Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

hondon de las nieves

hondon de las nieves

Old Sep 19th 2009, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

griz616 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hondon de las nieves

was thinking of moving here, but have been told there is a problem with "land grab" in this area. I have a property in mind, so I am concerned. help???Griz
Old Sep 19th 2009, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice
Default Re: hondon de las nieves

Simple solution if you are concerned about the legality of any property, get an abogado independantly of the estate agent (not one on their recommendation), and they will check whether the property is legal or not.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hondon Rock n Roll
Simple solution if you are concerned about the legality of any property, get an abogado independantly of the estate agent (not one on their recommendation), and they will check whether the property is legal or not.
thanks for that, can you give me any other info' on the area please (I assume you live there?) griz
Old Sep 21st 2009, 11:58 am
Just Joined

williams76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I was exactly where you are now about 6 months ago we bought in Hondon De Los Frailes just down the road and we made sure everything was legal etc and am so happy with the result.

If I can help at all as I have been through it, please feel free to call me on 07949 782828

Howard
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by williams76
Hi,

I was exactly where you are now about 6 months ago we bought in Hondon De Los Frailes just down the road and we made sure everything was legal etc and am so happy with the result.

If I can help at all as I have been through it, please feel free to call me on 07949 782828

Howard
thanks howard, I will certainly be phoning you, after I have had a chat with my wife, thanks griz
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Originally Posted by griz616
thanks for that, can you give me any other info' on the area please (I assume you live there?) griz
Don't know if you have been to Hondon de las Nieves, so not sure how much you know about the area. Village is quite small, mainly spanish, a few bars, a couple of banks, restaurants, health centre, opticians, dentist and shops. There is a urbanisation half way between Hondon de las Nieves and Hondon de los Frailes where there are quite alot of homes owned by British and Dutch. Aspe is about 10 mins away, where there are banks, shops a Mercadona and a bus station. Elche which is much larger is about 20 mins. from Hondon. Then Alicante, airport and beach about half an hour away. Scenery around Hondon is mountainous and can get cold in Winter.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by williams76
Hi,

Howard
Not a good idea to put your phone number on a forum.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hondon Rock n Roll
Don't know if you have been to Hondon de las Nieves, so not sure how much you know about the area. Village is quite small, mainly spanish, a few bars, a couple of banks, restaurants, health centre, opticians, dentist and shops. There is a urbanisation half way between Hondon de las Nieves and Hondon de los Frailes where there are quite alot of homes owned by British and Dutch. Aspe is about 10 mins away, where there are banks, shops a Mercadona and a bus station. Elche which is much larger is about 20 mins. from Hondon. Then Alicante, airport and beach about half an hour away. Scenery around Hondon is mountainous and can get cold in Winter.
the name means valley of snow?? that depresses me, how cold/hot does it get.......................thanks...........griz:co nfused:
Old Sep 21st 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by griz616
the name means valley of snow?? that depresses me, how cold/hot does it get.......................thanks...........griz:co nfused:
This year June, July and August have had exceptionally high temperatures mid 40s and no rain, some days hotter than at the coast. Days can still be warm up until end of October, although the nights are cooler. January, February are probably the coldest months where temperatures can drop to below freezing. Five years ago was probably the coldest I have known it where one night it was -11 deg.C. but that was a rare occasion. Think it has only snowed twice in the last 5 years and they were only light snowfalls.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Big Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the rough

Hi, griz616. The name of the village has no connection to the climate but dates back many centuries to the appearance of the 'Virgen de las Nieves'.
Yes it can be cool in the winter and you will encounter some high winds but over all a great climate. So nice to waken to blue skies most days. The climate is obviously only one consideration in moving here. I will say that my wife and I love the area. I'm not sure what your interests are but you have the tranquility of the village and surrounding area whilst still being close to gym, golf course and shopping malls for example. Also easy driving distance to airport. There have been several posts relating to Hondon that you can look up. I would reiterate learn Spanish and be very careful of using a lawyer recommended only by your estate agent. Good luck with everything.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Bueno lo que tengo que decir primera que es absuletamente importante que usted aprenda español la más que puede. He oido de muchos casos que los agentes en España engaña a los británicos porque no saben español. Las costas especialmente, que van muchos británicos sin saber nada.

If you understood what I said, you're prepared not to be taken advantage of
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:44 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Bueno lo que tengo que decir primera que es absuletamente importante que usted aprenda español la más que puede. He oido de muchos casos que los agentes en España engaña a los británicos porque no saben español. Las costas especialmente, que van muchos británicos sin saber nada.

If you understood what I said, you're prepared not to be taken advantage of
I totally agree, except it's not only the Brits they rip-off

but you're going to be told off for posting in Spanish
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

That's the problem here, you get told off for posting in Spanish here, that's exactly how the Spaniards feel when they go over to Spain and move there in great numbers and not learn Spanish, they don't like it either. My family came to Puerto Rico from Spain, and my parents moved us to the States and I was forced to adapt, as well as them. It's possible to adapt, you just have to be a little adventurous
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
That's the problem here, you get told off for posting in Spanish here, that's exactly how the Spaniards feel when they go over to Spain and move there in great numbers and not learn Spanish, they don't like it either. My family came to Puerto Rico from Spain, and my parents moved us to the States and I was forced to adapt, as well as them. It's possible to adapt, you just have to be a little adventurous
What are the bars like, spanish? english? etc .......griz
Old Sep 26th 2009, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

hiya. If youre looking for nightlife then i think youre looking in the wrong place to move to!!!!!!!!

Both hondons are very nice, as are nearby places like la romana and Aspe, but like the person said above, if you dont learn a bit of spanish, its likely you may get ripped off, or just feel lonely.

If it brits you want, then these maybe arent the places. they are very nice but quiet, depends on what you want. From what we have seen of these towns there seem to be "cliques" of english people, mainly older and retired and if you dont fit in with their Clique, it can feel quite lonely. As we are not retired, nor do we go fishing or play golf, it can sometimes feel you are out on your own, UNLESS YOU SPEAK GOOD SPANISH, in which case the locals are most welcoming.

Elche, the nearest city is a superb place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.