Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help on places to live!

Help on places to live!

Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of
Default Help on places to live!

Hi

Can anyone tell me of family area's i.e Estopona,Marbella to possibly live in.

I would like to live in an urbanisation which is as safe as can be for me and an 8 year old.

Thanks in advance xx
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:52 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help on places to live!

I know of one urbanization but wouldn't say it was 100% safe. Nowhere I suppose is.

It is a nice one - has 3 bed townhouses for rents around 1000 per month.

You'd need a car. It is between San Pedro and Bel Air and under townhall in Benahavis.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by manamama
I know of one urbanization but wouldn't say it was 100% safe. Nowhere I suppose is.

It is a nice one - has 3 bed townhouses for rents around 1000 per month.

You'd need a car. It is between San Pedro and Bel Air and under townhall in Benahavis.
Thank you, i need somewhere where there is neighbours but not where it is holiday lets and need to be quite settled in an area which is close to the beach and shops xxx
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:16 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

The one I know is gated with about 36 houses.

It has some permenant residents, some with children.

It does have holiday lets so it gets busy in the summer. Not too busy the past couple of years anyway.

The coast is a short drive so you'd need a car and get to the school. Nearest one is Benahavis which is about 7km.

Every urbanization will have holiday lets - won't be all be residents.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manamama
The one I know is gated with about 36 houses.

It has some permenant residents, some with children.

It does have holiday lets so it gets busy in the summer. Not too busy the past couple of years anyway.

The coast is a short drive so you'd need a car and get to the school. Nearest one is Benahavis which is about 7km.

Every urbanization will have holiday lets - won't be all be residents.
Hi

Thanks for your advice x
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Anyone have any information on the LOS BOLICHES area. x
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi
Anyone have any information on the LOS BOLICHES area. x
bit of a dump really in my opinion... pretty much fuengirola so in the summer you have a shedload of drunk tourists spilling out of the pubs clubs and getting loud! stick to the marbella side, may be a bit more pricey but worth it.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hitchw
bit of a dump really in my opinion... pretty much fuengirola so in the summer you have a shedload of drunk tourists spilling out of the pubs clubs and getting loud! stick to the marbella side, may be a bit more pricey but worth it.
Hi
Just heard that area was ok but thought i would ask, I dont want to be around drunks etc when i will be on my own for part of the months.
Thanks i was looking at the estopona area selwo park (not sure if spelt correctly .) if anyone has info on that area? xxx
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi
Just heard that area was ok but thought i would ask, I dont want to be around drunks etc when i will be on my own for part of the months.
Thanks i was looking at the estopona area selwo park (not sure if spelt correctly .) if anyone has info on that area? xxx
from what I remember, that area is ok, not too far from the beach and ammenities. As i said, if you stick to the marbella end of the coast you will find somewhere, but as another poster mentioned, you will not find a complex that DOESNT do holiday lets! and with regards to drunks, you will also find them everywhere! Lovely place but pricey is Los Arqueros 10 minutes up the Ronda road from San Pedro.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

from what I remember, that area is ok, not too far from the beach and ammenities. As i said, if you stick to the marbella end of the coast you will find somewhere, but as another poster mentioned, you will not find a complex that DOESNT do holiday lets! and with regards to drunks, you will also find them everywhere! Lovely place but pricey is Los Arqueros 10 minutes up the Ronda road from San Pedro.
Thank you
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Just as many drunk tourists spilling out of the pubs clubs in Marbella except they have paid much more.

Enlighten me on where the pubs and clubs are then, cos I don`t know any there.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Just as many drunk tourists spilling out of the pubs clubs in Marbella except they have paid much more.

Enlighten me on where the pubs and clubs are then, cos I don`t know any there.
in boliches...? bars all the way down the paseo...... packed chiringuitos in the summer with peed up tourists falling out onto the sand...
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

in boliches...? bars all the way down the paseo...... packed chiringuitos in the summer with peed up tourists falling out onto the sand...
No pubs or clubs though, just normal bars and chiringuitos usually Spanish in them though and not much falling about from what I have seen.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Los Boliches isnt so bad. More Spanish tourists go to los Boliches than Fuengirola, some goodish restaurants. There arent any bars and clubs at all so dont know what the previous poster was on about. It is a resort though, not really an area to live. A lot of the flats are old and expensive as they're all close to the see. There is a big pink building there full of expats, but its pretty horrible and close to the motorway.

I dont know what the worries about safety are anyway, likelihood is that whereever you are moving to is safer than the UK, even with all the tourists.

In the EU, the most crimes per head are comitted in the UK, least crimes per head comitted in Spain. Although crime rate is higher in the cities and touristy areas of course
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Los Boliches isnt so bad. More Spanish tourists go to los Boliches than Fuengirola, some goodish restaurants. There arent any bars and clubs at all so dont know what the previous poster was on about. It is a resort though, not really an area to live. A lot of the flats are old and expensive as they're all close to the see. There is a big pink building there full of expats, but its pretty horrible and close to the motorway.

I dont know what the worries about safety are anyway, likelihood is that whereever you are moving to is safer than the UK, even with all the tourists.

In the EU, the most crimes per head are comitted in the UK, least crimes per head comitted in Spain. Although crime rate is higher in the cities and touristy areas of course
I think it depends on where you think Los boliches starts.

Many,including me, just take it as an extension to Fuengirola starting at the end with all the bars etc.

I lived for a while in Fuengirola - the other end by the castle. It was lovely there - right on the beach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.