Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Here we come !!!!

Here we come !!!!

Old May 22nd 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of
Default Re: Here we come !!!!

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Can you see me waving at you?
Hi Mitzy.
I looked for you on Sun evening when we were dragging the washing machine out of the van, but couldn't see you !!!
We had Satandpcguy round yesterday, and he said your place is blocked from our view by the property in front of us. We can see buildings each side of you apparently !!!
Do you get down into our part of the area often ? We have a nice little bar just down the road that sells a good beer and we owe you one or two for all of the good advice given to us since we joined the site.
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:34 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarolandTony
Hi Mitzy.
I looked for you on Sun evening when we were dragging the washing machine out of the van, but couldn't see you !!!
We had Satandpcguy round yesterday, and he said your place is blocked from our view by the property in front of us. We can see buildings each side of you apparently !!!
Do you get down into our part of the area often ? We have a nice little bar just down the road that sells a good beer and we owe you one or two for all of the good advice given to us since we joined the site.
I offered to come down and help you with the washing machine but you never replied
I go to Oliva and Gandia quite a lot so we're always around so just let me know, I'm always around for a beer
Old May 25th 2008, 4:50 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

At last - thought this day would never arrive. The van is all packed and we are ready to roll.

Carol & Tony
Sooo jealous good luck hope it all works out for you. Sorry I am visiting here again after a while away did you buy or rent? Enjoy the future
Old May 25th 2008, 4:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Sooo jealous good luck hope it all works out for you. Sorry I am visiting here again after a while away did you buy or rent? Enjoy the future
Welcome back Smarties. Are you thinking of looking around again in Spain, if so what area?

Rosemary
Old May 25th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Well done to you both !!!!!

Hope you both enjoyed the lovely weather we have been having until YESTERDAY

How have you settled in????? It's great isn't it???

You're just down the road from us.....pm me if you fancy meeting up....Ed works mostly nights but free in the days...only next week as after that kids are on half days

All the best for the future....you have a fab summer coming up our first was amazing cos everything is new to you.

lol Mich xxxx

P.S Can't believe Mitzy didn't help you with your washing machine ....
Old May 25th 2008, 5:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Well done to you both !!!!!

Hope you both enjoyed the lovely weather we have been having until YESTERDAY

How have you settled in????? It's great isn't it???

You're just down the road from us.....pm me if you fancy meeting up....Ed works mostly nights but free in the days...only next week as after that kids are on half days

All the best for the future....you have a fab summer coming up our first was amazing cos everything is new to you.

lol Mich xxxx

P.S Can't believe Mitzy didn't help you with your washing machine ....
I am taking them on a guided tour of the Dept Seguridad in Gandia though
Old May 25th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Thanks for the good wishes from everyone.
We have unpacked all the boxes now so can sit back and relax a bit . We have our first visitor, one of Tony's friends is touring round Spain and France on his motor bike and is stopping over for a couple of nights, so getting some practice in for when the family and other friends start to come over.
We are renting over here SmartiesUK, it seems a bit of a minefield to buy.
Carol.
Old May 25th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I am taking them on a guided tour of the Dept Seguridad in Gandia though
Jealous !!!!!! That's gunna be triffic have fun xxxx
Old May 25th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the good wishes from everyone.
We have unpacked all the boxes now so can sit back and relax a bit . We have our first visitor, one of Tony's friends is touring round Spain and France on his motor bike and is stopping over for a couple of nights, so getting some practice in for when the family and other friends start to come over.
We are renting over here SmartiesUK, it seems a bit of a minefield to buy.
Carol.
Believe me...you won't get used to the visitors it's FABULOUS when they're here but after 4 days you just can't wait to have your home back......

Bye for now xx
Old May 28th 2008, 6:06 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Welcome back Smarties. Are you thinking of looking around again in Spain, if so what area?

Rosemary
Sorry Rosemary will PM you dont want to hijack this thread
Old May 30th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Latest update on progress to date. Yesterday we tackled the Health issue. Went to the Seguridad office in Gandia with E121. Nice English speaking lady on reception gave us form to fill out and ticket number 40. She didn't rate our chances of success though because we were using an E121 in Carol's name with me as a dependant and as we are not married we don't have a marriage certificate !!! Anyway, before we could fill in the form, number 40 was called. Into the lions den we went. E121 and copies of NIE plus Padron documents handed over. 'Partida de matrimonio' says she. 'Companero', says I. 'No matromonio'. 'Partida de matrimonio' says she again. This could go on forever. Anyway, nice English speaking lady on reception came to the rescue and translated. Do we have anything that proves we are partners ? Bank statements from the UK ? - No good. Bank statements from Spain ? No good. Lease from Spain ? No good. All these were in both names, but no good. Council tax bill from Burton on Trent with both names, and both UK & Spanish address on it ? Maybe !!! She took it and sent the whole caboodle to Valencia. Now we wait for the Correos, to find out if we were successful.
Grateful thanks to Mr & Mrs Mitzy for taking their time to act as guides for the morning.
More fun & games to come. Next chapter will be the Tax Office.
Tony
Old May 30th 2008, 6:55 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Latest update on progress to date. Yesterday we tackled the Health issue. Went to the Seguridad office in Gandia with E121. Nice English speaking lady on reception gave us form to fill out and ticket number 40. She didn't rate our chances of success though because we were using an E121 in Carol's name with me as a dependant and as we are not married we don't have a marriage certificate !!! Anyway, before we could fill in the form, number 40 was called. Into the lions den we went. E121 and copies of NIE plus Padron documents handed over. 'Partida de matrimonio' says she. 'Companero', says I. 'No matromonio'. 'Partida de matrimonio' says she again. This could go on forever. Anyway, nice English speaking lady on reception came to the rescue and translated. Do we have anything that proves we are partners ? Bank statements from the UK ? - No good. Bank statements from Spain ? No good. Lease from Spain ? No good. All these were in both names, but no good. Council tax bill from Burton on Trent with both names, and both UK & Spanish address on it ? Maybe !!! She took it and sent the whole caboodle to Valencia. Now we wait for the Correos, to find out if we were successful.
Grateful thanks to Mr & Mrs Mitzy for taking their time to act as guides for the morning.
More fun & games to come. Next chapter will be the Tax Office.
Tony

Welcome to Spain!!