th 2008, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by jjh
Actually, I had posted relevant information before about that. I was talking about the thread disintegrating. Don't start having a go at me, you've got lots of others to choose from.

JJ
Yeah but.........if he is having a go at you then he leaving us poor souls alone
Old May 4th 2008, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Ahhh, the master speaks. Empathy on and off at the flick of a switch.
Where was I empathic? I wouldn't hurt an animal nor a human and I'm certain I've never said I would - ever.

I just don't care about animals.
Old May 4th 2008, 5:53 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care at all about animal cruelty - I feel no remorse about this - nor do I understand people that do
Trust me, the only time you come close is a touch of faux empathy to try and score a point.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

bertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nicebertibassett is just really nice

Leighbloke,

Believe me, I am far far from being a coward, I have never run from a fight in my life, I am too honorable for that, but unfortunately for me YOU will never find that out.

My comment about not agreeing with animal cruelty also extends to people.

BUT, I believe there are times when an example has to be made of people who SIT BACK, SEE NO HARM and ALLOW cruelty to helpless creatures who have no voice of their own.

I will always defend the weak and helpless. ( IS THAT THE ACTION OF A COWARD ??? )

You may not like animals, but its only a STRANGE AND COWARDLY person who could sit back and do nothing when they see an act of cruelty.

I am also old fashioned and as for ME being a COWARD, I would certainly throw down my gauntlet to you.

Again, Yours Sincerely,

Albert.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

I can`t wait for us all to meet up......
Oh what fun it will be............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.