Holiday Help

Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

mark4rachel0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday Help

I am not an expat but thought this site may be a good place to ask some questions about an area of spain we are looking at for a villa rental.

We are flying into Alicante on Sunday 12th July and currently have a villa we are about to confirm today in the pinoso/raspay area of spain. Does anyone have any information on this area? We have two children aged 5 and 9 and would like some information on suitability. Is there a beach nearby? The villa we are looking at has a pool which is ideal for the children.

One other area is Castalla International and I am waiting to hear back on a villa in this estate - does anyone know anything about this area.

Any advice from expats would be greatly welcome and many thanks in advance.

Debbie Stewart
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:23 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Holiday Help

Debbie your a good hour drive inland west off Alicante think more with the roads

beach nearby the one beside the airport of Alicante it called Arenales del sol ( at the end runway heading south ) why not try out Santa pola , side side spanish town and you love it there , and dont be payying top dog for rentlys you going see some good bargans coming up this year as people are raped for cash
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for your reply and that is helpful. Are these beaches failry close by or are we talking about an hours drive? Would there restaurants and toilet facilities at these beaches or are the secluded. Thanks for the tip on price and I did notice prices were quite low. Final question, would you recommend area for families (I know Benidorm is 1 hours away approximately and apparently has a theme and water park!) Many thanks again for reply.

Debbie
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

cafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant future

Hi Debbie,

I have a place In Castalla International so will try to give you a bit of info.

It's about half hour from the airport and is a fairly large estate of new builds near the traditional (3mins drive) town of Castalla itself which is very pretty.

You are about half hour drive from loads of beaches, but maybe that's too far for you? You definitely can't walk to the beach!! However there is a lot of choices for the beach we like Campello, it's a lovely beach, not too big, Spanish, lots of cafes & restaurants.

The place is in the mountains so is very beautiful and peaceful, but again it depends what you want. On the estate there are 2 bars, a swimming pool and a small shop. Although if you can hire a villa with a pool, even better!

In Castalla itself there are dozens of cafes, restaurants, shops, and a market on a Tues & Sat.

If you want to tell me where the villa is I could let you know if it's in a finished area. Most of the estate is finished now, just a few bits left.

If you go on Goggle Earth, you can see some pictures of Castalla & Castalla International.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice. We are waiting to hear back from a villa in Castalla International called Casa Nicola and I am keeping my fingers crossed as this complex is where I would like to stay. I have been offered one but it is priced at 1220 euros for 2 weeks which seems high inline with other villas on the estate (Casa Nicola is 750 pounds). A lot of the villas seem to have gone. I have villa on hold in Pinosa/Raspay that I will take if Casa Nicola is a no go. My prime consideration is a pool for the kids (any idea what a saltwater pool is) and a beach and up to an hours drive for the beach is fine for us. Many thanks again for the help.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

cafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant future

Hi Debbie,

Found an advert for the one you are looking at. It looks great!! It's definitely on the finished side so you will have no problem with that.

Don't know much about pools but Saltwater means that's what it's made up off unlike a chlorine one. It's meant to be kinder to the skin esp for people who have eczema and other skin conditions. I'm sure if that's wrong someone with more knowledge will give you a better answer!

Like I said before the beach is only 30 mins max away and it's never a problem for us. Obviously you HAVE to have a car whilst there.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Great thanks for looking at the site for me I really appreciate that - fingers crossed I can secure the booking. Many thanks again.