Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Horses with their front feet tied together!

Horses with their front feet tied together!

Old May 2nd 2008, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horses with their front feet tied together!

Originally Posted by zel
....................Not much would ever change if we just turned a blind eye and ignored stuff we consider to be wrong.

Just my opinion really..
I understand your point Zel - but if this were to happen, over time - would everywhere not be the same?

Many people come on and say how they love Spain, the Spanish and their culture - Then gripe about their, ethics, legal system, and bureaucracy. It's the parts that make the whole, start changing the things you don't like and it will change those that you do?
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
Not sure that I see your point?

You can live in a country and not agree with certain practices, most of us live(d) in the UK and didn't agree with a lot of what happens(ed) this doesn't mean one should stay quiet about it or do nothing about what you see just because it's considered "normal"

Not much would ever change if we just turned a blind eye and ignored stuff we consider to be wrong.

Just my opinion really..
I agree with you. I didn`t say it was my opinion. I was giving fact, fact as I know it, but Im sure I will get reams of newspaper articles in quotes off someone... but Spaniards (that I know) don`t have the same animal welfare feelings as us Brits.... at least the older generation don`t.... and as bullfighting still goes on, it would appear that the younger generation don`t either. We fight hard for animal welfare in the UK and win, I think, mostly.... but ideals are different here (in Spain).
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:20 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
It's the parts that make the whole, start changing the things you don't like and it will change those that you do.
Yeah. Ain't that the truth. There's a fine line here, too. At what point do your attempts to alleviate animal cruelty become 'some damn foreigner coming into our country and telling us how we should live'. ??
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

It is obviously done to stop the horses from wandering too far away, but still enabling them to graze. It is also a method used by gypsies in the Uk and Ireland, and by Arabs to stop their camels from straying
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
It is obviously done to stop the horses from wandering too far away, but still enabling them to graze. It is also a method used by gypsies in the Uk and Ireland, and by Arabs to stop their camels from straying
No shit sherlock, but is it legal?
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Big wheels is reiterating what you said earlier..... but what you said was missed
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it's legal. It's been done for centuries
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah. Ain't that the truth. There's a fine line here, too. At what point do your attempts to alleviate animal cruelty become 'some damn foreigner coming into our country and telling us how we should live'. ??
We are a world of different classes and cultures and religions. We are all trying our hardest to mix and blend in one way or another. It doesn`t work. It hasn`t worked for millions of years so why is it going to work now that we are in the `21st century`? One civilisation, one country, one man, has tried to convert other civilisations and countries to their own, in one way or another, at some point in history to the present day. We all view things our own way and everyone else is wrong. We all see ourselves as civilised and everyone else as barbaric. It happened before our birth and will continue after our death. The horses.... I`m not too keen on horses ..if you`ve seen my previous posts.. or actually I should say horseriders... but I wouldn`t like to see them hurt. No. Or any animal for, that matter. (I`m reserving judgement on cats).
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers BW,

Sorted then.

SD love, Theres nowt you can do for the horses. Maybe just make sure there are no big rocks in the field so they aren't hurt when they fall over.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:03 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DebsyW
This is SPAIN.
Bullfighting..
throwing donkeys off belltowers..
kids shoving a straw up a lizard`s ass and blowing it up for fun.....
Who would like to live in a place like this????
YOU WOULD!

Have you been smoking those lancashire hotPOTS
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Have you been smoking those lancashire hotPOTS
You aren`t from the north then???? Did you not know that Lancashire Hotpot is a suppository????

We have a quiet enjoyable satisfaction
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers BW,

Sorted then.

SD love,
Theres nowt you can do for the horses. Maybe just make sure there are no big rocks in the field so they aren't hurt when they fall over.
Oh come on. Please....
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:14 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DebsyW
You aren`t from the north then???? Did you not know that Lancashire Hotpot is a suppository????

We have a quiet enjoyable satisfaction

No wonder Betty's hotpot's in the rovers were popular with you northern folk
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:14 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Incest has been done for centuries.

Don't make it legal though.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:15 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't incest defined as 'rolling your own?'

I'd like to see the horse events in the UK banned where there is a good chance of the horses being injured. I think that's barbaric.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.