Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Holiday home: cleaning, meet and greet etc

Holiday home: cleaning, meet and greet etc

Old Dec 29th 2018, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Holiday home: cleaning, meet and greet etc

Hi,
We have a holiday home in Vinaros (Castellon) and we received a license number.

We would like to know how much we need to pay for cleaning the house, the washing of the linen package and meet and greet?
What will be the price for cleaning the pool all year round?

Any idea?
Old Dec 29th 2018, 3:03 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday home: cleaning, meet and greet etc

That would really depend on who you employ? If you employ a company, it could work out very expensive.
If you do not have any friends in the area, I would suggest you ask at local bars and cafes for recommendations. Place an advertisement in local shops and papers.
Old Dec 29th 2018, 3:45 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

I live in a poorer area and around here about 50€ for cleaning a three bed house, 20€ for a meet & greet and linen about 30€ for laundry for a normal family of four renting the house.
The pool about 60€ per month plus chemicals for the standard 8 X 4 pool

Davexf

Last edited by Dxf; Dec 29th 2018 at 3:49 pm. Reason: added pool
Old Dec 29th 2018, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your reactions!
Old Dec 29th 2018, 5:51 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

€10 an hour is all you should pay for such services. DFX, how often do they clean the pool for €60 a month?
Old Dec 29th 2018, 6:04 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James View Post
€10 an hour is all you should pay for such services. DFX, how often do they clean the pool for €60 a month?
round here once a week 50 euros twice a week 70
Old Dec 29th 2018, 6:22 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds expensive. I can clean my 60m2 pool in less than one hour, and it gets very dirty as it is surrounded by flower beds so leaves are a problem.
Old Dec 29th 2018, 6:42 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds expensive. I can clean my 60m2 pool in less than one hour, and it gets very dirty as it is surrounded by flower beds so leaves are a problem.
Hola

Yes you clean your own pool whereas a "professional person" has to travel to your pool, clean it, test it and then add chemicals. the next customer pays for him to get from yours to theirs. That is his way of earning enough to live on so it takes account of travelling time etc.
Normally cleaned once a week for 60€ a month

Davexf
Old Dec 29th 2018, 6:57 pm

That’s a very fair price - €15 a week. I was commenting on the post from Heikeundalan of €50 for one week. That’s a crazy price.
Old Dec 29th 2018, 10:39 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

That’s a very fair price - €15 a week. I was commenting on the post from Heikeundalan of €50 for one week. That’s a crazy price.
Hola

Yes the way I worked it out was if I were working could I do four pools a day five days a week giving 4 X 5 X 60 or 1,200€ a month. As I have said, "That is your bread & butter, the "Can you just" is the icing on the cake

I have seen many people come and go - those that have remained charge a reasonable price and get return work so if asked that is how I reply.

Davexf
Old Dec 29th 2018, 10:56 pm

As I said, that’s a good price.

So many others charge unreasonable prices for such a simple service.
Old Dec 31st 2018, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your replies. We have a wonderful team for cleaning the house and for the pool. They don't want to give us a bill. We have a license and pay taxes on our rental income. Very difficult to find a local company for this.