Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

help wanted? storage for classic vw camper in southern Spain.

help wanted? storage for classic vw camper in southern Spain.

Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

kevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nice
Default help wanted? storage for classic vw camper in southern Spain.

Is there any kind person who would have storage space for my Classic V.W camper van in southern spain.
Inside or out.but off the road.
Preferably around the Mazzaron area but elswhere consdered.
I would be over from uk possibly 2 or 3 times a year and take the camper touring around the costa,s etc staying on camp sites.
Obviously at a charge for storing it when not in use.
The only reason for this is that it is over 33 years old and would not be reliable enough to make the trip over annually.
Please help my camper into Semi-Retirement in the sun.
Genuine ,trustworthy home only.
Reply on here or e-mail [email protected].
Thanks.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

kevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nicekevd is just really nice
Default Re: help wanted? storage for classic vw camper in southern Spain.

Just to add i know the camper would have to be re-registered with Spanish plates etc.
Another question.
I read on here that commercial vehicles over 10 years old cannot be registered.Does anyone know the law regarding classic vehicles etc?
Thanks again
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:15 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevd
Just to add i know the camper would have to be re-registered with Spanish plates etc.
Another question.
I read on here that commercial vehicles over 10 years old cannot be registered.Does anyone know the law regarding classic vehicles etc?
Thanks again
Commercial RHD vehicles cant be registered ...... full stop

Is it a split screen job? My nephew is absolutely mad about them .... he owns one and a half!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Is there any kind person who would have storage space for my Classic V.W camper van in southern spain.
I would be over from uk possibly 2 or 3 times a year and take the camper touring around the costa,s etc staying on camp sites.
The only reason for this is that it is over 33 years old and would not be reliable enough to make the trip over annually.
Thanks.
Being flippant here Kev but there are going to be so many car spaces on the Costa Esuri urbanisation now not sold due to the company going belly up no one would notice if you parked your van! Sorry feeling annoyed! Might well be the same in lots of other places up and down the costas.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Another question.
Thanks again
Campers are not commercials AFAIK, If they are then they should be paying the full whack at the dartford tunnel and ferry crossings
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: help wanted? storage for classic vw camper in southern Spain.

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Campers are not commercials AFAIK, If they are then they should be paying the full whack at the dartford tunnel and ferry crossings
A Berlingo, Kangoo and Doblo Family are most definitely commercial vehicles as has been stated many times over so why not the camper.

What has UK Esturial crossings got to do with Spain?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
A Berlingo, Kangoo and Doblo Family are most definitely commercial vehicles as has been stated many times over so why not the camper.

What has UK Esturial crossings got to do with Spain?
They are not classed as a camper van, they are car derived vans with silly windows in, that do get away with not being a commercial in the UK for the purposes of Ferry crossings and Toll's

As far as I am aware a tranist with a window in is also gets away with toll roads in Spain.

I am takling crossings of to Bilbao and Santander, so that is what it has to do with Spain
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

They are not classed as a camper van, they are car derived vans with silly windows in, that do get away with not being a commercial in the UK for the purposes of Ferry crossings and Toll's

As far as I am aware a tranist with a window in is also gets away with toll roads in Spain.

I am takling crossings of to Bilbao and Santander, so that is what it has to do with Spain
What im trying to say here as I may be totally wrong about the way is a camper is clased not as a commmercial - what I mean is it should be a commercial or not a commercial, but for different things vehicles with glass in the side are not counted as a commercial when it comes to Tolls etc they are counted as a car,

for me its either a commercial or its not, it cant be a commercial for the purpose of not being able to be regisetered, but its not a commercial for the purpose of insurance or tolls,

its just one of them things John that really winds me up
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

What im trying to say here as I may be totally wrong about the way is a camper is clased not as a commmercial - what I mean is it should be a commercial or not a commercial, but for different things vehicles with glass in the side are not counted as a commercial when it comes to Tolls etc they are counted as a car,

for me its either a commercial or its not, it cant be a commercial for the purpose of not being able to be regisetered, but its not a commercial for the purpose of insurance or tolls,

its just one of them things John that really winds me up
You and me both I want to buy a Doblo. If I buy a RHD and import I cannot matriculate it andi f it is LHD then it has to have MOT twice as often because it is a commercial.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

My camper is a bay window left hand drive which is originally from California.
I bought left hand drive with a view to bringing it to Spain.
It is classed as a "motor caravan" on the U.K. log book and Taxation class is "plg".
Hope this helps for any advice etc

Last edited by kevd; Jul 16th 2008 at 7:56 pm. Reason: additional text
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My camper is a bay window left hand drive which is originally from California.
I bought left hand drive with a view to bringing it to Spain.
It is classed as a "motor caravan" on the U.K. log book and Taxation class is "plg".
Hope this helps for any advice etc
You are OK it is LHD. plg is private light goods but that might not apply in Spain.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:45 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Have you tryed marios scrap yard
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:06 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Kevd
Something’s to note. To register any vehicle here in Spain you have to have a registered address and have a NIE plus a few other bits and bobs of paperwork. If you go through this forum you will find a list somewhere.
Being LHD may not help as it is built for the US market and therefore does not conform to European standards. However before you try ask a Gestor for full facts. We imported an Austin Westminster (1964) and made a few mistakes along the way as classic car importation is not so easy.
I would not want to keep any car out in the sun in Spain. The paint will fade in next to know time, so look for a fully enclosed area. You may be lucky and find a garage space below a block of flats for rent if you look at the post card ads in the local supermarket.

Andyrich666, saying a camper is not a commercial in the U.K. does not sway any arguments with the Spanish authorities. Here they are classed as a commercial vehicle.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Andyrich666, saying a camper is not a commercial in the U.K. does not sway any arguments with the Spanish authorities. Here they are classed as a commercial vehicle.

Im not disagreeing with you but when it comes to driving up to a toll its counted as a car, my argument is if its a commerical it should be treated as a commerical at a toll, not one or the other

why should somebody in a small clio van pay more than someone in a LWB Hi Top Transit with a window in it, which could probably fit two clio's in !!

gets my goat as it were
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:11 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Im not disagreeing with you but when it comes to driving up to a toll its counted as a car, my argument is if its a commerical it should be treated as a commerical at a toll, not one or the other

why should somebody in a small clio van pay more than someone in a LWB Hi Top Transit with a window in it, which could probably fit two clio's in !!

gets my goat as it were
just a question.how long has it been since a commercial dosnt pay tolls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.