Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hi - New Member from Peniscola, Spain

Hi - New Member from Peniscola, Spain

Old Jul 2nd 2011, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

shirley reid is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi - New Member from Peniscola, Spain

hello my name is shirley i live in peniscola spain and have done since may 2010 have had property here for many years but now since retiring last may have live here with my husband two dogs one cat and many cage birds i have three children and ten grandchildren all who live in england before retiring i was a psychiatric nurse working in essex i also have one brother who also lives in england they try to visit when possible but now the flights are so expensive not as much am enjoying living here and weather is much better than england
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 1:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi - New Member from Peniscola, Spain

Hi Shirley,

Welcome to BritishExpats. I hope you enjoy being part of our little virtual community.

Sounds like you are enjoying life in Spain. Whats your favourite part of life over there?
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 3:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

We understand that where you live is a very beautiful place but have not managed to visit the area ourselves as yet. Do you live in the town itself or on the outskirts?

Join in the discussions and if you have any questions do not be afraid to ask them because the are a lot of very experienced people on the forum.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:14 am
Just Joined

peniscola is a lovely part of spain we live at the quiet end on the border with benicarlo our house is about three minutes walk from the beach where abouts are you
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:26 am
Just Joined

i think i enjoy the slow pace of life over here and its nice not to have to get up for work we have been doing some work on the house but now are just pottering and seing a bit more of the area we live in and going to the different places we have not yet been to
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

We went with the pensionistas to Peniscola in April and loved it. The town centre is superb, reminded me of Guadalest, we also visited Benicarlo and other towns mostly using the local bus service. We didn't see or hear any English which was what I asked for as I wanted to practice my Spanish. My husband doesn't speak much Spanish at all but insists that we have the same sort of holiday next time as he enjoyed it so much and made lots of friends. How did you come to buy a property there as it is not the usual sort of expat area?
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

we were looking at buying a property in spain about twelve years ago a friend of ours worked for a company promoting costa azahar so we went on a viewing tour liked what we saw and bought an appartment in alcosebre after a few years we decideds we woiuld like to retire here but as the appartment was really a holiday home we bought a house your right there are hardly any english speaking people here at the moment how span ish it not to good we can understand more than we can speak but are getting there
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

jaime_aparici is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Hi - New Member from Peniscola, Spain

Originally Posted by shirley reid
hello my name is shirley i live in peniscola spain and have done since may 2010 have had property here for many years but now since retiring last may have live here with my husband two dogs one cat and many cage birds i have three children and ten grandchildren all who live in england before retiring i was a psychiatric nurse working in essex i also have one brother who also lives in england they try to visit when possible but now the flights are so expensive not as much am enjoying living here and weather is much better than england
Hello Shirley and everybody!

I'm new here too. My name is Jaime, I'm a young spanish engineer from Castellón but now I live in Peñiscola with my girlfriend, she is a teacher. We would like to meet english people from or near Peñiscola to improve our english language and, at the same time, we help english people with spanish language. Last days I saw in the forum that you and your husband live in Peñíscola. I don't know if you already live here. Frankly, I think it could be a good idea to discover more about the other culture. There are lots of topics we could speak: tourism, culture, cooking, music, nice landscapes,trekking...
If you are interested in it, please, write in the forum about this.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Johhnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shirley & Jaime,
We have an apartment in Peniscola as well (next to the national park) , still working so not able to visit there as much as we would like !
It is a lovely part of Spain...

From a cold, rainy, windy London !

John
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hola a Jaime y Shirley

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the forum and reading the postings
Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:00 am
Just Joined

hi hope you had a nice christmas and new year there are many things i enjoy about the area i live it is very quiet in winter but in the summer is very lively the weather is good much better than england and the people are very friendly we have found our way about and know where to get everything we may need including things to repair the house and garden and car/trailer the only thing at the moment is sorting out health maters but am sure we will find that out soon
Old Jan 9th 2012, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

jaime_aparici is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
I hope you had a nice christmas and new year, too. Here, in Peñíscola it's a sunny day, this winter is being very warm. Shirley, have you seen the Auditori de Peñíscola inside? I played with a big band there last year, I play the trumpet. I hope you get better about your health.