Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hoping to retire to Alicante/Valencia

Hoping to retire to Alicante/Valencia

Old Feb 23rd 2016, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Stewart48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hoping to retire to Alicante/Valencia

Hi, this is my first ever message in the forum so I apologize in advance for any errors. We will be spending the month of march in Alicante and would appreciate any info on estate agents in the region. We will be looking at Valencia/Alicante in general. Lots of agents online but which one to choose My wife is French, we met/married in Scotland and have lived in the centre of France for 30 years. I retired a year ago and retirement in Spain is enticing.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hoping to retire to Alicante/Valencia

Hi Welcome ,

What sort of area are you looking for , ex-pat community or more traditionally Spanish area ,

We have some quite new neighbours, well I think they have been here about a couple of years anyway , but they moved from France where they had lived for 12 years before , they said one of the main reasons was for better weather .

Cheers Tony
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the welcome and quick reply. We would like enough ex-pats to enable us to fit in quickly and meet new friends ex-pat and Spanish. I do have some Spanish but it is limited. Been twice to Benidorm, too busy. Looking for flat country for walking, not too far south, too hot, within easy reach of shops and medical care, have to think of age! The weather is better in France than UK but obviously Spanish weather beats both. We do intend to rent for 6/12 months just on a trial basis and to give time to sell up in France.

Stewart
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 3:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stewart48
Hi, this is my first ever message in the forum so I apologize in advance for any errors. We will be spending the month of march in Alicante and would appreciate any info on estate agents in the region. We will be looking at Valencia/Alicante in general. Lots of agents online but which one to choose My wife is French, we met/married in Scotland and have lived in the centre of France for 30 years. I retired a year ago and retirement in Spain is enticing.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rosemary,
Since discovering the forum last October I have been following the posts with interest and as you point out the information is extremely helpful and friendly.

Stewart