Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hepatitis A for Spain?

Hepatitis A for Spain?

Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

hellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant future
Default Hepatitis A for Spain?

I am new to this forum and this is my first post!

I am moving to Ibiza in July for about 7 months and was told today by a nurse that I need to have a hepatitis A jab, due to the length of time I will be there.

It's the first I've heard of it - just wondered if anyone else could tell me more?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

spaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to all
Default Re: Hepatitis A for Spain?

Hepatitis A or immune globulin (IG). Transmission of hepatitis A virus can occur through direct person-to-person contact; through exposure to contaminated water, ice, or shellfish harvested in contaminated water; or from fruits, vegetables, or other foods that are eaten uncooked and that were contaminated during harvesting or subsequent handling. You are not at increased risk in Northern, Western, and Southern Europe, including the Mediterranean regions of Italy and Greece.

More info:

http://www.nathnac.org/pro/factsheets/hep_b.htm

http://www.nathnac.org/pro/factsheets/hep_b_vaccine.htm
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:20 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hepatitis A for Spain?

Originally Posted by hellokittty
I am new to this forum and this is my first post!

I am moving to Ibiza in July for about 7 months and was told today by a nurse that I need to have a hepatitis A jab, due to the length of time I will be there.

It's the first I've heard of it - just wondered if anyone else could tell me more?

Thanks!
Never heard of it, but, I assume you are moving out to work, and it MAY depend on the job you will be doing, if it is at all something with a higher than normal risk.