Home Insurance

Old Mar 1st 2015, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Pauline and John is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Home Insurance

Hi everyone,

Could anyone recommend a good insurance company? We don't speak much spanish yet, so preferably a company we can communicate with.

Many thanks,

Pauline
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Home Insurance

Originally Posted by Pauline and John
Hi everyone,

Could anyone recommend a good insurance company? We don't speak much spanish yet, so preferably a company we can communicate with.

Many thanks,

Pauline
If you are talking about holiday home insurance, I have been using Intasure for years. They are UK based so easy to deal with when setting up the policy. Reasonable premium but (luckily) I have no knowledge of how they deal with claims. Might be worth checking customer review.
Regards
Andy
Old Mar 1st 2015, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyS
If you are talking about holiday home insurance, I have been using Intasure for years. They are UK based so easy to deal with when setting up the policy. Reasonable premium but (luckily) I have no knowledge of how they deal with claims. Might be worth checking customer review.
Regards
Andy
We also use Intasure. For a flat in Spain and rental property in UK. Also luckily can't speak for their service re settling a claim.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Intasure for me too.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Home Insurance

We use Mapfre who have an office in Ayamonte and produce their documentation in English. We have not made a claim against the policy but they have a separate no cost addition which covers electrical items and they have responded quickly and at no cost to us on that. My Panasonic Sound System blew up after a lightening strike and they came took it away fixed after one week and reinstalled. Samsung side by side fridge freezer started playing up they came concluded that although new it needed an upgrade they sourced the parts and installed them. After about a year it seemed to repeat the pattern and they came adjusted things and no trouble since touch wood.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:36 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, we used Intasure for 7 years and each year made a comparison and they were always the best on price. Last year we changed to Saga and, I have not got the figures to hand, but it was a much better quote for a like for like cover so we swapped.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to ask the insurer to cover you for all third party risks. Many think that they only need contents and that the community insurance will cover the building - however, this is not necessarily the case. Many community insurances only cover the communal and public areas and so if a fire or flood should start in your property (God forbid) you would be liable for the damage to your neighbours. Like wise if the disaster starts in neighbouring property you may not be covered by the community policy and you probably won't know if all your neighbours are covered. Do check the details of your community policy - should be available from your president or administrator.

Also make sure that the insurer knows that you plan to rent (if you do) and that any damage caused by tenants is covered.

Intasure have knowledge of Costa Esuri and have policies which understand the local circumstance. Although I am sure that Mapfre would too

Of course this relates to condominiums and not necessarily to villas.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

The best insurance company in Spain (in my opinion) is Santa Lucia. Great coverage and good price.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Pauline and John is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all. Your advice is greatly appreciated and we've already received a quote from Instasure which seems to cover everything.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soyrosa
The best insurance company in Spain (in my opinion) is Santa Lucia. Great coverage and good price.
Have you actually claimed on the policy?

If so what is your experience of their payout policy?

The price of insurance and how nice they are on the phone, in English, means nothing until it all goes wrong and you have to claim.

So what is your experience?
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

My whole family use them. Anytime they have needed the insurance to pay, they have and with no problems whatsoever (yes my family have claimed a few times )Their policy is pretty comprehensive and they cover almost everything.
Regarding the phone answering and how good English they have, I cannot tell you, we are Spanish.
However when there is time to claim, they pay up quick and no hassle.