Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

hi all from dave + trace

hi all from dave + trace

Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

davetrace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi all from dave + trace

hello everyone this is my 1st time on this site or any other site like this i am currently living and working in mainland spain in the costa blanca guardamar to be exact. i am in the mind to relocate again and move to majorca
the reason behind this is because i am finding life in the mailand is getting a bit stress full as i am trying to set up my own business.
the headaches that arise are quite a hand full
what with translators lawyers forms to fill in and not knowing wheather or not you are being led in the right direction
to be frank and honest the main land is very black and corrupt ya carnt even trust a solicitor sometimes
so i was wondering if the island life of majorca was more easy going and a bit less stress in getting settled and being legal with peace of mind
if you can help i would be greatfully thankfull
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi all from dave + trace

Originally Posted by davetrace
hello everyone this is my 1st time on this site or any other site like this i am currently living and working in mainland spain in the costa blanca guardamar to be exact. i am in the mind to relocate again and move to majorca
the reason behind this is because i am finding life in the mailand is getting a bit stress full as i am trying to set up my own business.
the headaches that arise are quite a hand full
what with translators lawyers forms to fill in and not knowing wheather or not you are being led in the right direction
to be frank and honest the main land is very black and corrupt ya carnt even trust a solicitor sometimes
so i was wondering if the island life of majorca was more easy going and a bit less stress in getting settled and being legal with peace of mind
if you can help i would be greatfully thankfull

Welcome both, someone from Majorca will no doubt be along to advise; there's the language issue you shouldn't forget, not all Castellano! Not sure it's any less corrupt, but maybe they'll tell you! What's your trade? Might make a difference.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:50 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Fiona is right I guess, it may be an island but the system is the same .... its still Spain.

As an ex businessman I have to say that trying to set up a business is stressful anywhere. Add to that a totally new beaurocracy, a different language and a new country ..... that makes it a lot more stressful. personally I would never attempt it, but to those that try ... well you have my best wishes!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

If you can't cope on the mainland then I doubt you will cope on an island. You will have all the usual problems you have been experiencing plus logistical problems.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

davetrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by warren d
If you can't cope on the mainland then I doubt you will cope on an island. You will have all the usual problems you have been experiencing plus logistical problems.
THANX for your replies folks
i do realise that the island is still part of spain however i was in wonderment that with it being a lot smaller and more close knit than the mainland was the red tape and coruption on a much lesser scale
all i want too do is be legal and able to pay my dues to the best of my abillity
in short i want to intergrate no be an allien
every turn and thing you need to do in spain is made as difficult as pos by the legal and tax sectors
re ..warren i feel as i can cope on the main land just checking if it could be easier on the island
but cheers for all your coments x x x
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davetrace
THANX for your replies folks
i do realise that the island is still part of spain however i was in wonderment that with it being a lot smaller and more close knit than the mainland was the red tape and coruption on a much lesser scale
all i want too do is be legal and able to pay my dues to the best of my abillity
in short i want to intergrate no be an allien
every turn and thing you need to do in spain is made as difficult as pos by the legal and tax sectors
re ..warren i feel as i can cope on the main land just checking if it could be easier on the island
but cheers for all your coments x x x
I can see you're trying to be optomistic about it, but think about it logically ........ the tax system, the red tape ... the legal sectors ...... its all the same in both places!

I wish you luck, if you decide to do it .... but dont do it for the wrong reasons