Reload this Page >

Holiday home location for children

Holiday home location for children

Old Aug 4th 2020, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

TitchTori is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday home location for children

Hi there

I live in Scotland and we have decided to buy. Place in Spain for holidays.

I would really like to buy somewhere that has some kid of kids activity summer club/camp type thing. Multi activity. My children are 8 and 2 but obviously it’s the older one who would be going to camp. I’m not looking for an international camp. Just some kind of locks run type thing.

My priorities for the place we get is. About an hour or less from an airport that flies from Scotland. (Probably Alicante)

Great location for the kids to meet other kids, Spanish or English speaking (my eldest has learning difficulties and at 8 can’t read and has just finished speech therapy so Spanish lessons is not an option, I’d rather he learned through experience which is how he learns anyway.

As I’d like to go for the whole of summer I’d like lots of potential for the kids to be happy and do/see stuff and to be able to walk to a bar/restaurant. And I like the idea of communal pools.

I like the idea of a Spanish town but I’m not adverse to a place full of expats. I’m pretty flexible to be honest if there’s stuff for the kids to get involved in. I’d just like some help with suggestions of great places. Thanks.

Old Aug 9th 2020, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Holiday home location for children

Gosh. There are thousands. Also from Murcia and Malaga airports. There are activities everywhere in summer. Not so much in winter. Some areas practically close down. Hope you get some good ideas on here. Good luck.
Old Aug 9th 2020, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

TitchTori is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Holiday home location for children

Originally Posted by cermignano
Gosh. There are thousands. Also from Murcia and Malaga airports. There are activities everywhere in summer. Not so much in winter. Some areas practically close down. Hope you get some good ideas on here. Good luck.
Thanks! I’ve started looking at places in the Cartegena area. I hope someone can suggest kids clubs/day camps. During the holidays here in Scotland we have day camps where he goes and plays sports and games etc. It’s great for his social skills and development and I want the same in Spain.