Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Homeless seeks welcoming forum

Homeless seeks welcoming forum

Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Location: Castillo de Locubín in the Sierra Sur de Jaén, Andalucía, Spain
baldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of light
Default Homeless seeks welcoming forum

Hi everybody
I am in the throes of jumping ship from another forum and am currently in the bosun's chair.

We have lived in Spain just over five years (just over being 11 days over). We live in a village in the Province of Jaén in Andalucía. "We" comprises yours truly, She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO), the suegra (!), two small dogs (both rescues) and a canary. We have a house on five levels that is typical of Spanish houses - hot in summer, cold in winter although we do our best to keep it temperate.

We generally live quietly, economically and generally enjoy living in a warm, friendly and welcoming environment. SWMBO and the m-i-l are both fluent Spanish speakers and I get by. SWMBO is somewhat younger than I and still works as a translator/interpreter and as the teacher in the village language academy, although this year has another teacher to share the load while she covers some of the classes in Alcalá la Real.

I see that there are some other familiar user names I hope to make the internet acquaintance of many others.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Homeless seeks welcoming forum

Hi Baldi. I trust we can now safely trade insults on here

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 15th 2013 at 8:35 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

baldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of lightbaldilocks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thrax
Hi Baldi. I trust we can now safely trade insults on here without Xabi Scissorhands cutting us down to size.....
But don't forget what might be lurking in the wood-pile
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Alcalaina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm another refugee from Elsewhere in Cyberspace along with Thrax and Baldilocks. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

I've been in Spain nearly six years, I'm retired, I live in a village in Cadiz province. I enjoy reading, cooking, painting, writing and having pointless discussions with complete strangers online.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

OMG, you mean dark brown runny stuff???
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Alcalaina is an unknown quantity at this point

Now boys, be nice and polite or I'll tell Matron!
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

no, pseudo grey hair
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

hahaha
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:58 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All!
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:02 pm
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

Well we'll not be exchanging seasons greetings will we?

We have one of these on here, don't wear it our now.

Last edited by crookesey; Nov 15th 2013 at 5:02 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:05 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gawd...
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Life, don't talk to me about life. Brain the size of a planet and I go and get the aliens. Call that job satisfaction coz I don't...
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Jumping ship?

can you not be a member of both forums?
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Yes, of course you can, but some heavy handed censorship by two of the mods has made it a difficult place to have a chat in...
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:56 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious now. I thought most of the other forums were full of happy clappers. Funny you have all left at once

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.