Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

help re: Staying over 90 days in Spain due to lockdown

help re: Staying over 90 days in Spain due to lockdown

Old Apr 25th 2020, 4:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help re: Staying over 90 days in Spain due to lockdown

Originally Posted by Justaskin
.... These are strange times and I'm sure that allowances will be made for 'overstayers'.
You may well be right, but I wouldn't bet £10 on it.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Justaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You may well be right, but I wouldn't bet £10 on it.
l like to live dangerously, I would risk a tenner.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

There is really no reason for anybody to overstay much less be forced into it.

There has never been any ban on travelling to your place of habitual residence so if you are here by car you could, and still can, drive back to UK.

If you came by plane then by now all passengers should have been offered an opportunity to fly home or been able to secure a flight if they had the will.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 3:16 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin

If you came by plane then by now all passengers should have been offered an opportunity to fly home or been able to secure a flight if they had the will.
Hola

Well I for one will not be travelling by plane any time soon; I may go out when we are let out to play but I will be keeping a social distance, the further the better!!!

You only have to say that you were unwell and were waiting to see if it was the Coronavirus for the authorities to say "OK"

Davexf
Old Apr 27th 2020, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Justaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
There is really no reason for anybody to overstay much less be forced into it.

There has never been any ban on travelling to your place of habitual residence so if you are here by car you could, and still can, drive back to UK.

Not as simple as you say.

Mother in law (UK resident)
son in law (Spanish by birth)
Daughter ( resident Spain)

Mother in law brought over by SIL in law for a winter stay. Drove over in car as MIL is unable and unwilling to fly.

MIL would not/could not have accepted a flight back to UK due to health and phobia issues.

Grandkids in Spain had symptons, so family had to self isolate. Then along came covid19 .Totally unplanned

SIL is not able to drive to UK as its not his habitual residence.

MIL is unwilling/unable to 'hitch a ride' with a returning Brit driving back to UK.

Old Apr 27th 2020, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Stillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that there are valid reasons why some haven't returned. However, those who've had the opportunity to fly back to the UK yet decided to stay, are blatantly ignoring the residencia rules.
Just part of the large 'Under The Radar' club.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stillgame
I'm sure that there are valid reasons why some haven't returned. However, those who've had the opportunity to fly back to the UK yet decided to stay, are blatantly ignoring the residencia rules.
Just part of the large 'Under The Radar' club.
My replies were aimed at the OPs question which was based on their situation of not being able to return, and wanted to know what consequences could arise.

​​​​​​I tailored by answers accordingly, to fit their query.
Old May 1st 2020, 5:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justaskin
..... MIL is unwilling/unable to 'hitch a ride' with a returning Brit driving back to UK.
"Unwilling" does not equal "unable".

Anyone who stayed will be reliant on some sort of legal waiver or a discretion being exercised, which may well happen, but AFAIK hasn't been announced yet.
Old May 2nd 2020, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Unwilling" does not equal "unable".

Anyone who stayed will be reliant on some sort of legal waiver or a discretion being exercised, which may well happen, but AFAIK hasn't been announced yet.
Sometimes unwilling and unable are the same thing.
An 87 year old, not too steady on her pins, some sight and hearing problems, may not be classified as being unable. So if she does not agree to fly or drive back alone, then the more pedantic/jobs worths would say she is 'unwilling'.

​​​​​​Just a play on words actually, that basically only a real s**t would use under the above circumstance.

I'm sure that even in their zeal to catch the under the radar people, there will be exceptions.