Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hondon Internet Service

Hondon Internet Service

Old Apr 4th 2009, 10:17 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Hondon Internet Service

... only two 'wireless' Internet+phone providers in the Hondón rural areas / campo - and the one we use is a pile of poo, very unreliable lately, poor service, slow, never gotten any better and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone... I have no confidence in them at all - as nice and courteous as the staff are - the system is not up to the demands of most of us here, I'm not even sure they know what they are doing - So it's causing endless hours of frustration, lost tel' calls, web down-time and not being able to communicate. (We have no land-lines / ADSL where I am).

Do they refund for loss of service - do they b*****r !!

The company name - ends in "sol" - don't use them (although it is a bit 'Hobson's Choice').

The other one is more expensive and not much better I am told.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

mrs-mop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hondon Internet Service

would a vodafone/mobile company dongle not work for you instead??
Old Apr 4th 2009, 4:58 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrs-mop
would a vodafone/mobile company dongle not work for you instead??
Mrs Mop - who R U - love the name, know the game !!!

I do have a Mobile by them but Vodafone's reception is hit and miss (as many mobile services are) in these 'ere mountains and I think they have limits of download / speed also !?!

Thanks though!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Mrs Mop - who R U - love the name, know the game !!!

I do have a Mobile by them but Vodafone's reception is hit and miss (as many mobile services are) in these 'ere mountains and I think they have limits of download / speed also !?!

Thanks though!
If youre problem is the connection constantly dropping out, tell them you are desperately unhappy and gonna cancel and ask for a (I think its called) a dedicated IP address ( or something similar)) also they (If the name starts with C and ends with Sol), have an english guy working for them called Kevin, get hold of him and he will ( if you complain loud enough), will come over give you one of those thingies above and after that you will be ok, I used to phone them daily, and now I have NO problems, but I do know others locally are not that happy also
Old Apr 4th 2009, 5:49 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
If youre problem is the connection constantly dropping out....... I used to phone them daily...
Yes I am sick of calling them, yes the connection is dropping loads (a few times a day), yes others are experiencing the same, yes it's been going on for years, I have had their guys out & nothing wrong with my kit/gear, they try to sell me an 'upgrade' of aerial/transmitter @ €80 - but not confident it will be any better !!!!

C'sol don't seem to get that paying for something means it should work and be reasonably reliable! There install guy is around here loads 'fixing' stuff - if it worked in the first place they'd cut the wages bill quite a lot !

And yes K does work for them as he advertises in the Campo !!! Didn't know they did 'dongles' - they never offered it.

Regards
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Also use this company, very rarely have any problems and when I do it is sorted quickly. Must be your location.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Yes I am sick of calling them, yes the connection is dropping loads (a few times a day), yes others are experiencing the same, yes it's been going on for years, I have had their guys out & nothing wrong with my kit/gear, they try to sell me an 'upgrade' of aerial/transmitter @ €80 - but not confident it will be any better !!!!

C'sol don't seem to get that paying for something means it should work and be reasonably reliable! There install guy is around here loads 'fixing' stuff - if it worked in the first place they'd cut the wages bill quite a lot !

And yes K does work for them as he advertises in the Campo !!! Didn't know they did 'dongles' - they never offered it.

Regards
I also have them but only for internet - heard their phones were hopless. no probs with internet and got "landline" from vodaphone - no problems so far
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:06 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by Hondon Rock n Roll
Also use this company, very rarely have any problems and when I do it is sorted quickly. Must be your location.
How much do you use the web ? (Most people I speak to say they use it maybe an hour or two a day - so you may not always be aware that it goes off so frequently (as it resets itself).

If you have the phone, but don't use it much - you may not even realise it's not working (i.e it never rings - so you think no-one calls, but 3 days later a friend says "I tried to call you but you weren't in or phone dead").

Certainly my neighbours and friends think c'sol are a joke and are sick of bad connections, downtime, poor VOIP calls, etc.

Anyway they are coming again tomorrow (lost count).
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:28 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

... well web guy turned up at 8.30am and fitted new antennae/modem as an upgrade (my gear was old). I can try it out for a week+ before I pay. So far (should I speak to soon)... it's working well !!

Keep ya posted !!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

... well web guy turned up at 8.30am and fitted new antennae/modem as an upgrade (my gear was old). I can try it out for a week+ before I pay. So far (should I speak to soon)... it's working well !!

Keep ya posted !!
Surely an upgrade is part of the ongoing contract or did they expect you to use the same stuff for 50 years ?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:10 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by jdr
Surely an upgrade is part of the ongoing contract or did they expect you to use the same stuff for 50 years ?
I agree - but arguing with this lot is a waste of time !!! They pretty much have the monopoly her for the time being - the one other service available is only 1MB (we have 2MB) and is more expensive - they also charge for installation !!!

...rock and a hard place !!!

... and it's about €32 p.m. - my son works for VirginNet in UK - they are rolling out 50MB now and a hell of a lot cheaper... eventually Spain will have to let in / succumb to competition. Telefonica will not install Internet here (say they'd rather sell us a Mobile / Dongle... (cheaper for them I guess)...

I just looked at the Telefonica web site and their headline ADSL deals look not bad value but the small print reveals more costs. (no good to me though)
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Please post more details about VirginNet in UK. Are they going to have one in Spain fairly soon?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:23 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
Please post more details about VirginNet in UK. Are they going to have one in Spain fairly soon?

>>>> http://www.virginmedia.com/

"Virgin Media" are the old NTL / TeleWest and run mainly on cable/fibre optics in UK. I wasn't suggesting they are coming to Spain - Although I'm sure they'd give Telefonica a run for their money !!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hondon Internet Service

>>>> http://www.virginmedia.com/

"Virgin Media" are the old NTL / TeleWest and run mainly on cable/fibre optics in UK. I wasn't suggesting they are coming to Spain - Although I'm sure they'd give Telefonica a run for their money !!
No chance here in MK we are the original cable town provided at the outset by BT. Later taken over by NTL and then by Virgin. We live 800m from our exchange which is fully unbundled and the best speed I can get is 3.5mbits. All down to the archaic mix of copper aluminimum and fibre that has grown up but Vigin are not even offering to re-cable MK with Fibre let alone take on Spain. I am afraid that 50mbits is for the favoured few down south.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
No chance here in MK we are the original cable town provided at the outset by BT. Later taken over by NTL and then by Virgin. We live 800m from our exchange which is fully unbundled and the best speed I can get is 3.5mbits. All down to the archaic mix of copper aluminimum and fibre that has grown up but Vigin are not even offering to re-cable MK with Fibre let alone take on Spain. I am afraid that 50mbits is for the favoured few down south.
Ka Ora has got a 100 connection in France

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.