Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

:Holes in the ground :planning permission

:Holes in the ground :planning permission

Old May 14th 2007, 9:26 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default :Holes in the ground :planning permission

I am on a House buying trip next week and among one of the propertys to be viewed is a partly finished Villa which i am told the owners ran out of money before final completion !!

The nutshell is although the Villa itself now is virtually done the outdoor Pool has not been ..
All it has is a big hole in the ground , and i am told that this confirms the pool has planning permission , according to the agent ..

Views on this please ?
ie; am i likely to get made to remove the pool if i take there word and proceed ,etc,etc..
Old May 14th 2007, 9:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: :Holes in the ground :planning permission

Originally Posted by Big Pete
I am on a House buying trip next week and among one of the propertys to be viewed is a partly finished Villa which i am told the owners ran out of money before final completion !!

The nutshell is although the Villa itself now is virtually done the outdoor Pool has not been ..
All it has is a big hole in the ground , and i am told that this confirms the pool has planning permission , according to the agent ..

Views on this please ?
ie; am i likely to get made to remove the pool if i take there word and proceed ,etc,etc..
You must have paperwork for all building work that is fixed, even paths and patios also exterior painting.
So if you have a hole make sure you have permission to put something in it apart from the soil that came out. ;-)
They can fine you and make you return it to as was and even make you pay for the licence you should of had for it.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:53 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Views on this please ?
Hi Big Pete,

Check that the building permission includes the pool (with dimensions & position) as well as what the validity of the building permission is, ie dates. Usually building permits are for about 2 to 3 years and if that time lapses (from when the building license was issued), you must re apply.

Best of luck
Martha
Old May 15th 2007, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

If they ran out of money, might there still not be debts on the pool etc. and potential visitors demanding to be paid? Or pèrhaps he found out he couldn´t get buillding permission half way through or the pool wasn´t finished for some geological reason. Don´t take anyone´s word for things over here.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:22 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

But once the pool has been there for four years then surely it has a legal right to remain there....I wonder how many people with pools have actually had planning permission to build them....
Old May 15th 2007, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
But once the pool has been there for four years then surely it has a legal right to remain there....I wonder how many people with pools have actually had planning permission to build them....
thats true - its ok as long as you get along with your neighbours and they dont dob you in !!!!
Old May 15th 2007, 6:57 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spain
thats true - its ok as long as you get along with your neighbours and they dont dob you in !!!!
Does anyone actually know of anyone who was made to re fill their pool with earth ?? What if you bought a house with a giant hole in the garden?? From an uprooted tree??
Old May 15th 2007, 7:34 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to be aware of on projects where the owners "ran out of money" is that often you will find that they started to cut corners with the build/quality/materials. Also sometimes if the builders weren't being paid or had an inkling they wouldn't be paid they too may have done "botch" jobs. So get the build checked out independently.
Old May 15th 2007, 3:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
I dont think there is such a thing as the four year rule now.
Old May 15th 2007, 8:48 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the posts , i reckon i will have to look at that one in very close detail

In the Uk have a 10 year Grandad rights they call it ..
If you have got away with it for 10 years i think you can get permission automatically , as long as you have proof its been 10 years or more
Old May 16th 2007, 6:14 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Thanks for the posts , i reckon i will have to look at that one in very close detail

In the Uk have a 10 year Grandad rights they call it ..
If you have got away with it for 10 years i think you can get permission automatically , as long as you have proof its been 10 years or more
hi Big pete, where are you hoping to move to ? we are up for sale now in Barxeta, 10 mins fm Xativa, e mail me for more details,pat
Old May 16th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
hi Big pete, where are you hoping to move to ? we are up for sale now in Barxeta, 10 mins fm Xativa, e mail me for more details,pat
Hi Patsy - are you going back to UK ? thought you loved it there ?
Old May 16th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
just read your post on the other thread - sorry to hear you and your OH are seperating good luck with the sale
Old May 16th 2007, 10:46 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spain
Hi Patsy - are you going back to UK ? thought you loved it there ?
fraid i will go back to uk, and yes, I do love it here BUT am a scardy cat and dont want to be on my own here, yep I know its pathetic but there you go.
I love opening my front door here in the mornings and smelling the rosemary and hearing the birds, I love our village cos the people are so friendly, I love our english neighbours cos they are really nice people , oh I could go on and on..... mind you the way selling goes here I could be here for the next couple of years anyway.......
Old May 17th 2007, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

David will become famous soon enoughDavid will become famous soon enough

The sure way to find out if you have planning permission for a pool is to visit the ayuntamiento.

You need to speak to the 'Tecnico de Urbanismo' give him your address and ask him for a copy of any licences that have been issued on your property.

Even if the time for the execution of the work has passed you can ask for an extension to the original licence.

Good luck

David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.