Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hi I need a SPACE 4 My Car

Hi I need a SPACE 4 My Car

Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

McZac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi I need a SPACE 4 My Car

Has anybody got a spare under cover space or 1/2 use of a 2 car garage I could rent for for 6 months while we go back to NZ to help sort out family problems caused by the earthquake.
We Live in Tenerife & would be departing from Madrid, we are pensioners & not flushed with cash, so please be sensible & we will be happy to rent it each year till we croak.
My wife wants to go back to see the grand kid at least for 6 months each year to miss winter in Europe (arthritis).

Thank you.
Will
PS our car is a 2000 Peugeot 307 medium size 4 door.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi I need a SPACE 4 My Car

I moved you to the Spanish section ... normally you should put these in Classifieds, but because of the reasons behind it, I will leave this one
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:53 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McZac
Has anybody got a spare under cover space or 1/2 use of a 2 car garage I could rent for for 6 months while we go back to NZ to help sort out family problems caused by the earthquake.
We Live in Tenerife & would be departing from Madrid, we are pensioners & not flushed with cash, so please be sensible & we will be happy to rent it each year till we croak.
My wife wants to go back to see the grand kid at least for 6 months each year to miss winter in Europe (arthritis).

Thank you.
Will
PS our car is a 2000 Peugeot 307 medium size 4 door.
If you live in Tenerife surely you can already miss the European winter.
Not sure if you want car space in Madrid or TF.
Its an expensive job to get your car to Madrid from TF.
Would it not be easier just to fly to Madrid and get a transfer straight onto a N.Z.flight ?
In which case if you want car space in TF there are dedicated forums for the Island with lots of detailed info and advice.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

YES it would be easier to leave the car here but we intend to move to the mainland because as beautiful as it is hear I would prefer the freedom of movement you have from Spain by car when we return.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

while we go back to NZ to help sort out family problems caused by the earthquake.
I wish you and your family well with this.

BEVS
NZ moderator
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

Are you still looking, or did you sort something out?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Hi no I am still looking somewhere near Madrid would be great but open to all ideas..
Thanks
Will
Old Apr 9th 2011, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

Hi Will,

We are Alicante way so not what you are looking for really. However, have you tried idealista.com. They have some garages for rent including some in barajas area which is close to the airport. Madrid can be expensive but you might get lucky. Also, if you are in Madrid at some point lots of spaces are advertised on the buildings and you just ask the doorman for details. However, that is only useful if you have time. Expect to pay at least 100€ per month for anywhere central.

Alicante airport has cheapish car storage e.g. http://http://www.easypark.me/prices. And some of the other airports near to expat areas will probably have similar. Short flights to Madrid from Alicante can be v cheap to make a connection. Alternatively, we used a search engine for car hire that didn't charge one way fees when we came from Madrid to Alicante, so you could leave your car in Alicante and drive a car hire car to Madrid for less than 100€ I reckon. A bit more effort but perhaps worth the savings. It's a straightforward drive right through to the airport.

If you aren't sure where on the mainland you will be living yet it might be worth thinking of leaving the car outside of madrid. Apart from the convenience of having it close when you land, Madrid is only close to Madrid. Anywhere else is a good 3 hours drive away.

Also, have you been searching for car parking or car storage. I have found that looking for 'storage' gives better prices for the length of time you want.

Good luck with the search - sorry we can't help you out more.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you I will take that on board.
Will