Reload this Page >

Hondon Valley Internet Speeds

Hondon Valley Internet Speeds

Old Jun 13th 2012, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

burt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hondon Valley Internet Speeds

Hi all,

Is there anybody around the Hondon Valley, Alicante area give me an idea of what broadband speeds one can expect these days?

Muchos Gracias.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hondon Valley Internet Speeds

Originally Posted by burt
Hi all,

Is there anybody around the Hondon Valley, Alicante area give me an idea of what broadband speeds one can expect these days?

Muchos Gracias.
I'm afraid that companies are calling 8 -10mb Super-fast, it all depends exactly where you live. Have a look in the EuroWeekly, there are quite a few addverts that might be what you are looking for. There are even two companies saying they have Satellite broadband.
I am paying for 8mb, which tests out at just under 6mb. that is with Europa Network, and I have their U.K. television service (not SKY).
Friends who live near Macisvenda, have wireless internet and receive their TV by it. I don't know the speed and they aren't around to ask, but it must be at least 3mb 'cos the reception is good.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Saxy, Are you near the Hondons then?
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:47 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Hi all,
Muchos Gracias.
The main provider in the Hondon Valley is COMENERSOL
>> http://www.comenersol.com/

They have been around for many years and most people have them. It's about 95% reliable (good for Spain)... They do various wireless packages of Phone / Internet. Start at 4MB (upload & download) up to 10MB and is a lot costlier than UK at about €30 p.m. + installation charge / equipment.

They have English speaking receptionist called Maria who is very helpful. Try to get you order in before August when the holidays are on in Spain.

I have used them for 6 years - other competitors have come and gone! Comenersol have the experience and staff. Telefonica is available in some parts of Hondon but only close to towns / villages, not in the rural parts.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, So it sounds like we're not likely to see anything brilliant but its going to be OK and not facing either dial up or 1mb speeds.

Which part of the valley are you in GrapeEater if you don't mind me asking?

I'm considering heading over there for a drive around before too long for a closer look, at the moment that area is high up our shortlist.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

Can confirm that Comenersol are reliable. I get slightly under 4Mb up and down and I reckon their up time is 99%. Not in Hondon but not far away.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Saxy, Are you near the Hondons then?
No, my friends live on the MU-410, not far from Macisvenda. I was there a couple of months ago to see a fantastic band called "The Red Tops" at the
Fogon del Fraile restaurant. When my friend comes on line, I will ask who he is with, 'cos I know he has no problems.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:01 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Which part of the valley are you in GrapeEater if you don't mind me asking?
Hello Burt,

I am in the main valley between the two villages of Nieves and Frailes. There's info on these sites about Hondon (maybe a bit out of date):
> www.hondon.co.uk
> www.hondondelasnieves.co.uk
> www.hondonfrailes.com

It's a quiet but very friendly area really but that what we like. There's a reasonable choice of bars and restaurants and enough shops for most things. Elche is the main place for a BIG shop - it has a Mall/Entertainment center.