Hi all ...

Old Apr 21st 2016, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

deeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi all ...

Hey everybody, we are planning on moving to Spain, Granada Region in possibly the next couple of months (bad timing I know).

Looking for any advice we can get especially on the lawyer/solicitor front regarding the NIE and such like....we are being pushed towards giving power of attorney atm and we dont know if its a good thing?

another one is health care neither myself or my wife are planning on working so we need a healthcare plan any fingers pointed in the right direction would be appreciated.

Oh and shared experiences good or bad

Thanks in advance
Derek and Kath
Old Apr 21st 2016, 1:57 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all ...

Originally Posted by deeger
Hey everybody, we are planning on moving to Spain, Granada Region in possibly the next couple of months (bad timing I know).

Looking for any advice we can get especially on the lawyer/solicitor front regarding the NIE and such like....we are being pushed towards giving power of attorney atm and we dont know if its a good thing?

another one is health care neither myself or my wife are planning on working so we need a healthcare plan any fingers pointed in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Derek and Kath

My first piece of advice would be to rent before you buy - for a number of reasons. The most obvious is that you can then make sure the area is right for you!

Don't give PoA - as you will be there, there will be no need.

Also, getting an NIE and 'residencia' (signing ion the list of foreigners) is best done in person and is relatively straight forward.

For health care, you will need private cover for at least 12 months. Look at SPANISH companies like ASSA as they are much cheaper than their UK counterparts.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
My first piece of advice would be to rent before you buy - for a number of reasons. The most obvious is that you can then make sure the area is right for you!

Don't give PoA - as you will be there, there will be no need.

Also, getting an NIE and 'residencia' (signing ion the list of foreigners) is best done in person and is relatively straight forward.

For health care, you will need private cover for at least 12 months. Look at SPANISH companies like ASSA as they are much cheaper than their UK counterparts.
Many thanks for the very swift reply, this is something we are looking at doing...but we aren't spanish speaking. ..yet....and are not sure we will know where to start
Old Apr 21st 2016, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Cllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond reputeCllve has a reputation beyond repute

If one of you is in receipt of a UK state pension, you can apply to Newcastle for a form S1 which will be used in the process of obtaining free access to Spain's healthcare system for both of you. That is if you are married to each other.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cllve
If one of you is in receipt of a UK state pension, you can apply to Newcastle for a form S1 which will be used in the process of obtaining free access to Spain's healthcare system for both of you. That is if you are married to each other.
Cheers for that.....no state pension I'm afraid

Just a thought but is there anybody in the Granada area on this forum 😉
Old Apr 21st 2016, 4:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
Derek and Kath
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 21st 2016, 4:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cllve
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what you mean by Granada área, the city or province? I know I am not the only one in the provincia, we are by the coast just inside the provincia to the east in Albuñol.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 9:50 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto for us, on the coast rather than inland.

What area are you looking at? Coast or inland?
Old Apr 25th 2016, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pwwm
Depends on what you mean by Granada área, the city or province? I know I am not the only one in the provincia, we are by the coast just inside the provincia to the east in Albuñol.
sorry about the delay....looking more inland tbh quite fancying the idea of a townhouse, we have a couple of viewing trips planned at end of May
Old Apr 25th 2016, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
Ditto for us, on the coast rather than inland.

What area are you looking at? Coast or inland?
sorry about the delay....looking more inland tbh quite fancying the idea of a townhouse, we have a couple of viewing trips planned at end of May
Old May 10th 2016, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Just been looking at health insurance getting quotes of around 2000 euros per year for a couple is this about right ?

also found a lovely town called Villanueva del Trabuco any info or indeed anybody already there ?
Old May 10th 2016, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

also found a lovely town called Villanueva del Trabuco any info or indeed anybody already there ?
Thought you wanted Granada Province? Villanueva del Trabuco is in Malaga Province

We live in Granada Province, in the mountains of Las Alpujarras.
Old May 10th 2016, 8:15 am
Just Joined

haha i know we are still looking at Granada province but came across Trabuco and there are some nice properties around we are over in may having a good look round
Old May 10th 2016, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

We are on the Altiplano around Baza, Granada.