Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help!! Shutter fabric ripped and now can’t open!!

Help!! Shutter fabric ripped and now can’t open!!

Old Jul 26th 2018, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Nelwyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!! Shutter fabric ripped and now can’t open!!

Hi everyone,

the fabric cord cord that we open and close our shutter with has frayed and ripped, it has disappeared into the mechanism. Does anyone know of someone that could fix this?

Any replies ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Nelwyn
Old Jul 26th 2018, 6:53 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!! Shutter fabric ripped and now can’t open!!

Originally Posted by Nelwyn
Hi everyone,

the fabric cord cord that we open and close our shutter with has frayed and ripped, it has disappeared into the mechanism. Does anyone know of someone that could fix this?

Any replies ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Nelwyn
Hello Newlyn, I replaced my cord a few months ago and it was fairly straight forward. Unfortunately, I'm back in Ireland again and can't assist directly.

I can confirm that the Ferreteria in Ayamonte near the fish market stock the cord.

See this link How to fix broken pull for window shutters?
Old Jul 27th 2018, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nelwyn
<div style="text-align:left;">Hi everyone,<br /><br />the fabric cord cord that we open and close our shutter with has frayed and ripped, it has disappeared into the mechanism. Does anyone know of someone that could fix this?<br /><br />Any replies ASAP would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br />Nelwyn5</div>
<br />I agree with maccro, it's a very simple replacement.: the tape runs around a simple pulley which you can get at by removing the front plate (4 screws). The only tricky bit of the mechanism is actually in the release mechanism and again it's .fairly simple . Try taking a screwdriver and having a looksee before you pay good money.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 5:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

However if you still feel uncomfortable​​​​​​ doing it why not ask your caretaker (if you have one where you live). For a few euros he (she) will often help after the shift.

Jon
Old Jul 30th 2018, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Nelwyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. Much appreciated!