Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hondon...very dark!

Hondon...very dark!

Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice
Default Hondon...very dark!

Hello all,
just back from my 4 day visit to arrange NIE's, bank accounts, sign house purchase contract amongst other things! Decided to take a run up to Hondon De La Nieves in the dark, and it was, very dark!
All the streetlights were out over the whole urb. and I am hoping this is temporary due to a fault..
Great weather, lovely blue skies even if a little cool morning and evening. Doubt we will see the sun again until we are out again in July. Just about froze into an icicle arriving in Glasgow today

On a negative note, phoned moneycorp about transferring money and the rate is rubbish, 1.31 odds? Am hoping the rate changes over the next week or so It makes such a difference.

Also managed to achieve something I have wanted to do for a long time...pick an orange from a tree (or rather nicked) and eat it! Best orange I have tasted in many a year let me tell you!! (sad I know)

Diddy Di did I see you walking 2 JRT's and talking to Rosa at the showhouse? It occured to me later you had the 2 dogs!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:09 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hondon...very dark!

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
On a negative note, phoned moneycorp about transferring money and the rate is rubbish, 1.31 odds? Am hoping the rate changes over the next week or so It makes such a difference.
Currencies direct and sun-pay are both slightly better than that
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Diddy Di will become famous soon enough

Hello all,
just back from my 4 day visit to arrange NIE's, bank accounts, sign house purchase contract amongst other things! Decided to take a run up to Hondon De La Nieves in the dark, and it was, very dark!
All the streetlights were out over the whole urb. and I am hoping this is temporary due to a fault..
Great weather, lovely blue skies even if a little cool morning and evening. Doubt we will see the sun again until we are out again in July. Just about froze into an icicle arriving in Glasgow today

Also managed to achieve something I have wanted to do for a long time...pick an orange from a tree (or rather nicked) and eat it! Best orange I have tasted in many a year let me tell you!! (sad I know)

Diddy Di did I see you walking 2 JRT's and talking to Rosa at the showhouse? It occured to me later you had the 2 dogs!
Hi Kitty,
Well your all sorted then.......well done!!!!!
The lights i am afraid not a fault, they are not turned on yet (we asked the question but couldnt get a answer).
I think its something to do with the fact that they are still building & the builder wont pay for street lights, just my thoughts mind you!!!!
No it wasnt me with the two JRTs we will be over March, around about the
9th.
Will PP about other stuff.
Again well done & will see you very soon xx
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

From what we understand, the Town Hall has yet to officially adopt any of the streets on the urbanisation due to certain issues.

After being fobbed off by builders, estate agents and solicitors, we have had enough and are going to the Town Hall to discuss this in more detail - from the horses mouth so to speak.

As soon as we hear anything we will report back to this thread.

Last edited by twyntub; Feb 2nd 2008 at 7:44 am. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:52 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diddy Di;
will see you very soon
Not if the street lights aren't sorted, you won't
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

that's scary! We were convinced there must have been a fault, hard to believe there are no street lights! I saw a guy out walking a dog (german shepherd, mind you!) and thought I would be to scared to walk about in this dark! Hope they get them on soon, must be frustrating for those living there now.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:31 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
From what we understand, the Town Hall has yet to officially adopt any of the streets on the urbanisation due to certain issues.

After being fobbed off by builders, estate agents and solicitors, we have had enough and are going to the Town Hall to discuss this in more detail - from the horses mouth so to speak.

As soon as we hear anything we will report back to this thread.
And don't leave without an answer! Go get 'em TT
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

that's scary! We were convinced there must have been a fault, hard to believe there are no street lights! I saw a guy out walking a dog (german shepherd, mind you!) and thought I would be to scared to walk about in this dark! Hope they get them on soon, must be frustrating for those living there now.
It is very normal for Spanish urbanisations to be without street lights for many many years. Best to keep an open mind on that sort of thing, or it will drive you nuts.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:53 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
It is very normal for Spanish urbanisations to be without street lights for many many years. Best to keep an open mind on that sort of thing, or it will drive you nuts.
And if anything goes faulty with them it is not uncommon to see them taken down and left lying on the pavement with wires exposed for months before they are repaired.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
And if anything goes faulty with them it is not uncommon to see them taken down and left lying on the pavement with wires exposed for months before they are repaired.
This is one of the hardest things for people to adjust to, I think, the lack of "tidy".

There was a hole in the pavement outside my apartment block with a bit of plywood for the purpose of elf n safety. After three years we assumed it was going to be left forever, then low and behold a man and a van turned up one day and fixed it.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

robbo2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe if a few Germans moved to the area would solve problem,as Many Hans Make Light Work
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Especially when the people that live there are already paying their taxes to the Town Hall to cover the cost of things like... street lighting!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Especially when the people that live there are already paying their taxes to the Town Hall to cover the cost of things like... street lighting!
Sure, and good luck with your town hall visit.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sure, and good luck with your town hall visit.
Thanks. We're hoping it will be... very enlightening
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. We're hoping it will be... very enlightening
I know this is obvious, but go with a Spanish mentality rather than an English/British mentality - it helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.