Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help! Thinkng of relocating to Tenerife and starting a busness

Help! Thinkng of relocating to Tenerife and starting a busness

Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Dienvay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! Thinkng of relocating to Tenerife and starting a busness

Hi we are a couple Patrick and Cathy, we currently live in UK and are considering relocating to Tenerife. After many holidays around Playa de las Americas and talking to a few expats we have met over there, we believe there is something missing. That being a social dance night where people can chill out in the evening, listen to the music and generally relax enjoy oneself, learn a new style of dance called Modern Jive which is massive in the UK. This is also a very good way to keep fit and meet people in the community in a social environment.

We are considering starting this as a business over there and would like some feed back from the expat community in Tenerife as to how you feel about this.

I will have many future questions and if you are a little curious about the style of dancing, music choices, age groups, etc. We will be happy to oblige.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 6:53 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Thinkng of relocating to Tenerife and starting a busness

Originally Posted by Dienvay
Hi we are a couple Patrick and Cathy, we currently live in UK and are considering relocating to Tenerife. After many holidays around Playa de las Americas and talking to a few expats we have met over there, we believe there is something missing. That being a social dance night where people can chill out in the evening, listen to the music and generally relax enjoy oneself, learn a new style of dance called Modern Jive which is massive in the UK. This is also a very good way to keep fit and meet people in the community in a social environment.

We are considering starting this as a business over there and would like some feed back from the expat community in Tenerife as to how you feel about this.

I will have many future questions and if you are a little curious about the style of dancing, music choices, age groups, etc. We will be happy to oblige.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the welcome ultimately we hope we can be a useful and beneficial member of this community, hopefully produce a venues where members can get together in a convivial environment, that spans all age groups from 18 to 80.

There appears to be a lot of people viewing these forums however very few replies, so I would like to do a test.

If you live in Tenerife could you just post a reply and say "Hi"

I am posting this to get a rough idea about how many do utilise this forum within the designated geographical area, as I would like to use it and get helpful and supportive information.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 12:41 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure but I do not think that many members of BE live in Tenerife. Hopefully they will all pop out of the woodwork and prove me wrong.

Rosemary
Old Apr 6th 2013, 12:43 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dienvay
Hi thanks for the welcome ultimately we hope we can be a useful and beneficial member of this community, hopefully produce a venues where members can get together in a convivial environment, that spans all age groups from 18 to 80.

There appears to be a lot of people viewing these forums however very few replies, so I would like to do a test.

If you live in Tenerife could you just post a reply and say "Hi"

I am posting this to get a rough idea about how many do utilise this forum within the designated geographical area, as I would like to use it and get helpful and supportive information.
There is plenty of places if you Google it.. Ritmania School of Dance in Los Cristianos - My Destination Tenerife
http://www.mydestination.com/tenerif...of-danc...Stop! Breathe and be calm. You've found us. Everything you need to know about Ritmania School of Dance in Tenerife is here, vouched for by LOCAL ...
Vamos a Bailar, Let's Dance! - About us
www.letsdancetenerife.com/page2.htmFounded in 2008 by principal Miss Amanda Lambert, Let´s Dance is an exciting performing arts school on the island of Tenerife. The school exists to provide ...
Ritmania Dance Academy - Dance School, Dance Schools - Yellow ...
http://www.islandconnections.eu/.../...y.htmlJordanna - Accepted to the Arts Educational Theatre School, Tring, UK- Sept 2010. Rachel Hooker, Shelly & Maxine Almgill -Dancers -All That Jazz Tenerife.
Dance in Tenerife - Business Pages Tenerife
www.bptenerife.com › Business30+ items – Dance in Tenerife - Business Pages Tenerife is Tenerife's ...
ACADEMIA DE ARTE BAILA CONMIGO Ga¼amar 922 513 981
ARTZMANN, O Puerto de la Cruz 922 389 098
Other Where can I get dance classes in south Tenerife?
www.tenerifeforum.org › ... › Tenerife › Sport & Activities in Tenerife
6 posts - 1 author - 7 Dec 2011
does anyone know of any dance classes south tenerife.
Are there any yoga classes in south Tenerife?‎ - 6 posts - 16 Nov 2011
Other Does anybody go salsa dancing in south Tenerife?‎ - 6 posts - 15 Aug 2011
More results from tenerifeforum.org »
Adult dance classes in Tenerife
old.tenerifeforum.com › Tenerife › Tenerife Sport & Activities
10 posts - 6 authors - 9 Nov 2005
Can anyone point me in the direction of adult dance classes. Doesn't matter too much what style of dancing but not something too extraordinary ...
Are there any Music/Dance classes for young ...‎ - 1 post - 25 May 2011
I'm looking for dance classes and zumba in south Tenerife.‎ - 2 posts - 25 May 2011
Where can I learn flamenco dancing in south Tenerife?‎ - 5 posts - 15 Mar 2008
Are there any dance classes in Tenerife for children?‎ - 10 posts - 13 Oct 2005
More results from old.tenerifeforum.com »
(Pole Dance school)Tenerife - Facebook
www.facebook.com/poleschooltenerife - Translate this page
Polercise - Escuela de baile de Barra americana (Pole Dance school)Tenerife, Adeje, Spain. 1384 likes · 10 talking about this.
Ritmania Escuela De Baile | Facebook
www.facebook.com/ritmania.escueladebaileSo You Think You Can Dance · Like · Pineapple Dance Studios ... KING OF POP, The Urdang Academy, Dance, Tenerife Entertainment Awards, Zumba Fitness, ...
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that reply it’s quite informative however what we propose to do is very different. Here in the UK we have many ballroom classes one in virtually every town where you can dance, however they are limited to 1 hr classes with a bit of freestyle dancing for half an hour at the end with afternoon tea dances.

The format we will be using has taken the world by storm from Australia to USA to the UK. It is a partner dance that is very easy to learn within 6 weeks you can look like an accomplished dancer. You will dance freestyle to all genre’s of music for up to four hours in the evening from 7pm to 11pm with a couple of 20 minute teaching sessions where people can learn a few more moves to add to their repertoire.

Cathy and I went to a function last night, in Winsford, Cheshire, there were probably about 300 people at this venue, and within a 25 mile radius of where we live there were 6 dance venues for this style all holding from 100 to 300 people. I had probably 40 dances, but only had about 5 with Cathy as it is encouraged to mingle and dance with others. Men ask women, a woman asking other men to dance is the norm here. In all honestly I rarely get to ask another female to dance, I normally get asked by a female to dance prior to exiting the dance floor from my previous dance. Many people arrive as singles but still have no trouble finding a partner to dance with. So you are basically looking at going for a night out where you can have a drink, chat dance and listen to good music from 1940’s swing to Blues, Latin, 60’s, Motown etc.

Many of the ballroom dances especially the Latin styles like salsa, tango, samba, cha cha cha etc can be added to this style of dancing but that is more for the advanced. People tend to begin to mix the styles once they have been doing this for 6 months.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:55 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Over here in Playa del ingles most hotels have dancing everynight.. Most of the clubs are closed now for lack of people.. Just come and look around ..dont spend any money on it yet..