British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   High Speed Rail Link - Alicante to Valencia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/high-speed-rail-link-alicante-valencia-715929/)

Nigeljay May 6th 2011 1:17 pm

High Speed Rail Link - Alicante to Valencia

I read in the Costa Blanca News that the compulsory purchase of land to facilitate the new high speed rail link between Alicante and Valencia will start in the next few months. Does anyone know of a link showing the proposed route of this link? Will it follow the existing line and does therefore this mean that any compulsory purchase is confined to land around the existing line route?

jdr May 6th 2011 2:49 pm

Re: High Speed Rail Link - Alicante to Valencia

Originally Posted by Nigeljay (Post 9347218)
I read in the Costa Blanca News that the compulsory purchase of land to facilitate the new high speed rail link between Alicante and Valencia will start in the next few months. Does anyone know of a link showing the proposed route of this link? Will it follow the existing line and does therefore this mean that any compulsory purchase is confined to land around the existing line route?

You can probably view the route in your local council office.

Nigeljay May 6th 2011 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9347358)
You can probably view the route in your local council office.

Unfortunately I'm in the UK for the next 6 weeks

snikpoh May 6th 2011 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Nigeljay (Post 9347375)
Unfortunately I'm in the UK for the next 6 weeks

Somebody may remember that there was a web site showing the proposed routes all over Spain - have you tried searching the forum or googling it?

Nigeljay May 6th 2011 6:17 pm

I've googled but the links have info. on the fast train but no route plan.

jdr May 6th 2011 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Nigeljay (Post 9347764)
I've googled but the links have info. on the fast train but no route plan.

Just typed your title into Google and got this, Two Maps

Dick Dasterdly May 6th 2011 7:32 pm

Not much detail on the maps but I think it will follow the old/existing route around via Alcoy
It should be open North up the coast to Figueres next year, but it needs the French to get their fingers out to fix a route past Montpellier and provide a viable connection to the North of France and the UK.

Nigeljay May 6th 2011 10:12 pm

Yes the maps are not as detailed as I would wish to see exactly where the route passes in any local area. Also the Costa Blanca News refers to it connecting with Benidorm and that is not apparant from the maps.

Dick Dasterdly May 7th 2011 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Nigeljay (Post 9348182)
Yes the maps are not as detailed as I would wish to see exactly where the route passes in any local area. Also the Costa Blanca News refers to it connecting with Benidorm and that is not apparant from the maps.

Well if the new line follows the present route which goes quite a bit inland, I would think that any link with Benidorm would either be close to, or use the existing link, close to the coast to Alicante.
It would possibly be the shortest and most definitely the easiest and cheapest, due to the difficult topogaraphy just inland from Benidorm making any other connection with the new line very difficult.

steviedeluxe May 7th 2011 9:56 am

According to this clip, the AVE has already reached Gandia

But they are talking about 2020 for the Benidorm link

jdr May 7th 2011 10:01 am

They are no good, the map on the board is no better than my link. :ohmy: :rofl::rofl:

searcher48 May 7th 2011 12:04 pm

I found this through "translate" on www.darioinformacion. sounds like it goes beside ap-7:
The train from Valencia to Alicante will be divided into three sections. The first two, Cullera, Gandia, Denia and Gandia, shall implement the Ministry of Development, while Dénia, Alicante assume the Generalitat, as well as the stretch Gandia-Oliva, which is already public information and the approved environmental impact statement .
The solution proposed in the draft agreement to be signed by both governments define the proposed railway line between Benidorm-Alicante-Valencia, exclusively for the carriage of passengers, standard gauge and a reference speed of 200 kilometers per hour. The corridor would follow the path opened by the AP-7 and begins on the Alicante stretch La Encina-line high-speed Madrid-Valencia, in the municipality of Alicante, to Pedreguer, where a point near the border with the town of Denia connecting with the connection to Valencia.
The total length of this stretch between Alicante and Denia will be 88.941 km, of which 9.130, 10.3 percent of the total, under a section of tunnel, of which there are provided a total of twelve for the entire project, and the rest surface platform.. For all of the line between the two provincial capitals, the extension amounts to 180 miles that separate them.
At the Council said yesterday the intention that the protocol between the two administrations will be signed "in the shortest time possible," to give a definitive boost to the project. Y también destacaron que, por su parte, la reserva de espacio esperan que esté del todo concluida en agosto. And also noted that, for its part, the reservation of space expected to be fully completed in August.