Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Horses with their front feet tied together!

Horses with their front feet tied together!

Old May 3rd 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horses with their front feet tied together!

Originally Posted by XTreme
...............................Your original premise was that people were being cruel to animals here. Yet you failed to produce the evidence to substantiate that.
And in reality I'd have to say there's probably less of it here than many other places in Spain.
Possibly Nico (if pushed) would be cruel to a Butler. And the old guy (when provoked) certainly wouldn't think twice about being cruel to a dumbass Brit with a pitchfork.
But my concern is not for Butlers or dumbass Brits.....my concern is for the animals!
However.....if when I drive down to Dylan's place tonight and see the sides of the road piled with the corpses of Butlers and Brits looking like a scene from Mad Max...........I'll let you know immediately!
No it wasn't, it was that it is unlikely that in Spain (a country where killing bulls is a national sport) it is a bit of a stretch to assume the bobbies would give a stuff about some horses with their legs tied together, if it is a legal practice. - And that in your neck of the woods (based it seems on me believing what you post) the locals aren't averse to a bit of cruelty to humans?

Oh, and unless you haven't realised I don't care at all about animal cruelty - I feel no remorse about this - nor do I understand people that do - Animals are sources of food and other peoples pets to me.

Last edited by leighbloke; May 3rd 2008 at 4:01 pm.
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:05 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Oh, and unless you haven't realised I don't care at all about animal cruelty - I feel no remorse about this - nor do I understand people that do
Well you're saying more about yourself than I ever could.
And if you're not concerned about animal cruelty then why even bother to post in the thread at all?
It's not a matter to be taken lightly.....and it may interest you to know that staistics have revealed that children who are cruel to animals invariably grow into the type of adults who are prepared to use domestic violence on their partners and their children.
Animal cruelty in it's basic form is an abhorrent practice, but the ramifications of it spread throughout society into other areas of human life.
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:20 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

It's a worrying fact that those who exhibit cruelty to animals very easily make the jump to people.

People who lack empathy are a little worrying.
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
Well you're saying more about yourself than I ever could.
And if you're not concerned about animal cruelty then why even bother to post in the thread at all?
It's not a matter to be taken lightly.....and it may interest you to know that staistics have revealed that children who are cruel to animals invariably grow into the type of adults who are prepared to use domestic violence on their partners and their children.
Animal cruelty in it's basic form is an abhorrent practice, but the ramifications of it spread throughout society into other areas of human life.
It should be the case that I can say more about myself than somebody else can - Shouldn't it? But this is part of what I don't get about Animal lovers - why do they fail to see there is nothing wrong with those of us who aren't?

The reason I posted, originally was to clarify what the OP meant by tied together. Then to confirm if it was legal or otherwise. Then to point out to you that if it was legal, the bobbies probably wouldn't actually care if the OP notified them.

Another statistic is that all people convicted of cruelty to their pet were actually pet owners. That statistic is pretty crap and more or less meaningless aswell.
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
It's a worrying fact that those who exhibit cruelty to animals very easily make the jump to people.

People who lack empathy are a little worrying.
So have I got this all wrong?
Pete and his fellow animal lovers are so bothered not because the animals get a bit of stick, but because the guy that doesn't want his horse to run off might molest a pregant mother one day?
Give me a ****ing break!
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:33 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

and the connection is???
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:38 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

So have I got this all wrong?
Probably!

Though I'm sure the more cynical amongst us may be of the opinion that you picked the wrong time and place for your attention seeking drivel!

Oh....and I'm sure my Animal Ladies will be along soon....and no doubt they'll be bringing an asskicking with them!

But you keep going LB......the hole keeps getting bigger with every post!
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:40 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, and I'll probably get shot down for this, but haven't we lost the plot here.? This thread is about SD being very concerned about the horses. Can we not try and post helpful comments rather than baiting and bickering between ourselves?

JJ
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jjh
Sorry, and I'll probably get shot down for this, but haven't we lost the plot here.? This thread is about SD being very concerned about the horses. Can we not try and post helpful comments rather than baiting and bickering between ourselves?

JJ
Actually you are wrong this thread is about SD wanting to know if the act of tieing horse legs together was illegal in Spain, and if so where she should report it.

The fact she found it distressing is secondary to this issue.
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:00 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a ****ing break!
What would you like Nico to break for you?
Old May 3rd 2008, 6:32 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I have just emailed these people to ask them if it is legal or not, and if illegal what steps can I take to free these horses as quick as possible.
Great, let me know how you get on!

This might help too : http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/cruel...p?es_state=ALL

A website listing examples of animal abuse by country (url is for Spain) there might be a similar case, but I wouldn't goto the website if you're easily upset.

Last edited by zel; May 3rd 2008 at 6:37 pm.
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Where`s Battlezone and his dog when you need him??
Old May 4th 2008, 10:30 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
throwing donkeys off belltowers..
kids shoving a straw up a lizard`s ass and blowing it up for fun.....
!
OK, firstly.................donkeys off bell towers???

How bloody strong are the people getting them up there???!!!

Second point...............by saying "kids" are we talking about Leighbloke?
Old May 4th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
OK, firstly.................donkeys off bell towers???

How bloody strong are the people getting them up there???!!!
I expect they use some sort of catapult or trebuchet contraption to fire them up.
Old May 4th 2008, 10:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coralsoft
I expect they use some sort of catapult or trebuchet contraption to fire them up.
I have to say, if they are going to that sort of effort they kind of deserve to be left alone to do it I say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.