British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Hip Replacement (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/hip-replacement-715253/)

rumpuss May 1st 2011 7:45 pm

Hip Replacement

Has anyone had a hip replacement operation in the Antequera/Malaga area if so how long were you in hospital and how was it.

jimenato May 1st 2011 9:07 pm

Re: Hip Replacement

Good luck with that one rumpuss but I don't expect you'll get too many replies...

rumpuss May 2nd 2011 8:46 am

[QUOTE=jimenato;9336779]Good luck with that one rumpuss but I don't expect you'll get too many replies..Thanks jimenato I thought with so many silver surfers I would get lots of info, maybe the climate is so beneficial nobody need hip replacement :D

megmet May 3rd 2011 1:09 am

Originally Posted by rumpuss (Post 9336648)
Has anyone had a hip replacement operation in the Antequera/Malaga area if so how long were you in hospital and how was it.

Not personally.... but back in the UK one of my neighbours had to have a hip replacement while on holiday on the CDS.
He was in hospital in Malaga for several weeks, but I guess that was because he would be unable to fly.
He was full of praise for the treatment and care he received, in fact he went back again several months later just to thank the hospital staff.

Good luck with it!

P.S.
The usual stay is around a week, depending on how well you are able to get around on crutches.

rumpuss May 3rd 2011 9:11 am

Originally Posted by megmet (Post 9339500)
Not personally.... but back in the UK one of my neighbours had to have a hip replacement while on holiday on the CDS.
He was in hospital in Malaga for several weeks, but I guess that was because he would be unable to fly.
He was full of praise for the treatment and care he received, in fact he went back again several months later just to thank the hospital staff.

Good luck with it!

P.S.
The usual stay is around a week, depending on how well you are able to get around on crutches.

Thank you for that megmet, that is very encouraging, to date we have only heard positive reports for the health care in Spain, as you say probably a long stay for your friend because of flying, my husband had the first one in the UK and was out in two days and feels the second one is very near.

thanks again rumpuss

megmet May 3rd 2011 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by rumpuss (Post 9340040)
Thank you for that megmet, that is very encouraging, to date we have only heard positive reports for the health care in Spain, as you say probably a long stay for your friend because of flying, my husband had the first one in the UK and was out in two days and feels the second one is very near.

thanks again rumpuss

You're very welcome!
I must say that on the odd occasion I've had to deal with the health service here I've been most impressed, it's been a much less stressful experience than in the UK.

Do let us know how your husband gets on, it will be useful information for others here.

Hope all goes well,
Meg.