Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Highway Robbery- Criminals target cars with Foreign Plates

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...y-robbers.html

Morale of the story...don't stop!
Old Aug 26th 2011, 8:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Highway Robbery- Criminals target cars with Foreign Plates

Originally Posted by Kayak
Old news, but worth reminding people.
They even dress as Guardia in some places and take your cash as a fine.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Highway Robbery- Criminals target cars with Foreign Plates

Originally Posted by Kayak
A funny thing happened to me on the road in a hire car from Portugal. A car behind us stated flashing. And I said to OH. Don't stop. I've heard about these methods of robbing foreigners. So we ignored them even though they got more and more frantic. Then they pulled in front of us and tried to wave us down. We locked the doors and still ignored them. Then they started making rude signs putting two fingers of the right hand through an 'o' shape made with the left. This was pretty scary! Eventually they gave up and sped off ahead.
When I felt safe I pulled the car up and took a look round it just in case, but saw nothing. Felt relieved but a bit shocked.

Got up the next morning and went to the car. The petrol cap was hanging off.
That's what the rude signs were about!