Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hi looking to buy a sited 6 berth mobile home in spain

Hi looking to buy a sited 6 berth mobile home in spain

Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

neddley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi looking to buy a sited 6 berth mobile home in spain

Hi, we are looking to buy a sited mobile home in spain. Can anyone please lead me to some sites that sell them?

We would like to buy so we can have a taste of living in spain in every season with the intention of moving to Spain eventually full time.

I have tried to google and used ebay but most sites that come up on google are for rental only. Hope you can help. Thank You.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

neddley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi looking to buy a sited 6 berth mobile home in spain

Also i am very interested in a roma caravan for sale in scotland and would like to know if any one has information on companies who would locate it to spain in a camp of my choice and how much it may cost.

Again Thank You.

Neil.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

An idea of the area in Spain would be useful,, however, be very careful about the site, there are a lot of sites over here that have no planning permission, and when the authorities decide to have a clamp down all they do is to bar the gates and move everyone off, just the people, vans etc have to remain, so people can lose the van and all their possesions. This certainly has happened during the last 12 months to a couple of sites round here.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

spanishfamily is on a distinguished road

The village of Mollina near Antequera in Andalucia has a couple of mobile home parks, very popular with Brits. Google "mobile homes Mollina" and you should find quite a few places selling them.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:56 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

There's one near Torrox,its close to Torrox beach club, it has both mobile homes and wooden shalet's for sale,there is a pool on site and a club, I have seen some for sale on the Kyero site someone tried to sell us one a few years ago,they wanted £ 40,000 for it,we were not interested though,and has mikelincs advises do be carefull
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:08 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Near the above-mentioned Mollina are some other sites: Fuente de Piedra, Sierra de Yeguas and Alameda. There are always plenty of "vans" for sale...
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

sally phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Near the above-mentioned Mollina are some other sites: Fuente de Piedra, Sierra de Yeguas and Alameda. There are always plenty of "vans" for sale...
There are a few round benidorm,we looked in to this as a way of permanently moving to Spain as we figured it would be cheap,its not!!!!
Yes the vans are nice ,they tile the awning floor and fit a kitchen in so your awning is basically your kitchen living dining area and your caravan is 2 bedrooms .Some have even got extensions which are either another bedroon or shower room
They cost from £15000 up to 40+k
They are already sited and site fees vary from £2800 up to £5000 per year then you have to pay extra for elec and gas bottles
Seriously it doesnt add up....having said that if its right for you then Geoff at www.sunseekercaravans.com is really helpful and has a great website
Knowing what we know now ie we can rent a nice 2bed apartment in a nicer area with communal pool for about £200 pm,then if after 6 month we want to move to another area for whatever reason we just rent somewhere else
Like a previous poster said,alot of sites cant guarentee your pitch and some you pay month t month at reception so at any time they can say they dont want you there anymore and you have to rip out your lovely awning and find somewhere that will take you.I heard 3 sites in that area were bulldozed recently and everyone had to leave
We also looked into buying our van here and taking it out there,all the sites I contacted said they were full to capacity and not letting anymore long term pitches,if we wanted to stay there we would have to buy one already there,its a big gamble and no cheaper than renting
If its large mobile homes,cabins that sort of thing,dont know so much about those,but you can google and find lots or rightmove.co.uk click on overseas properties then spain
which area you looking at
Hope Ive helped
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sally phil
There are a few round benidorm,we looked in to this as a way of permanently moving to Spain as we figured it would be cheap,its not!!!!
Yes the vans are nice ,they tile the awning floor and fit a kitchen in so your awning is basically your kitchen living dining area and your caravan is 2 bedrooms .Some have even got extensions which are either another bedroon or shower roomThey cost from £15000 up to 40+k
They are already sited and site fees vary from £2800 up to £5000 per year then you have to pay extra for elec and gas bottles
Seriously it doesnt add up....having said that if its right for you then Geoff at www.sunseekercaravans.com is really helpful and has a great website
Knowing what we know now ie we can rent a nice 2bed apartment in a nicer area with communal pool for about £200 pm,then if after 6 month we want to move to another area for whatever reason we just rent somewhere else
Like a previous poster said,alot of sites cant guarentee your pitch and some you pay month t month at reception so at any time they can say they dont want you there anymore and you have to rip out your lovely awning and find somewhere that will take you.I heard 3 sites in that area were bulldozed recently and everyone had to leave
We also looked into buying our van here and taking it out there,all the sites I contacted said they were full to capacity and not letting anymore long term pitches,if we wanted to stay there we would have to buy one already there,its a big gamble and no cheaper than renting
If its large mobile homes,cabins that sort of thing,dont know so much about those,but you can google and find lots or rightmove.co.uk click on overseas properties then spain
which area you looking at
Hope Ive helped
New law brought in last summer which stops all of that on some sites (I think those that are privately owned sites are ok though). I think the government want them to go back to what was intended holiday home sites. There are sites around Benidorm which have now closed. A lot of people selling the carvans will "forget" to tell you about this new law. Try a "google" search - I am sure I read it in the Costa Blanca News.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

ianoxo is an unknown quantity at this point

try los jurales la cala
camping fuengirola
cabapino calahonda i know has statics
camping mabella playa

all on the costa del sol
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

shortcircuit is an unknown quantity at this point

Sally Phil

We looked at the caravan site with the new extension in Benidorm. Very nice but only for short stay. Got the impression a lot were trying to escape.

Would love to find an apartment at £200 pm as we would jump at it. Tried to do a PM to you, but as a new member I will need three post, which will be quite easy to achieve.

Coming to Benidorm next month. Are there any places to look for these apartments?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

www.spainparkhomes.com
Have just found this site as I was looking for a park home for relatives who want to move out here.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Mike

Considered a Park Home in UK with long stay holidays abroad. When I looked into it, the fees the park charged were for everthing, even when you kicked the bucket there was a transfer fee to your next of kin. Decided to stay put and pay an exhorbanent Scottish council tax. You got it good south of the border although we have some really nice advantages (Grouse).

Do the same charges exist in Spain?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shortcircuit
Sally Phil

We looked at the caravan site with the new extension in Benidorm. Very nice but only for short stay. Got the impression a lot were trying to escape.

Would love to find an apartment at £200 pm as we would jump at it. Tried to do a PM to you, but as a new member I will need three post, which will be quite easy to achieve.

Coming to Benidorm next month. Are there any places to look for these apartments?
We lived in Albir just outside Benidorm during the whole of last year and I can promise you there are no apartments that you can rent for that sort of money - have a look at Costa Blanca News on line loads of rentals there - paper comes out on a Friday.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for input Sue, which does not surprise me.

If I find one at £200 pm, its booked for a year.

Will let you no
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:28 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by shortcircuit
Mike

Considered a Park Home in UK with long stay holidays abroad. When I looked into it, the fees the park charged were for everthing, even when you kicked the bucket there was a transfer fee to your next of kin. Decided to stay put and pay an exhorbanent Scottish council tax. You got it good south of the border although we have some really nice advantages (Grouse).

Do the same charges exist in Spain?
Not sure what happens here in Spain, but in the UK it seems to be the same south of the border. Ground rent quoted for the sites on the website are some 300€ a month, not sure what you get for that, but the sites do have pools etc.