Hertz UK

Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hertz UK

I have been hiring cars via Hertz for ten years, three or four times a year. This time I was asked for a utility bill or bank statement which I had none. Not living in the UK the former I wouldn't have anyway and the latter I do not have as everything is internet banking. I was then asked to go online in their office so they could see my details thereby compromising the security of my bank account. Never been asked before in ten years.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hertz UK

You should have asked where their nearest competitors office was
Old Apr 21st 2015, 2:43 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I always book on-line with Hertz as Easy Jet have a good deal going with them. Saves all the hassle - I've never had to provide those documents though.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I normally book with Saga good discount and free additional driver but will be looking elsewhere from now on.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

This is getting more prevalent to the point of seeing bogeymen round every corner.

The explanation is- government rules to prevent money laundering. This week we are engaged in selling our UK home. The estate agent asked for photocopies of our passports and a utility bill for the UK address.

On to the solicitors office to sort out the conveyancing and yes same thing. Passports/driving license and utility bill, to prove we aren't money laundering.

Several years ago you could not get anyone to divulge your information because of the data protection act. Now everyone wants your information to counter money laundering. Is it just me who sees the irony between these two rules from our big brother government?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

I'll just add that last time we sold our home albeit 30 years ago, it was simple, estate agent to market it, solicitor to do the paperwork, sit back and wait!

Now we had to leave the solicitors office with a 'pack' of documents to fill out. One of them ran to 60 pages of questions- all required to be answered by the Law Society- to exclude money laundering. It took us two hours to complete them and then had to go back with them this morning.

If only the government would chase tax avoiders with such zeal the country would be much better off financially.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
I'll just add that last time we sold our home albeit 30 years ago, it was simple, estate agent to market it, solicitor to do the paperwork, sit back and wait!

Now we had to leave the solicitors office with a 'pack' of documents to fill out. One of them ran to 60 pages of questions- all required to be answered by the Law Society- to exclude money laundering. It took us two hours to complete them and then had to go back with them this morning.

If only the government would chase tax avoiders with such zeal the country would be much better off financially.
It's not illegal to avoid paying tax

In fact the government encourages it.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

I never said it was illegal Fred. I said they should chase them for avoiding it. In other words it SHOULD BE illegal. For whatever reason tax should be paid by all, companies and individuals, not avoided and allowed.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 11:23 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

... what's all this got to do with Hertz car rental UK ?????