Horno y Placa

Old Mar 13th 2016, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Horno y Placa

We want to replace our oven and hob - the existing is getting a bit long in the tooth and the OH (and me) can't get used to its vagaries.

We are looking for a mid range electric fan oven and ceramic hob (not induction). They must be separates as I don't want to hack around the kitchen units.

I have researched models in the UK but soon discovered that these models are not available in Spain. I am seeking advice and recommendations from anybody who has been down this path. Are there good Spanish brands? Or should I stick with the German brands? What are the customer services and support like?

Look forward to your advice and opinions.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 10:41 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horno y Placa

I recently changed over to a Bosch oven. Very pleased with it but it was top of the range. As an alternative and a bit cheaper have a look at Balay which is a good Spanish brand. They, like Bosch, are owned by Siemens. For good prices try Redcoon.es.

Last edited by Fred James; Mar 13th 2016 at 10:43 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I recently changed over to a Bosch oven. Very pleased with it but it was top of the range. As an alternative and a bit cheaper have a look at Balay which is a good Spanish brand. They, like Bosch, are owned by Siemens. For good prices try Redcoon.es.

Thanks Fred
Old Mar 14th 2016, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
We want to replace our oven and hob - the existing is getting a bit long in the tooth and the OH (and me) can't get used to its vagaries.

We are looking for a mid range electric fan oven and ceramic hob (not induction). They must be separates as I don't want to hack around the kitchen units.

I have researched models in the UK but soon discovered that these models are not available in Spain. I am seeking advice and recommendations from anybody who has been down this path. Are there good Spanish brands? Or should I stick with the German brands? What are the customer services and support like?

Look forward to your advice and opinions.
Not quite true Mike. As you know we fitted an IKEA kitchen and researched it all back in MK had the complete annotated design prepared and brought that down with us took the design to Sevilla and bought there without difficulty except one small item for which the Spanish designer found an indistinguishable alternative. This included all appliances. When we got here the brand name for the appliances had changed from Whirlpool to IKEA but they were identical just rebadged. That way you can do all your research at home then order either online here or we could have a trip to Sevilla pick up the kit on the way in then into town for lunch at a cracking new restaraunt we have found!
Old Mar 14th 2016, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi John

We will be over on Friday for a couple of weeks - look forward to meeting up.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

SportyPorty will become famous soon enoughSportyPorty will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info too Fred. We may buy a new oven, as the standard 'non fan-assisted' model in our apartment is worse than useless. When we were buying it, we asked if an upgraded oven could be fitted. Taylor Wimpey wanted €200 more than the cost of the oven just for the upgrade, despite the fact that they wouldn't need to provide a basic model which was included. Needless to say, we didn't take that option!
Old Mar 14th 2016, 3:55 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Beware of "fan assisted" ovens. Many are normal ovens with a stirring fan in the back. Our first oven was one of these and it wasn't a cheap option. I was never very happy with it as the temperature control was about plus or minus 10ºc and didn't bear much resemblance to the setting on the dial. With a bit of trial and error and using an oven thermometer is was "OK".

I changed it for a top of the range Bosch and what a revelation. The fan sucks the air in over an element in the back and blows it out through vents. The temperature is accurate to 1ºc from 30º to 270º. There are 13 different types of heating program and they all work well. A fantastic bit of kit. The auto clean function is amazing and after an hour at 500º it looks like new.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Been looking at Belay and Bosch on Spanish websites (Fred's tip) and the two have similar ranges and prices.
How do you know if the fan is a genuine fan or just a stirrer. We have Neff appliances at home and these do have a fan behind the heating element.

Fred, when you say top-of-range are we talking 1200€+ price range? I was looking around 6-700€ - would these be proper fan ovens? or should we be paying more? Some say "3D hot air" is this the same?

Last edited by MikeJ; Mar 14th 2016 at 5:56 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 6:36 pm

This was the one I bought - sadly no longer available, but the new models will be similar.

Horno pirolítico Acero inoxidable Bosch HBG78S751E

I paid €599 from Redcoon. The UK price was nearer £1000 for the equivalent.

Yes, it has what they call 3D hot air heating and it's brilliant.

This looks like the current equivalent.

Bosch HBG6750B1 · Horno Multif. Pirolítico. Negro | redcoon.es

A similar one in the UK costs about double.

http://www.johnlewis.com/bosch-hbg67...=c&tmcampid=52

Last edited by Fred James; Mar 14th 2016 at 6:39 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SportyPorty
Thanks for the info too Fred. We may buy a new oven, as the standard 'non fan-assisted' model in our apartment is worse than useless. When we were buying it, we asked if an upgraded oven could be fitted. Taylor Wimpey wanted €200 more than the cost of the oven just for the upgrade, despite the fact that they wouldn't need to provide a basic model which was included. Needless to say, we didn't take that option!
Not unusual for a multifunction oven to cost considerably more than a static oven or for a developer to charge you the difference. Everything in these new developments is priced up and if you add to their costs you should expect them to pass the cost on . Since developers do you no favours when it comes to pricing anything the €200 probably reflects the difference between the "full retail price" (in quote marks because retail prices have not officially existed in the appliance industry for quite some time) between the two models.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well we took the plunge at our local ferrer shop. They offered us prices lower than most of the discounters with free delivery installation and removal of the old cooker. We've chosen a mid range bosch horno y placa at €350 below list price - to be delivered and installed tomorrow evening!